PDA

View Full Version : KODI v17 hangs exiting on Solo 2 running OpenVix 5.0007

spiderman01
24-03-17, 23:27
Hi guys,

As the title says the solo 2 box hangs and the remote doesn't work any function when I press the exit button on KODI v17. I have used two different skins and same thing happens. I have to switch the box from the switch power behind. Otherwise KODI works quite well.

1. Cam I damage the Solo 2 or its configuration box by switching it off from behind?

I am running the VU+ Solo 2 via HDMI to a TV with only two HDMI inputs and the other one is being used by the PS4. I do understand a proper android box will be better to run KODI but I do really need to make it work in my Solo 2 box because I haven't got other HDMI ports. (I have tried the HDMI switchers and three of them did not work).

How can I fix KODI from hanging while I try to exit? Could I use the same "fixes" seen in different you tube videos directed to KODI running in windows or fire sticks? Please help!!!

garryboy
24-03-17, 23:48
I posted in another thread as I have the same issue with my mutant HD51.

Hangs on exit. Have to use TELNET to restart box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1999gtv
25-03-17, 01:28
I turned off Kodi version check addon and also stopped Kodi version check from auto updating which has improved the hanging issue for me. It still hung for quite a while on the first quit after turning the above addon off, but since then it only takes about 10 to 15 seconds. I don't use a build from any of the wizards as most of the addons they contain I never use.

shrube
25-03-17, 03:28
I'm also experiencing this on a Solo 2.

danny121pt
25-03-17, 20:20
Telnet

killall kodi.bin

If its stuck for longer than 30 seconds on exit.

Puts you straight back to plugin feeds menu, without need of a restart.

garryboy
25-03-17, 20:23
Yep that telnet command works great.

Ive ended up just deleting the kodi app because if this.

Seems to be a problem on Windows and Linux also.

App runs fine till I need to exit back to Tv.

shrube
26-03-17, 04:11
Thanks for the tip danny.

I just updated to Kodi 17.1 on Vix 5.0.0008 and the issue is still there.

deltec
26-03-17, 04:38
same thing hear strange iv gone back to an older image using kodi 16 no problems regards

spiderman01
26-03-17, 10:42
Can I uninstall Kodi v17 and install v16 Jarvis instead? Do you think it will resolve the problem?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

twol
26-03-17, 10:50
On another forum, I have seen endless issues reported with Kodi 17, apart from Nvideo Shield.. the fix always seems to be go back to Kodi 16 where the issue(s) are not present.

1999gtv
26-03-17, 12:09
I dont use kodi 17 on the shield, Spmc performs much better. I would not use kodi 17 at all given the choice as can't even get it to run TvHeadend on the Wetek play anywhere near as well as previous Kodi versions, addons from the offical kodi repository like Iplayer no longer work etc . Not all of the problems are Kodi 17 issues, more issues are caused by poorly designed addons and builds and scripts that are not device specific.

garryboy
26-03-17, 12:30
The basic kodi with no apps installed exits ok sometimes

Soon as I load any app eg exodus then it won't exit at all.

spiderman01
26-03-17, 13:01
How can I install v16 in Solo 2. If I install it via the plug in download it will install v17 right?

Andy_Hazza
26-03-17, 13:06
How can I install v16 in Solo 2. If I install it via the plug in download it will install v17 right?

You will have to install 4.2.30 ViX Image if you want Kodi 16.

spiderman01
26-03-17, 13:23
Thanks Andy!! Just a thought. Could I FTP the KODI v16 install to the solo box after uninstalling v17?

spiderman01
26-03-17, 13:24
And also, any drawbacks installing 4.2.30 ViX image?

Andy_Hazza
26-03-17, 13:29
4.2.030 is a solid release. Only drawback I guess is no more updates and any new driver updates, new features etc won't be available. But ABM & CrossEPG will work just fine.

spiderman01
26-03-17, 13:43
Sorry Andy but I have just moved to this new VU + world from Spiderbox a couple of weeks ago and I am trying to get the grip of it. If I install that image, I won't get any updates but I can always install the newest image again. Is that correct?

Andy_Hazza
26-03-17, 14:02
Sorry Andy but I have just moved to this new VU + world from Spiderbox a couple of weeks ago and I am trying to get the grip of it. If I install that image, I won't get any updates but I can always install the newest image again. Is that correct?

Yeah you can always go back to ViX 5.0, nothing to stop you from doing that. I keep Kodi & Satellite totally separate, but I understand peeps want both together.

shrube
02-04-17, 00:27
I just updated to 5.0.009 and tried Kodi again. Some add on and repositories were updated and I am glad to say I can now exit by pressing the button in the top left corner. It still takes about fifteen seconds to return to normal TV but at least it no longer hangs.

Luk
24-04-17, 18:01
Just a thought. Were you running Kodi v16 on the solo before you installed v17? If so, did you delete the hidden Kodi file from your hdd before the new install.

ash888
24-04-17, 18:33
i have this issue too on my duo2 but have found that if i wait 10-15 seconds after i have stopped playback than it will close kodi immediately.

i noticed that when viewing anything in kodi the LCD screen would display random letter/number relating to the stream.
this would remain on the display after i stopped playback for about 10 seconds.

for some reason my screen does not display that info anymore so i have to just wait 10-15 seconds before i exit. rather than rebooting from the mains.
but if your box displays the info then just wait for that to disappear then exit.

well it works for me.