PDA

View Full Version : Setting up your VU+ with Motorised Dish & Seperate Positioner

catseye
16-05-10, 12:36
He's my set up & works fine at present

Channel Master 1.2 Dish
18 Actuator
Invercom Twin lnb with feedhorn
Moteck v box positioner
& of course Vu + Twin tuner sat receiver

Current image Dream Elite

Menu, Main menu -option 8 Set up
Option 1 Service Searching
Option 1 Tuner Configuration

Both Tuners should appear on screen

Make sure both Tuner B is set up exactly same as Tuner A

Tuner A -Advanced
Satellite -right/left keys on r/c to choose sat you wish to view
Lnb 1- if you are feeding from one lnb even if its twin/quad etc
DiSEqc Mode 1.2
Use Usals for this sat no
Store position at - whatever your stored position is for that sat on vbox positioner

For example Astra/Eurobird 28/28.5 East is stored at position 28

Hope this helps

Likvid
16-05-10, 14:52
Yes, the Positioner plugin is not working good on Vu+ so it's better as you say to store the positions directly with the positioners remote control and the define the position for each satellite under tuner configuration in Enigma2

Sicilian
16-05-10, 15:09
Sorry to hijack your thread Catseye, but you post how the v box positioner is set up please as I'm thinking of buying one to hook up to an old DM7020.

Likvid
16-05-10, 15:35
I have the Gbox V500 positioner which is the best i've tried, i had Vbox2 before that and wasn't satisfied with it.

You just use the remote for the positioner and move the dish with and then you press store on the remote and then you press the number you want it stored at x, example STORE -010 - STORE, then Astra2D is store on position 010.

Then you goto in tuner configuration and choose Diseqc mode 1.2 and then in the end of the list there is an option for USE USALS? you change to NO, then you have a new line below which says what position this satellite should be stored at, you just type 010 and then save and exit.

So next time you choose Astra2D it will move automatically to position 010.

Do this for all other sats you want to configure with unique position number for each sat, you can store up to 32 sats, which means 32 positions, it starts at 001 and ends at 032

catseye
16-05-10, 17:57
Sorry to hijack your thread Catseye, but you post how the v box positioner is set up please as I'm thinking of buying one to hook up to an old DM7020.

Scill Do mean in terms of connections m8?

zephyr4
20-05-10, 05:55
What should tuner B be set at for a motorised dish with actuator and gbox positioner with single feed lnb I am using the pli image.

Thanks z4

hummer66
20-05-10, 07:31
Sorry misread the post

daddykins
08-06-10, 22:13
thanks, I've got it going with your help, cheers!

D

Now onto WebTV...box is visible etc but "no video" at the moment...!

ttalex
11-10-10, 16:54
I believe there is a problem with Vu+Duo positioner functionality.

I have an EDON 2150 positioner on my Channelmaster C120 dish connected to Vu+Duo and it seems to work incorrectly when moving between remote positions. It works fine for example when moving from 13E to 19E but stops somewhere in the middle when going from 28E to 30W. It looks like some timeout happens or circuit overload protection. I have also noticed that it moves better (further) East than West.

The same configuration works perfectly fine with DM800 connected.

I have tried to play with "Satellite equipment setup" plugin settings (bottom 2 lines) but doing so makes Vu+Duo very unstable and rebooting with "green" screen when moving positions.
I have tried VTI and VTX images and the same problem exist with both!

Anyone here has positive experience setting up positioner with Vu+Duo?

Any feedback would be really appreciated!

Alexander aka Satbeams
DM800, DM500, Vu+Duo
CM C120 45W-...-57E
Gibertini-125 40E
T90

http://radikal.ru/F/s56.radikal.ru/i151/1007/a2/35a7ae7cd6de.jpg.html

robsond90
13-10-10, 22:58
I got mine set up with a GBox V3000 positioner without much trouble, and the dish covers 53E to 45W. I used the positioner to drive the dish to the satellites already stored in it with my previous receiver, then peaked each position again using the 'Positioner Setup' option in the receiver. The only thing I found that you really had to be aware of was to remember to enter the correct satellite 'Position Number' each time before pressing the green button to save the peaked position, otherwise you get multiple satellites stored at 'Position 1'!

I suppose you've already checked that you've got each sat correctly identified in the receiver? The positioner driver seems to be working well enough with its default settings in all images (and I've tried most) with my setup , so it's worth double checking your positions again, just to be sure.

ttalex
15-10-10, 23:37
I have all the positions stored too with DM800 and I copied all the settings from dm800 image directly to Vu+Duo settings file. All the positions look correct for all the birds if I browse them through the menu.
As I said the only problem is that the motor only moves between close positions. When the dish needs to go longer way - it stops in the middle of nowhere. When I connect DM800 back it moves the dish without any problems!

I got mine set up with a GBox V3000 positioner without much trouble, and the dish covers 53E to 45W. I used the positioner to drive the dish to the satellites already stored in it with my previous receiver, then peaked each position again using the 'Positioner Setup' option in the receiver. The only thing I found that you really had to be aware of was to remember to enter the correct satellite 'Position Number' each time before pressing the green button to save the peaked position, otherwise you get multiple satellites stored at 'Position 1'!

