PDA

View Full Version : Problems playing video files

MysteryMan
21-03-17, 15:42
I have a Vu+ Solo2m running OpenVix and am getting confused trying to play video files.

Sometimes they are fine, but, I have some at the moment causing problems.

I downloaded some .mkv files from web, FTP'd them to the Vu+ box and then tried to play. However, there was no picture or sound. The subtitles were there, though!

I can play files on PC file and the picture, sound and subtiitles, which are embedded, all work fine.

I have converted the files to .AVI files and when they are played on Vu+ the sound and picture are fine, but, the subtitles are missing!

Can anyone explain what the best way would be for me to be able to play the files with picture, sound and subtitles all working, please?

Thanks

obo110x
21-03-17, 19:14
I'm no expert but I think you would have to convert them to .TS format using tsmuxer or similar. Also try changing the refresh rate on the box, if it's set to multi try changing it to 50Mhz.

Andy_Hazza
21-03-17, 19:19
Multi is the best refresh rate to set. Try using tsMuxeR to convert to .m2ts, always works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MysteryMan
21-03-17, 19:50
Thanks. That looks a useful app but, unfortunately, it didn't recognise the subtitles within my .mkv files.

I've found a way round it - not very elegant, but, works!

Trial
22-03-17, 16:39
Hi,
use the PC tool MediaInfo to look what audio/video codec is used for the mkv. mkv is only a container and can contain ancient and very modern codecs which the box might know or not. CFor instance your box cannot handle the modern h265 and I suspect this was used in your file.

ciao

MysteryMan
23-03-17, 11:34
Hi,
use the PC tool MediaInfo to look what audio/video codec is used for the mkv. mkv is only a container and can contain ancient and very modern codecs which the box might know or not. CFor instance your box cannot handle the modern h265 and I suspect this was used in your file.

ciao

Thanks. I downloaded and ran Mediainfo and it came up with this.....

ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 1 h 9 min
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Writing library : x265 1.5:[Windows][GCC 4.9.0][64 bit]

Assuming this is an incompatible format, do you know of a good, free tool that will convert to a format that the Vu+ will play and that preserves the subtitles?

Andy_Hazza
23-03-17, 11:52
Yeah the Vu+ Solo2 can't handle H265 HEVC container format.

MysteryMan
23-03-17, 12:24
Yeah the Vu+ Solo2 can't handle H265 HEVC container format.

Thanks....any suggestion for app that will convert and keep subtitles?

MysteryMan
23-03-17, 15:20
Thanks....any suggestion for app that will convert and keep subtitles?

I have used a program called Vidcoder and this has worked fine :thumbsup: