PDA

View Full Version : Network failure

steford
16-01-11, 10:05
All has been well on my Duo since buying it 6 months ago. Yesterday CCCam unexpectedly gave ping alerts and so I reset the CAM, which failed to fix the issue, then rebooted the box which did the trick. Last night I got new alerts and this time noticed the network interface on the box was not responding. The test tool on the box shows LAN Connection as OK but Local, IP address etc all fail. I am using fixed IP address. Have changed cables, restarted router, changed port on router, changed IP address and DNS, rebooted etc all without success. I did get 1 green screen as I moved between test options on 1 occasion. Router port shows no cable connected. I have now run out of ideas and fear an internal connection issue. Is there anything else I can do diagnostics wise bearing in mind I can't telnet to the box?

I'm reluctant to reflash as I will lose all settings and if the issue isn't fixed with the reflash then I'll not be able to download. I do have hardware CAMS and cards for the footy at 16:10 today which I really want to watch but I'm reluctant to be faffing around all day and to then miss that. Any ideas before I return the box - which hopefully it won't come to?

Thanks in advance.

silverfox0786
16-01-11, 10:08
try enabling DHCP

you can back up setting and the image to hdd if need be and it only takes a few mins at a time to backup and relash from backup if new flash dont go well

i personally think it a router issue

steford
16-01-11, 10:21
OK so I try DHCP to see if that kicks things into life. Then a full backup. Then reflash VIX1.3 and use backup should I need to revert to a better, but non networked, image. Router is fine for all other traffic and has been fine with the Duo since getting it. Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Removed IP/MAC binding on the router and rebooted the box once more and the network I/F is back up thankfully. Kicking my son off XBOX in a mo to investigate further.

steford
16-01-11, 13:19
On closer inspection I see no MAC address via the webinterface for eth0 and telnetting in and doing an ifconfig gives a different IP address but a MAC address is present.

For now all is working (without binding) but the networking suddenly looks slightly flaky to me unless the above is normal behaviour for the box.