PDA

View Full Version : EPG advice

morph1963
21-03-17, 21:21
Hi Folks, what setup are you using for EPG? I am using crossepg for sat and epgrefresh for cable not entirely happy with it:rolleyes:

duoduo
21-03-17, 21:24
They were work perfectly well for me, what's your gripe?

Bangord30
22-03-17, 09:37
Yeah it's the best you'll get really. I sometimes notice discrepancies between sky and cable listings mind you.

morph1963
22-03-17, 18:02
Its the epg cable not populating, I can live with it just wondered if anyone had better, I am trying epg import which for now is better on both but probabl end up going back to original set up

abu baniaz
22-03-17, 18:12
Maybe you overlooked something/made a small error. As you have not posted what you have done/not done, unlikely anyone can help you pinpoint the solution.

People who post details what guides they followed and exact steps taken and post screenshots/details of settings used, follow advice, answer queries, normally get their solution quickly.

abu baniaz
22-03-17, 18:36
Here is a guide
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40457-Using-EPG-Refresh-plugin-to-obtain-the-epg-off-the-stream

There is only 5 days worth of EPG data on the stream

If you are using EPG importer, best to disable the Virgin EPG reader in the image. Also, Jenseneverest scrapes/hosts two weeks worth of EPG data.

kokojnr
25-03-17, 09:33
I find that Rytec virgin uk EPG, populates both Sat and Cable.
I use it occasionally when EPGrefresh didn't work

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
25-03-17, 11:46
Don't forget Sky uses a dynamic epg and can update or change epg information on the fly, Virgin can not to that as EPG updates are usually done between 0:00 and 6:00. (plus VM are not as on the ball when it comes to stuff like this).