PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Complicated series of problems/ segmentation?

George Kildare
23-03-17, 16:36
I have been having complicated problems for a month - first with v4.2 and now with 5.02.

After a few hours (sometimes more than a day) the box still works but sticks (rotating vix) on the channel it is on and can only be cured by turning off and on the mechanical switch. It then restarts and goes to the relevant channel but then shows the message
LogManager
Error: Failure instance: Traceback:<type
.........Errno 28] No space left on device

After a few lines
...... packages/twisted/_threads/team.py:190:doWork
---<Exception caught here>---
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-
packages/twisted/python/threadpool.py:246:inContext

After restarting with the menu (for a second time), the box behaves normally.

The problem begun with Openvix 4.2. After reflashing to v5, just turning off and on with the switch does not always cure the problem. I often need to reflash from the usb stick and then restore the backed-up image.

Until yesterday I had several backup images of various openvix versions stored on disk. Yesterday when I reflashed and restored they all seemed to disappear!! However, luckily I have now a made a new backup that seems to work.

I don't seem to be able to find the crash logs and they do not seem to get mailed to me, although I entered my email address in the log manager. However, I have looked at the relevant debug log. This has a size of 1.8 MB. I assume that the most important part is the end.

"< 47231.281> /usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0(PyEval_EvalFrameEx) [0x76A3D448]
< 47231.281> -------FATAL SIGNAL (11)
Segmentation fault"

Note that when rebooting or restoring, there has been a message about 4 bad segments for a long time.

All these errors together are perplexing. I assume that "no space left on device" refers to the flash memory. However, I selected my 1TB hard disk as the location for the epg. I have a large number of channels and bouquets and internet streams. Could this be the cause and should I consider spring cleaning them?

However, the last message is ominous and presumably means that either my hard disk or flash memory needs to be reformatted. ????

I will be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks.

abu baniaz
23-03-17, 17:50
"No space on device" refers to the internal flash memory. You are assuming it is EPG, it could be something else.

Most probably IPTV/Media plugins.

George Kildare
24-03-17, 19:58
Sorry for not replying sooner. I still get the spinning wheel when I leave the box on for a few hours.

I have the following Plugins loaded:CrossEPG Downloader
EPG-Importer
Media Scanner
Multi-Transcoding Setup
OpenWebif
Picture Player

I am not sure whether I need them all. Could one of these be responsible?

Many thanks.

nsw9154
24-03-17, 20:19
i have the ET10k and mine is running fine on version 5.0.006 and i am just about to update it to 5.0.008 via auto update, but you could try using Image Manager to update to 5.0.007 but do not install the plugins and see it that works better

ccs
24-03-17, 20:23
Sorry for not replying sooner. I still get the spinning wheel when I leave the box on for a few hours.

I have the following Plugins loaded:CrossEPG Downloader
EPG-Importer
Media Scanner
Multi-Transcoding Setup
OpenWebif
Picture Player

I am not sure whether I need them all. Could one of these be responsible?

Many thanks.Everyone gets these plugins by default, only you will know if you actually use any of them.

nsw9154
24-03-17, 20:35
i never realized that they are all the Default Plugins i know that CrossEPG Downloader OpenWebif and EPG-Importer are needed but not sure about the rest

but i would presume if they are loaded in with the ViX Image they must be necessary

IAmATeaf
25-03-17, 10:06
Where do you save your downloaded EPG to and if your​ have a HDD or USB stick is the EPG set to download to the HDD or USB?

adm
25-03-17, 10:26
Note that when rebooting or restoring, there has been a message about 4 bad segments for a long time.

That's probably OK - I always get the same on my ET10K. Possibly a write protected part of the flash that contains the boot loader???

Have you filled the flash with picons?

DaMacFunkin
25-03-17, 11:57
He would need an enormous amount of picons to fill the flash on a ET10k.
It will be epg in the flash or wrong config in Mgcamd.

abu baniaz
25-03-17, 12:56
If you are not having much luck finding the problem in the debug logs, perhaps you should attach them?

Debug and crash logs are saved to same location.

George Kildare
25-03-17, 16:55
``Here are 2 debug logs. I thought that they were a bit big to send.

abu baniaz
25-03-17, 16:58
If there are recent crash logs, feel free to attach them.

George Kildare
25-03-17, 17:30
Many thanks/ For some reason I can never find crash logs, although I have set my email address for them to be forwarded.I think that they are supposed to be in the tmp directory.

abu baniaz
25-03-17, 20:26
Find them on the receiver. Don't guess where they are, double check what you set in the Logs menu.

Default is home/root/logs

abu baniaz
25-03-17, 20:28
You have an issue with your EPG. It is corrupt. It also cannot be found on the HDD.

George Kildare
25-03-17, 20:39
Many thanks. home/root/logs is the default log folder on my machine, but there are only debug logs there. I cannot find crash logs. Some of the debug logs exceed the max size allowed of 4 MB

abu baniaz
25-03-17, 20:44
There is an issue, but not a crash. Otherwise you would have them. Segmentation faults are usually driver/kernel related.

Just for future reference, any large debug/crash log files can be zipped and attached.

abu baniaz
25-03-17, 20:48
On the 4.2 image, did you issue start at a particular 4.2 image? If so which one?

George Kildare
26-03-17, 08:16
Thanks Abu. The epg seems to always fill up OK after restarting. Should I remove the 2 epg plugins CrossEPG Downloader and EPG-Importer, reflash and add them again?

abu baniaz
26-03-17, 19:29
Try this plugin/script
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52890-Remove-EPG

George Kildare
27-03-17, 15:11
Very many thanks. I will try this in a few days.

George Kildare
29-03-17, 07:09
This seems to have worked. I have not had a crash in 2 days. Again, very many thanks Abu.