PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got one yet, first impressions

bucketandsuz
20-03-17, 10:01
Evening all,

Just a question to ye all,
looking for opinions of the TM-Twin 4k. has anyone invested yet.

I understand it's new and with all new receivers there are initial teeth problems.
how does VIX run on this. any know issues.

Just looking for opinions really, very good spec for cost i think.

thanks in advance

Sicilian
20-03-17, 10:14
Great spec compact receiver, new on the market.

Couple of small driver issues that should be resolved shortly.

Openmultiboot will be in next release build 5.0.005, Transcoding and Kodi coming soon too.

I can't really find any negatives about it compared to other 4k boxes in this price range.

john doe
20-03-17, 10:26
never had a technomate, but personally I would get the octagon sf4008 (slightly cheaper). just to be aware if you plan to use 4k, then check your tv has a HDMI 2.0. although 4k looks really good in 1080p/i

bucketandsuz
20-03-17, 11:28
thanks for the info, and the reply's

very interested in getting this receiver, technomate was the first receiver we have 10 or so years ago and it still works to receiver the FTA channels.

I also think octagon is a great receiver, never taught of it to be honest.. God dam it so many good receivers out at moment. hard to make a decision

rajigagi
20-03-17, 13:47
Hi All :) I too am interested in this new box and previously have been watching the Octagon equivalent - OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuners 1x Satellite DVB-S/S2/S2X since before Christmas, but decided to hold off whilst the support and teething troubles were being worked on.
I would also be very interested in hearing feedback from those who've took the plunge and purchased this box and to see how it compares to the Octagon SF4008 since Sicilian says that the TM-Twin 4K actually have a newer spec CPU, already has OpenATV and OpenViX images and OpenPLi based 4D image, plus the next OpenViX build will have OpenMultiboot on the TM-Twin 4K and Kodi will also be available in the future.
Thanks in advance for any info/feedback guys :cool:

john doe
20-03-17, 14:03
Hi All :) I too am interested in this new box and previously have been watching the Octagon equivalent - OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuners 1x Satellite DVB-S/S2/S2X since before Christmas, but decided to hold off whilst the support and teething troubles were being worked on.
I would also be very interested in hearing feedback from those who've took the plunge and purchased this box and to see how it compares to the Octagon SF4008 since Sicilian says that the TM-Twin 4K actually have a newer spec CPU, already has OpenATV and OpenViX images and OpenPLi based 4D image, plus the next OpenViX build will have OpenMultiboot on the TM-Twin 4K and Kodi will also be available in the future.
Thanks in advance for any info/feedback guys :cool:

there been no teething issues with the octagon sf4008. the box runs fine and a fantastic box on openvix

TheBeast
20-03-17, 23:17
Hi all. I'm very close to ordering the Technomate TM-Twin 4K Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR TRIPLE TUNER Combo 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C Receiver. As it stands I can't find any reasons to go for another box, unless somebody can convince me otherwise of course! :D
The nearest rival I can think of is the Octagon SF4008 but it seems to me the Technomate offers better specs for the same amount of £'s. Any thoughts?

What I'm especially intrigued about is the PIP (=Picture-In-Picture) the TM seems to offer. Has anybody tried this yet? I will most likely run OpenVIX and was curios if this feature will be supported please?

bucketandsuz
20-03-17, 23:46
glad to see that i'm not the only one very curious about this receiver, yes it looks like the tm-twin-4k is a slightly better spec tan the octagon.

does the mutant hd51 compare to either of these, looks similar spec an again price, but the technomate has twice the memory. other than that to my inexperience eyes they look the same.

maybe the tuners are the main differance..

Hannaman
20-03-17, 23:48
I'd love to see how the sd upscaler works. But for the price this box looks great.

bally12345
20-03-17, 23:54
Just had a quick look and at that price its tempting. Just such an ugly box and remote. Does this have external ir?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TheBeast
20-03-17, 23:54
glad to see that i'm not the only one very curious about this receiver, yes it looks like the tm-twin-4k is a slightly better spec tan the octagon.

does the mutant hd51 compare to either of these, looks similar spec an again price, but the technomate has twice the memory. other than that to my inexperience eyes they look the same.

maybe the tuners are the main differance..

