PDA

View Full Version : need help with this box pls

boodykaka
25-03-17, 13:09
I got the tm twin 4k this morning from WOS but it wont boot/turn on my tv is 4k ready, i noticed that the act green light does not light up when pressing the on/off button on the remote, however it light up when pressing the on/off button on the box for the period you press it, i paid for a 1tb hard-drive to be installed could this have something to do with it? i have opened a ticket on the site but was wondering if i am doing something wrong.
thanks

john doe
25-03-17, 13:41
when you say not booting on. do you mean its not going to setup mode? or is there no picture. can you see splash screen

can you confirm that an image has been installed by WOS? and what image.

boodykaka
25-03-17, 14:43
No pucture m8 wos installed latest openvix
Thanks

john doe
25-03-17, 14:49
No pucture m8 wos installed latest openvix
Thanks

I know theres no picture, you mentioned this earlier. when you switch box on what actually happens? is the box hanging on splash screen? does it go into the image? or does t is just say booting ???? anychance you can take a picture and attached here

it maybe that you need to reflash it. sometime and on occasions the first flash doesn't work. a reflash sort it.

have you tried to see if you can ftp into box.

boodykaka
25-03-17, 14:54
it does nothing m8 no splash screen its as if its not booting, can you flash it by powering it on?
thanks, there is power getting to it & i can hear the internal hd working just no display

john doe
25-03-17, 14:59
it does nothing m8 no splash screen its as if its not booting, can you flash it by powering it on?
thanks

see link below in regards to flashing process

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55762-How-to-USB-flash-Technomate-TM-Twin-4K

flashing image

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/technomate-images/tm-twin-4k/

boodykaka
25-03-17, 15:18
Never worked, its as if the box is in constant standby

tried 2 usb pens

Andy_Hazza
25-03-17, 15:29
Try unplugging the hdd and booting up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
25-03-17, 15:33
Is the HDMI lead fully inserted?
Are you able to test different HDMI lead?
Are you able to test different HDMI port on TV?
Does the receiver respond to remote pushes?
Is openwebif working? (Check router for IP address)

boodykaka
25-03-17, 15:47
hdmi is fully inserted the cable is working on my android box the receiver does not respont to the remote
thanks

john doe
25-03-17, 15:50
hdmi is fully inserted the cable is working on my android box the receiver does not respont to the remote
thanks

can you answer the questions that abu has posted (post 9). DO YOU HAVE AN IMAGE OF THE PICTURE ON TV TO ATTACH.

boodykaka
25-03-17, 15:54
took the sata cable off the hd then tried but still the same

boodykaka
25-03-17, 15:55
there is no picture on the tv there is no boot the green light does not come on

boodykaka
25-03-17, 16:00
No ip address has been assigned by the router

Andy_Hazza
25-03-17, 16:00
Can you use filezilla to login (ftp) into the receiver? You should be able to see the receiver in your Router Home Page if its connecting. But if the green light isn't on, it looks dead receiver to me, if you have done all the obvious checks.

boodykaka
25-03-17, 16:01
cant log into it m8 no ip address assigned
thanks

Andy_Hazza
25-03-17, 16:05
I would email WoS.

boodykaka
25-03-17, 16:11
i did contact them earlier
thanks everyone for the advise :)

Andy_Hazza
25-03-17, 16:14
Hope you get sorted soon. [emoji4]

TheBeast
29-03-17, 15:50
I got the tm twin 4k this morning from WOS but it wont boot/turn on my tv is 4k ready, i noticed that the act green light does not light up when pressing the on/off button on the remote, however it light up when pressing the on/off button on the box for the period you press it, i paid for a 1tb hard-drive to be installed could this have something to do with it? i have opened a ticket on the site but was wondering if i am doing something wrong.
thanks

Hi, had the exact same issue last week. I ordered the 4K triple. No signal to the TV at all and no sign of the thing booting. Eventually sent it back and I received a new one the next day. This implies the other one was faulty.. No info was given about the fault of the other one so no idea what was the matter with it.

Just contact the help desk, they will sort you out I'm sure.

boodykaka
29-03-17, 21:23
yes m8 i did & they were very helpful