PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Streaming from one Vix receiver to another.

machare
21-03-17, 23:53
What is the best way to stream from one Vix receiver to another using an IP connection?

abu baniaz
22-03-17, 00:06
Provided they are on the same home network, install the channel importer plugin and use that. It will import bouquets and EPG for you and also configure the fallback tuner.

Bangord30
22-03-17, 08:51
Agreed. Works really well for me over homeplugs.

twol
22-03-17, 09:12
Great plugin, does everything in one go that in the past took me about 3 or 4 tasks to achieve the same result.

Bangord30
22-03-17, 09:20
My fallback receiver also seems faster with it just being barebones too. No EPG setup, ABM, tuners, etc.

machare
22-03-17, 12:43
Provided they are on the same home network, install the channel importer plugin and use that. It will import bouquets and EPG for you and also configure the fallback tuner.Thank you for your quick reply.:)

Am I right in thinking that the Plugin goes to the fallback remote receiver when a channel is not available on the local receiver? It appears to work with the dynamic DNS name of my router with appropriate obscure port forwarding. I presume the URL for the fallback receiver is not in the bouquet. (unlike an earlier method)