You are definitely not alone. I suspect this box will become a top seller.

I think the downside of the hd51 (if you require this option that is..) is that it doesn't offer the option of having 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C. I think you can only have a max of 2 tuners (unlike the 3 in the TM triple model (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/technomate-tm-twin-4k-s2c)).

Flyingpig
21-03-17, 00:16
What can you get that is 4k though? As far as I can see there is only 2 channels on 28 east which are both test channels - i can see these on my TV, but that is by using hte sat tuner in my TV and not my box (which isnt 4k).

Andy_Hazza
21-03-17, 06:33
Just bear in mind with any new 4K receiver (ARM cpu), you can only use Oscam or (Ncam) for your Softcam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
21-03-17, 06:58
Personally I like the look of the black brushed aluminium front panel :)

twol
21-03-17, 08:03
You are definitely not alone. I suspect this box will become a top seller.

I think the downside of the hd51 (if you require this option that is..) is that it doesn't offer the option of having 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C. I think you can only have a max of 2 tuners (unlike the 3 in the TM triple model (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/technomate-tm-twin-4k-s2c)).

Mut@nt HD51: good 4K spec, has true multiboot (not a plugin that has to be fixed), offers Kodi 17 NOW. Poor remote. Solid drivers and support. 2 tuners.
Octagon SF4008: good 4K spec, better remote, promises Kodi and other goodies., upto 3 tuners DB2-SX.
Multiboot plugin working again.
Good support .....
TM-twin: offers 4K chip from same chip family as the other 2 boxes (and announced at same time) with slightly better performance and memory access. Should have working multiboot plugin.
3 tuners, promises ... like Octagon, could be best box since sliced bread but lets see
:)
O

Sicilian
21-03-17, 08:35
Two drivers issues I know of that have been confirmed and being worked on as I type this.

1) Channel zapping needed a little speeding up, already fixed in drivers i'm testing.
2) Switching from 720 skin to 1080 skin causing a kernel crash and needs a power cycle.

Both the above will be fixed very soon, can't think of anything else :)

TheBeast
21-03-17, 08:44
What can you get that is 4k though? As far as I can see there is only 2 channels on 28 east which are both test channels - i can see these on my TV, but that is by using hte sat tuner in my TV and not my box (which isnt 4k).

That is a very fair point and I do agree that 4K is not necessary as of yet. VM in future perhaps..?
Thing is, I'm upgrading my trusty old Edision OSmini. She served me very well but it only has one DVB-C tuner. As I have not seen an alternative receiver with 2 DVB-C tuners and 1 DVB-S2 in the same price bracket with the same CPU performance compared to the TM 4K Triple, I thought I might as well..
So close to clicking that 'Checkout' button...

TheBeast
21-03-17, 08:48
Two drivers issues I know of that have been confirmed and being worked on as I type this.

1) Channel zapping needed a little speeding up, already fixed in drivers i'm testing.
2) Switching from 720 skin to 1080 skin causing a kernel crash and needs a power cycle.

Both the above will be fixed very soon, can't think of anything else :)

Thanks for that Sicilian. Nice to see all the support for this new box. Would you happen to know if PIP (Picture-In-Picture) works OK please?

Sicilian
21-03-17, 08:49
IIRC when i last checked it was working yes. I'll be next to TM Twin 4K again this evening and will check again.

Hannaman
21-03-17, 10:22
IIRC when i last checked it was working yes. I'll be next to TM Twin 4K again this evening and will check again.

Sicilian could you check the SD up scaling feature since you'll be having a look at this box please?

bucketandsuz
21-03-17, 10:26
everyone thanks for all the reply's, i made the assumption, incorrectly, that because no body had posted anything on the technomate that it maybe a bit of a let down, but what I'm understanding it appears to be a very solid, well priced box.

once the driver issue is sorted, I'd imagine that it has to potential be the best of the 3 receivers mentioned in this trend.

