PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4K] Kodi not playing files stored on Nas drive

jemalm
22-03-17, 10:14
Hi,

My apologies if this has been asked/answered before.

I have set up the Kodi addon on my Uno4k and I have used smb to connect to my Nas drive (this is where all my content is based) and although it populates all my TV shows/Movies when I try to play any of them nothing happens! The info bar appear at the bottom with all the relevant info except no times are indicated just 0's.

Any help or suggestions as ever will be greatly appreciated.
J

twol
22-03-17, 10:27
Had same issue, (but on HD5), plays direct from the NAS UPnP server but Smb/NFS mounted NAS movies wouldn,t play (although as you have said) setup movie library fine.
Tried also mounting in ViX, but didn,t make any difference.

Trial
22-03-17, 16:36
Hi,
I think the problem is still that you mounted directly in Kodi. Mount in Enigma2 your external media drives and then go through /media in Kodi. The internal play is not able to play something like smb:// or nfs:// which Kodi uses for external files.

ciao

jemalm
22-03-17, 23:07
Hi Trial,

You was correct took your advice and now works perfectly :)

Thanks for your help

jemalm
23-03-17, 00:15
One other thing I have now noticed is that I can't get the NBC Sports addon to play. I have installed it successfully and I have updated my DNS server and I've also logged in using my account by when I go to play a match replay I get a black screen with the info bar again! So is it not possible to use this addon then?

Thanks
J

Sicilian
23-03-17, 06:43
One other thing I have now noticed is that I can't get the NBC Sports addon to play. I have installed it successfully and I have updated my DNS server and I've also logged in using my account by when I go to play a match replay I get a black screen with the info bar again! So is it not possible to use this addon then?

Thanks
J

Becareful where this goes, no discussion about illegal streaming addons please.

Forum rules are going to be updated soon to reflect this.

jemalm
23-03-17, 08:31
Hi Sicilian,

NBC Sports is a legal app and can only be used with a genuine registered login which I have, I use this on my Apple Tv but was hoping I could get it working on Kodi so I could br the ATV.

Thanks
J