PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] kodi wont boot up

satmanbasil
26-03-17, 14:07
Hi

I updated my solo2 yesterday with the 5.0.007 image and added the kodi pluging all seemed well but I noticed there would have been an update
to the kodi version so set about using ares wizard to update, It went through all the process of downloading and building the update but on power
reboot the version remained the same date. I messed about with this for some time even using a different skin without any luck but at the end when
using a different skin when booting the kodi plugin the screen went blank then reverted back to the plugin select I tried it a few times with the same results.

Today I reflashed the receiver with the same image but didn't allow plugins to load and set about adding the kodi plugin it loaded ok but on bootup I get
the same results as the day before any idea what the best way forward would be do I go back a few builds and install it or edit a internal folder?

regards

spiderman01
26-03-17, 14:38
I think the reliability of v17 with OpenVix 50007 is not very good. A lot of problems reported with KODI in 50007 ViX

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

garryboy
26-03-17, 15:00
Delete the hidden folder HDD/Kodi via FTP and start again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garryboy
26-03-17, 15:03
I think the reliability of v17 with OpenVix 50007 is not very good. A lot of problems reported with KODI in 50007 ViX

To be honest reading around its Kodi 17 and the apps that run on are the problem. Most platforms seem to be fine on Kodi 16.

Unfortunately for the likes of me with the HD51 the only available Kodi is 17.0

Andy_Hazza
26-03-17, 15:09
Kodi 17.1 on my Venz V10 Pro with LibreELEC runs great. I just think you are best keeping Satellite & Kodi separate.

spiderman01
26-03-17, 15:15
I was running it in fire TV stick but lack of available HDMI ports made me go without integrated Kodi in solo 2 box.

spanner123
26-03-17, 17:00
Just for information Kodi 17.0 runs fine on my Solo2 on Vix 5.0.008 and has ran ok on all previous versions of vix/kodi.

fbaggy
26-03-17, 19:54
Getting the same issue on my OS Mega with 5.0.007 and Kodi plugin, deleted .kodi file from hdd and reinstalled plugin but problem persists with black screen the back to plugin select screen

satmanbasil
27-03-17, 16:16
Hi

was informed to delete hdd/kodi file which is hidden I'm using cute ftp and cannot see how to access hidden file in this
I re flash the receiver with a black hole image this is using v16 kodi and that worked ok even using ares wizard to update to latest pulse build which I use
reverted back to vix507 image thinking maybe the reflash may have corrected the issue with kodi but on reinstalling the kodi I'm back to square one
screen blanks out and returns me to the plugin screen.
Any help on program or telnet command to delete this hhd/kodi file would be helpful or can I use an apk file to install older kodi version

regards

Andy_Hazza
27-03-17, 16:21
Use filezilla and force show hidden files.

deltec
27-03-17, 17:08
kodi is working fine with kodi 16 no problems at all

satmanbasil
27-03-17, 21:26
Hi

thanks for the tip downloaded FileZilla and found the file and deleted it later on I will reinstall kodi

@deltec I agree there has been no problems with the kodi of late but v17 is now being installed in the plugin maybe a few issues with some of the builds not working with it