I suppose you've already checked that you've got each sat correctly identified in the receiver? The positioner driver seems to be working well enough with its default settings in all images (and I've tried most) with my setup , so it's worth double checking your positions again, just to be sure.

robsond90
19-10-10, 15:36
How have you got your tuners configured? After playing with my setup I have dicovered that having lnb B "Equal to A" causes some problems (refusal to go to certain satellites), whereas setting it back to "Second Cable ..." immediately corrects them again.

ttalex
20-10-10, 17:01
Thank you very much! I will give it a try and report here.

How have you got your tuners configured? After playing with my setup I have dicovered that having lnb B "Equal to A" causes some problems (refusal to go to certain satellites), whereas setting it back to "Second Cable ..." immediately corrects them again.

ttalex
20-10-10, 18:58
Does not seem to work still.
I have tried all the settings for tuner B. With Tuner B equal to A the motor does not move at all and with all others - the same result - stops in the middle!

Thank you very much! I will give it a try and report here.

Likvid
21-10-10, 01:10
http://radikal.ru/F/s56.radikal.ru/i151/1007/a2/35a7ae7cd6de.jpg.html[/code]

Seems strange they haven't bothered to fix the Satellite equipment plugin yet, i tested many months ago and gave up because of all green screens so i am using the positioner as separate instead.

robsond90
25-10-10, 01:44
Why don't you give the plugin another try, Likvid? You've got basically the same positioner as I have (mine's just got more memorised positions), and I have no problems at all using ViX 1.1 (or any other recent image). We might find out whether Alexander's problem is related to his positioner rather than the receiver. (At least, we may go some way to establishing whether the positioner plugin only works with some boxes and not others - although, if they are all supposed to be diseqc 1.2 compatible it's a mystery why one should be "more compatible" than another.)

ttalex
26-10-10, 19:46
I gave up on Vu+Duo and connected DM800 back so really, do not waste your time on this. The issue may well be specific just to the set of equipment that I have.

Overall, I liked the receiver and will definitely keep it if I could resolve this issue.

mrhdooley
01-11-10, 22:22
I have posted this issue on multiple forums as well! I have the exact same problem, I store my positions and then the dish does not move correctly! sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I have to reset the box about 20 times a day to get it to work. This problem started for me when I flashed the latest images, i have tried VTI VTX and PLI. The only support I got was to use USALS instead. I have tried every tuner combination and changed LNB's. The problem only started for me when I reflashed a few weeks ago.

I gave up on Vu+Duo and connected DM800 back so really, do not waste your time on this. The issue may well be specific just to the set of equipment that I have.

Overall, I liked the receiver and will definitely keep it if I could resolve this issue.

mrhdooley
01-11-10, 22:25
by the way, i am not using an external positioner, just motor connected to receiver

I, Brian
08-11-10, 20:19
Am having problems with positioning and is quite frustrating. The Vuo+ Duo is supposed to be easy and simple to use, but if it won't move properly between satellites then obviously there is a serious problem with the box that needs fixing. >:(

Sicilian
08-11-10, 21:04
Am having problems with positioning and is quite frustrating. The Vuo+ Duo is supposed to be easy and simple to use, but if it won't move properly between satellites then obviously there is a serious problem with the box that needs fixing. >:(

This thread has nothing to do with your issue. This is about using an external positioner. Please keep your issue in your thread here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3636-Vu-Duo-no-services-found&p=26147&highlight=#post26147

mk753
09-11-10, 14:57
Hi,
Strange things can often happen, in computers and these electronic gadgets. Anyway, my question is more or less about the same issue. Presently my Duo is only connected to one lnb on the motorised dish via a positioner. If I install a twin lnb on my sat that cable would directly go into the receiver bypassing the positioner. How could I then make both the tuner A and tuner B the same in the tuner setting as only lnb A would be via the positioner while lnb B would be directly connected to the receiver? Can someone please advice?

TIA

Sicilian
09-11-10, 15:04
Hi,
Strange things can often happen, in computers and these electronic gadgets. Anyway, my question is more or less about the same issue. Presently my Duo is only connected to one lnb on the motorised dish via a positioner. If I install a twin lnb on my sat that cable would directly go into the receiver bypassing the positioner. How could I then make both the tuner A and tuner B the same in the tuner setting as only lnb A would be via the positioner while lnb B would be directly connected to the receiver? Can someone please advice?

TIA

Try setting Tuner B equal to tuner A.

mk753
09-11-10, 20:36
Will try. Thanks

Huevos
10-11-10, 01:38
How could I then make both the tuner A and tuner B the same in the tuner setting as only lnb A would be via the positioner while lnb B would be directly connected to the receiver? Can someone please advice?Set tuner B as "second cable of motorized LNB".

Sicilian
10-11-10, 11:54
Set tuner B as "second cable of motorized LNB".

Thats ok for Diseqc motor, but not for use with a external positioner.

Huevos
10-11-10, 14:20
Thats ok for Diseqc motor, but not for use with a external positioner.Can you explain why you think that?

"Tuner B equal to tuner A" would need two identical but independent motorised aerial systems.

Sicilian
10-11-10, 14:28
Can you explain why you think that?

"Tuner B equal to tuner A" would need two identical but independent motorised aerial systems.

I just re-read the question in post 22, my mistake, your answer is correct :)

Likvid
18-11-10, 00:17
When i press the button for west or east one time in "Fine Movement" in the Positioner menu the motor moves too far when i click one time, it's like 10 pulses instead of 1.

How do you make it move smaller steps?

Huevos
18-11-10, 10:18
When i press the button for west or east one time in "Fine Movement" in the Positioner menu the motor moves too far when i click one time, it's like 10 pulses instead of 1.

How do you make it move smaller steps?It's probably the v-box. My v-box does the same with all receivers. It's impossible to give it a small enough nudge from any receiver to accurately align it on any fringe satellite. The answer is to use the v-box remote control to nudge the dish one click at a time to where you want it and then save the position.

Likvid
18-11-10, 10:45
It's probably the v-box. My v-box does the same with all receivers. It's impossible to give it a small enough nudge from any receiver to accurately align it on any fringe satellite. The answer is to use the v-box remote control to nudge the dish one click at a time to where you want it and then save the position.

I never had this problem with my DM800 or IPBOX9000.

Huevos
18-11-10, 11:14
I never had this problem with my DM800 or IPBOX9000.It must be the length of the pulse coming from the receiver then. Anyway, if you use the v-box remote control you will be able to nail the satellite and then save the correct position.

Likvid
18-11-10, 12:35
It must be the length of the pulse coming from the receiver then. Anyway, if you use the v-box remote control you will be able to nail the satellite and then save the correct position.

I don't have any remote control because i have the Aston Satseeker, it's totally dependent of the receiver commands.

Likvid
18-11-10, 21:30
I have solved the problem now, i had to RESET the Satseeker positioner, now it moves small steps as it should.

Webbiola
19-12-10, 13:35
I have an existing motorised set up, Manhattan ST500 receiver with built in 36v positioner, Jaeger Gold motor and 88cm dish. I am wanting to add a VU+ to this setup using the Manhattan positioner to move the dish and lnb loopthrough to the VU+. It is a single lnb setup. As I now sit down and think of how this would work in practice I am starting to have doubts about it's practicality. Has anyone else got a similar setup that could help me out? Thanks in advance.

Webbiola
29-12-10, 12:46
The VU+ duly arrived and I used lnb loopthrough from the Manhattan and it worked but only if the Manhattan was subsequently switched off. I thought about a priority switch but instead went for a Gbox V2000 positioner unit. The Gbox and Vu+ work well together but there is a significant (particularly with the current weather) signal loss to the extent that some weaker transmissions have disappeared (they reappear if I reconnect to the Manhattan). I am not yet able to connect to a network (awaiting wireless dongle) when the VU+ will hopefully give the Manhattan a clean pair of heels but I am initially a little disappointed by the signal loss and the fact that it is a little buggy (I am currently using VTI image having tried original, PLi and Vix) all have suffered with green screen message shutdown/restart or blank screen even on fta German Hot Bird channels.

Huevos
29-12-10, 14:36
If you are receiving channels better on the Manhattan than the Vu there is a bad connection somewhere. Vu tuner is unbeatable. Also since I switch to VIX 1.3 I haven't had one green screen. Trouble probably is because you are not connected to the network, as the first thing you are supposed to do after installing the image is download the latest updates as these don't contain known green screen bugs.

phoenixapollo
05-12-12, 23:34
Hi

I am using Vix 3.0 on my Vu + duo and currently have the following satellites in the box

1 West Thor
Sirius 4.8
7 east Eutelsate
9 East Eutelsat
13east Hotbird
16east Eutelsat
19.2 e Astra
23.5 Astra
28 Astra

But for some reason will not let me add 10east so I can move the dish to this position and then store the satellite

Any ideas

Bit of a novice but done ok so far :)

He's my set up & works fine at present

Channel Master 1.2 Dish
18 Actuator
Invercom Twin lnb with feedhorn
Moteck v box positioner
& of course Vu + Twin tuner sat receiver

Current image Dream Elite

Menu, Main menu -option 8 Set up
Option 1 Service Searching
Option 1 Tuner Configuration

Both Tuners should appear on screen

Make sure both Tuner B is set up exactly same as Tuner A

Tuner A -Advanced
Satellite -right/left keys on r/c to choose sat you wish to view
Lnb 1- if you are feeding from one lnb even if its twin/quad etc
DiSEqc Mode 1.2
Use Usals for this sat no
Store position at - whatever your stored position is for that sat on vbox positioner

For example Astra/Eurobird 28/28.5 East is stored at position 28

Hope this helps

Huevos
05-12-12, 23:44
But for some reason will not let me add 10east so I can move the dish to this position and then store the satellite What is your tuner config for 10E?