PDA

View Full Version : Slight delay in changing channels

Dunnock
23-03-17, 20:50
I have two receivers, a VU+ Solo2 and a UV+ Uno4K. Both are running the latest openvix image and configured more or less the same. Both connected to the same dish and receiving the same channels. I’m utilising OSCAM on both which are configured exactly the same and running fine, the oscam logs looks sweet with no problems flagging up. The problem I am having is that changing channels on the Uno4K box is a bit slower, just by a second or two but there is a difference. Both boxes are on Ethernet connections to the router so no problems with delays there. I’m thinking maybe that something inside the openvix image isn’t quite as efficient, maybe a driver of some sort, not sure if it should be reported to the developers?

Any thoughts??

0jjones
23-03-17, 21:32
Hi I have the same problem. I have vu zero which is fast then the vu uno4k which is a but sluggish. I did read that it could be because of the epg been saved to the hard drive. However I have changed the location to the internal flash but doesn't solve the problem

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dunnock
23-03-17, 21:41
Hi I have the same problem. I have vu zero which is fast then the vu uno4k which is a but sluggish. I did read that it could be because of the epg been saved to the hard drive. However I have changed the location to the internal flash but doesn't solve the problem

Interesting to hear you have the same problem

abu baniaz
23-03-17, 21:42
Whoever said EPG on HDD slows things down is mistaken. It is kept in RAM.

0jjones
23-03-17, 21:45
How would you some this problem abu baniaz?

abu baniaz
23-03-17, 22:24
I don't know. A debug log may help show problem. But it definitely is not the EPG being stored on a HDD. The EPG data is loaded from the storage device at startup and written at restart/deep standby. All other transactions are in in RAM.

Picons on HDD would cause slow down (unless automatic timeshift is activated, in which case the HDD is constantly spinning).

Sicilian
24-03-17, 07:02
This is how the Uno4K has been since release. Thought it was me being picky. I'll report to VU+. Sure it can be fixed in drivers.

Dunnock
24-03-17, 09:29
Nice one Siclian

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk