PDA

View Full Version : Booting Problem

Tosca
23-03-17, 20:41
I set up my Technomate TM-NANO-3T COMBO with much appreciated help from this forum, 2 years ago and have been using it constantly.
2 weeks ago it crashed whilst simply watching BBC1. Then re booted OK. However, yesterday I tried to boot from a deep standby. The Technomate screen appeared, then Openvix with the LOADING bar. The bar reached 49%, then crashed.
I tried this repeatedly with no success. Can anyone please help.

abu baniaz
23-03-17, 21:03
The 49% loading error is usually a HDD/Storage device check. Disconnect the HDD and try starting again.

Tosca
23-03-17, 22:39
Thanks. I've now disconnected both leads to the HDD, reinstated the external connections, but still goes dead at 49%.

abu baniaz
23-03-17, 22:40
Reflash is the quickest way to overcome the issue. Everything on flash memory will be be erased.

judge
23-03-17, 22:41
Is E2 crashing or the box rebooting?
Can you still ftp into it & get any logs?

Tosca
23-03-17, 23:38
Ok thanks. I'll try a reflash. Will I also loose my settings?

Tosca
24-03-17, 00:02
How do I reflash. Does this mean I download OpenVIX 5.0.006 using a flash drive?

abu baniaz
24-03-17, 00:08
To flash, you will need to use a USB flash drive. Yes, you will lose all your settings.

Before you do so, can you answer the question @Judge asked. If you can still FTP to it, then you can get teh crash logs and this can help identify the problem. It may be possible to fix the issue without a reflash.

Tosca
24-03-17, 08:08
Sorry, Judge bamboozled me with science. I don't know what an FTP is! I've never tried finding crash logs, but am willing to learn.

Tosca
26-03-17, 20:33
I've bitten the bullet and reflashed. I extracted the files from Openvix-5.0.007 and flashed the receiver. The screen eventually verified the updated software.
It still crashed at 49%.
Would you please tell me if there is anything else I could try or do I need to buy a new receiver?

abu baniaz
27-03-17, 01:04
Can you try following please:
Disconnect HDD, USB drives, all cables barring power and HDMI. Does it boot then?

Andy_Hazza
27-03-17, 03:30
Can you flash the following bootloader and see if this helps >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/bootloaders/technomate-bootloaders/tm-nano-3t-bootloaders/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tosca
27-03-17, 21:08
I've flashed the bootloader, but the 'new firmware detected' screen only appears for a split second and doesn't therefore load. The old Apollo 118 and Openvix-5.0.007 load again though.
I've also removed the hard drive completely to get at the front USB cable to the PCB and removed this. The rear USB is soldered to the PCB. I cant find any more cables inside the box to disconnect. Tried re booting and switches off receiver at 49% again.
Have we unfortunately exhausted possible options now?

Tosca
28-03-17, 18:41
Thanks very much for your help (Abu and Andy).
Could you please tell me which receiver you would recommend that I purchase, comparable or better than the Technomate NANO-3T COMBO, with a more robust software design?
Also, is my hard drive with its mounting and cables interchangeable with a different make of unit?

Andy_Hazza
28-03-17, 18:53
I've flashed the bootloader, but the 'new firmware detected' screen only appears for a split second and doesn't therefore load. The old Apollo 118 and Openvix-5.0.007 load again though.
I've also removed the hard drive completely to get at the front USB cable to the PCB and removed this. The rear USB is soldered to the PCB. I cant find any more cables inside the box to disconnect. Tried re booting and switches off receiver at 49% again.
Have we unfortunately exhausted possible options now?

The bootloader is quick. If you blink you will most likely miss the update. hehe

Andy_Hazza
28-03-17, 18:55
Thanks very much for your help (Abu and Andy).
Could you please tell me which receiver you would recommend that I purchase, comparable or better than the Technomate NANO-3T COMBO, with a more robust software design?
Also, is my hard drive with its mounting and cables interchangeable with a different make of unit?

What type of HDD is it? 3.5" or 2.5"?

abu baniaz
29-03-17, 21:16
Ring Technomate and see what they say.

abu baniaz
29-03-17, 21:26
You were only meant to disconnect the cables at the back. Disconnecting card readers etc causes problems.

abu baniaz
29-03-17, 21:46
Your posts say you flashed new image and verified it, and you also say teh update screen flashed for a split second. To me this means the flash was not successful.

Tosca
31-03-17, 20:43
Sorry I've only just discovered that there is a page 2 on these threads. It is a 2 1/2" HDD.
It flashes Openvix images ok still, but not the bootloader suggested.

Tosca
12-04-17, 20:34
:) As you suggested, I contacted Technomate with the booting problem, who gave me an Openpli link. Hey presto the receiver booted.
I reconfigured tuner A,B & C, then downloaded a Vhannibal.motor plugin and moved the dish to the various satellites.
But after I set up AutoBouquetsMaker, for some reason I cannot get the dish to move.
Can you please help!

abu baniaz
12-04-17, 21:07
Autobouquetsmaker does not touch your tuner configuration.

Is this 0.8w/1w issue?

Tosca
12-04-17, 22:53
I don't know. When I select a channel on another satellite, the satellite symbol appears with goto satellite and a count down in seconds, as usual. However, the channel name comes up with a blank screen, as the dish has not moved.
How can I check that the DiSEqC H-H motor is still functioning?

abu baniaz
12-04-17, 23:01
Your post suggests that your problem started after installing ABM.

If your motor is not moving, I suspect your tuner configurations are wrong. For tuner configuration to be correct, it must match the hardware connected to each tuner.

You would need to describe in full detail out exactly what you have connected to all three tuners. You should also in full detail say what the tuner configuration is for all three tuners.

For example, a personmight have one motor connected to Tuner A, but they set both tuners as having motors/or for one of them use "equal to". That is wrong.

Tosca
13-04-17, 23:00
Thanks for your very helpful comments.
Tuner B is set up for positioner, with the correct coordinates. Tuner A is looped through to B. Tuner C is DVB T2. This all worked fine with dish movement to all the satellites, but for some strange reason failed to move after setting up Autobouquetsmaker. I've since deleted the Autobouquetsmaker set up and the dish still does not move.
I will externally apply a 15v DC supply to the DiSEqC H-H motor to see if it has given up the ghost. If it works, then I will assume that the receiver needs replacing, as the booting problem is another strange issue.

abu baniaz
13-04-17, 23:03
Explain how you looped through?
What have you set tuner A as?

Tosca
13-04-17, 23:16
Tuner A :- Configuration mode - loop through to
Connected to - tuner B

abu baniaz
13-04-17, 23:21
Have you double checked the F-plug? It may have dislodged.

Tosca
14-04-17, 12:22
Yes, all sound. I thought I may have plugged it into LNB1 instead of LNB2. But no. It is all set up the same way that I have been using it for the past few years.
I will try setting up a 15v supply to see if the motor still works, in a few days time. Thanks for all your suggestions, much appreciated.