PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mega] Receiver renames storage device name and path on reboot

kokojnr
23-03-17, 14:41
I have Edision OS Mega with 500GB internal HDD, my EPG, TimeShift and recording are all set to the HDD.

I use MK Picons, but because of the size which about 230MB, i could not put the picons on receiver flash storage so i got a 1GB USB stick, Initialised, mounted it, and loaded the picons into it, everything works very well.

On system>information> devices... the internal HDD is labelled as /HDD and the USB is labelled as /sdb1 but whenever the receiver wakes up from standby or i reboot it, it renames the file path for both the internal HDD and USB.

it renames the USB to /HDD and the internal HDD as /sdb1, this is now causing the timeshift and EPG to fail.

Is there anyway i could stop the receiver changing the storage path name please?

Sicilian
23-03-17, 14:46
Check mount points. Blue button > ViX > Mount manager > Re-setup the mounts.

abu baniaz
23-03-17, 14:54
This should not be happening, the larger device should be HDD.

Anyway, it is. Use the workaround posted.

kokojnr
23-03-17, 15:29
Thanks all, im at work, will try the workaround this evening and update here.

birdman
23-03-17, 22:39
This should not be happening, the larger device should be HDD.It depends on which responds first to the kernels query for "what is out there"?. It why Linux distros (at least Ubuntu ones) now mount by partition uuid (which is what happens if you set them up through the mount manager).

abu baniaz
23-03-17, 22:43
So the commits about USB/HDD are pointless?

birdman
23-03-17, 23:16
So the commits about USB/HDD are pointless?Depends which ones.
They both show up as /dev/sdn?, and if your fstab says /dev/sda1 is mounted on /media/hdd then it will be, even if that is the USB stick as that was found first.
It's many years since I had anything mounted by device name at boot time, except on systems with only one such device.

IAmATeaf
24-03-17, 09:50
I've always got the uuid using the command blkid and added that to my fstab else as indicated the devices can just randomly switch.

kokojnr
24-03-17, 18:31
Check mount points. Blue button > ViX > Mount manager > Re-setup the mounts.
Tried this last night and it sorted the problem

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk