PDA

View Full Version : Sound issue

mark_hopley
22-03-17, 19:01
I have only ever had vix image installed so unsure if this is hardware or firmware related but every so often (maybe 30 mins maybe a couple of hours) I lose sound for a split second which then gradually rises back to full sound (whole process only 1 second but annoying).

Has anyone else had this issue?

Andy_Hazza
22-03-17, 19:09
Not noticed this on my Vu+ Ultimo 4K. Mine is plugged directly to my tv and have optical lead to my onkyo amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark_hopley
22-03-17, 19:28
Mine is running to Panasonic TV via denon receiver all via hdmi. Seems to happen Mainly on itv but that might just be what is watched mainly

gerinemo
22-03-17, 19:47
Mainly on itv
I have been having something similar still have not got to the bottom of it yet
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55557-Audio-Dropouts

I did think it was a new issue after upgrading but after downgrading back to 4.1.16 Im still getting audio dropouts
I have a different receiver also connected to same LNB but in a different room that does not have the audio issues

and have also noticed that it appears more on ITV 3
but have occasionally had it on terrestrial now as well

Upgraded to 5 .0.5 today and still getting the issue
I was thinking that maybe the tuner is faulty and may have to send it back :-(

mark_hopley
22-03-17, 21:31
Do you use openvix?

gerinemo
22-03-17, 23:12
Yep trying 5.0.5 at the mo hoping it may cure it but no such luck
even got up and realigned the dish but had no effect :-(

mark_hopley
22-03-17, 23:20
Think I'm gonna have to reflash a different image to see if it's image related I guess

gerinemo
22-03-17, 23:27
Yep me too
Really like vix but if I have to I will swap
Don't like blackhole but I have used openATV before and it was ok
I think it was more the amiko alien2 that I had it on that was the problem just dident have the welly to run it
So I think I will have to change it over to test if its a hardware or software problem

duoduo
22-03-17, 23:50
Got it myself the other day on my solo 4k but not happened since.

invisiblelayer
23-03-17, 19:30
get this on my miraclebox micro, but noticed only channel 4?? every half hour to an hour or so, split second pause. Picked up on it the last few days never had before so the new image? Done an update just so going to test tonight that channel hopefully get a chance. If still there will flash old image as only intrested in live sat/cable, no boxes even used for pausing or recording so doubt i'll miss much in updates

DaMacFunkin
23-03-17, 20:27
Mine is running to Panasonic TV via denon receiver all via hdmi. Seems to happen Mainly on itv but that might just be what is watched mainly

There are many HDMI 2.0 devices on the market that reportedly have random audio drop outs, search the many forums for them you will see, i own three different devices, the common theme in most of the complaints is Denon / Marantz.

gerinemo
23-03-17, 22:07
Sadly in my case there is no amp involved
Just a straight HDMI cable from the duo2 directly to my toshiba tv :-(