I've the gigablue quad myself the last 5 years, super solid box, love it and was just looking for something similar spec in today's market. For the spec and pricing of the TM-Twin-4k compared to the original pricing of the gigablue the TM-TWIN-4K is a steal.

Thanks again for all the feedback, i think i will be making a purchase the end of this week when payday comes around.

Sicilian
21-03-17, 10:29
Sicilian could you check the SD up scaling feature since you'll be having a look at this box please?

Sames as other 4K models, theres is some upscaling, but please do not expect 4K out of HD or SD.

robti
21-03-17, 10:30
Have a twin at the moment and what I really hate is no boot up from deep standby for timers, can anyone tell me is this box can wake up from deep standby for a timer recording ?

Thanks

Hannaman
21-03-17, 10:35
Not at all just interested to see if there is any improvement in SD since they have outlined the up-scaling capabilities.

Sicilian
21-03-17, 10:47
Not at all just interested to see if there is any improvement in SD since they have outlined the up-scaling capabilities.

Yes there is improvement, but no 4K receiver will give you 4K out of SD.

Sicilian
21-03-17, 10:47
Have a twin at the moment and what I really hate is no boot up from deep standby for timers, can anyone tell me is this box can wake up from deep standby for a timer recording ?

Thanks

Yes it can.

robti
21-03-17, 10:54
Yes it can.

Oh good, might be time to think about a new box then

bassethound
21-03-17, 11:14
Looks like a great box spec wise the only two things that put me off is no internal HDD and is as ugly as sin could be a great second/bedroom box

can you use a different brands remote Sicilian like you can on the octagan sf4008?

twol
21-03-17, 11:16
Looks like a great box spec wise the only two things that put me off is no internal HDD and is as ugly as sin could be a great second/bedroom box

can you use a different brands remote Sicilian like you can on the octagan sf4008?

Spec says "Internal 2.5” SATA3 Hard Disk Drive Support, 2x USB 3.0 Ports"

bassethound
21-03-17, 11:20
Spec says "Internal 2.5” SATA3 Hard Disk Drive Support, 2x USB 3.0 Ports"

your right i missed red the blurb my bad:smash:

Running Broadcom's latest CPU, the 1.7Ghz Dual Core lightning processor is 4x faster than the previous generation, making booting, channel changing and applications run a lot quicker! With the TM-TWIN 4K, you can watch satellite channels in glorious Ultra High-Definition (UHD) with HDR, 4K 2160p with Dolby Digital Plus to give you a superior audio experience. It’s also True 3D ready ensuring compatibility with future 3D formats. The latest USB 3.0 ports are up to 10x faster than the previous generation of USB 2.0, allowing you to read/write data a lot quicker.

It is an Open Embedded satellite receiver which has access to plenty of Third Party applications giving you a lot more features and plugins than a standard satellite receiver. Want to know what's happening on another channel at the same time? Now you can. With HD Picture-In-Picture (PIP), you can view 2 HD channels at the same time! The Gigabit Ethernet Port allows data to transfer up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet Ports allowing faster streaming, file transfers, downloading/uploading...and more!

Not leaving the Standard Definition (SD) channels behind, we’ve developed a built-in hardware 4K Upscaler to improve the picture quality of Standard Definition (SD) channels via the HDMI output, scaling the output to up to 4K resolution. You can use a USB Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or an internal 2.5" Hard Disk Drive to record all your favourite channels, listen to your music and watch a slideshow of your photos. Supporting the latest SATA-3 connection allowing up to 6Gb/s, twice as fast as SATA-2, hard drive performance has never been this fast (requires SATA-3 compatible HDD)! The advanced CPU allows you to record up to 7 channels at the same time (on two different Transponders). Eco-friendly with 1W standby power consumption.

zbluebirdz
21-03-17, 23:51
Is there a DVB-T2 tuner available for this receiver?

Sicilian
21-03-17, 23:58

Not yet no.

Sicilian
22-03-17, 09:16
New drivers will be in build 5.0.007 that speed up zapping speed :)

bally12345
22-03-17, 12:24
Does this have external ir? It looks like it does on the pic but no mention in description

Sicilian
22-03-17, 12:26
Does this have external ir? It looks like it does on the pic but no mention in description

Yes will be an optional extra.

robti
22-03-17, 12:42
Not yet no.

Do you think there might be in the future ?

Sicilian
22-03-17, 12:43
Do you think there might be in the future ?

In future models maybe, current are fixed tuners.

bally12345
22-03-17, 12:48
In future models maybe, current are fixed tuners.
Sorry I might be not looking hard enough is it optional extra on wos or do you mean the USB type you get from ebay?

twol
22-03-17, 14:01
Here comes my next Birthday present?

Talking of new 4K models, just been reading the spec on that legendary "ghost" machine GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K, which appears to be hitting European dealers in May (read June:) ) .. and is currently going into some of the E2 images, so truly looks as if it will arrive :)

Coming in at about 350 Euro, it looks a really good deal and with 4 PiP and other nice features, I am assuming uses same chipset as Vu+ Ultimo 4K (just doesn't say anywhere!).
Spec: (they say)
Fast processor with 2GB DDR4 RAM
4GB eMMC Flash
3" color display
5 x USB (1 front + 4 back) (2 x USB2.0 3 x USB 3.0)
2 x Ci
2x Smart Card
1 x HDMI in 2.0
1 x HDMI out 2.0
1 x e-SATA
Twin Tuner ( Full-Band Capture front end)
Demodalutor 8 x DVB-S2
1 x PnP tuner (DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T/T2/HEVC265)
optical
RS-232,
ethernet Gigabit LAN (RJ-45/1000Mbps)
1 x SD Card 2.0 Up to 25MByte/s
4 x PiP
2 x Audio PiP über BT (Bluetooth)
SAT>iP, Multiroom Server function upto 16 Clients

bassethound
22-03-17, 14:30
been on youtube since last may

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDY18tMxXdM

twol
22-03-17, 15:52
been on youtube since last may

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDY18tMxXdM

Which is why I said the legendary "ghost" machine ...... it actually may achieve life:):). And if they reallyget SAT>IP working for Arm on OE-A 4 then it might end up replacing my last ET8500.

garryboy
22-03-17, 15:56
I seen this advertised on a german SAT dealer when I was looking to by an SF4008 before WOS had them.

I Was waiting on an announcement from WOS about it but that was the last I seen of the "Ghost machine" [emoji23]

twol
22-03-17, 16:00
I seen this advertised on a german SAT dealer when I was looking to by an SF4008 before WOS had them.

I Was waiting on an announcement from WOS about it but that was the last I seen of the "Ghost machine" [emoji23]

Yep, the German dealers have had ads (but no price) for yonks, but now it is starting to look serious:)

boodykaka
22-03-17, 16:26
I was thinking of buying the OCTAGON SF4008 today until i noticed this thread, now i want to buy TM-Twin 4K , 1 question, when i buy will i choose openvix?

TheBeast
22-03-17, 16:39
Couldn't resist and ordered a triple (1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C) :)

Received her today and as there isn't much info on the net yet on this model, I thought I'd make a short unboxing video. I'm never sure how useful it is as it tends to show nothing more than what it says on the manufactures site, but hey ho, had a few spare minutes today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edOPU8oI6dM&feature=youtu.be

Sicilian
22-03-17, 16:40
New image will be built this evening with updated drivers.

Sicilian
23-03-17, 06:56
OpenViX 5.0.007 update uploading now. This contains updated drivers.

soussss
26-03-17, 20:13
hi
does this box has similar spec as the vu solo 4k ( memory/processor and so on....)
thanks

TheBeast
29-03-17, 21:10
Finally have the box set up. There was an issue with the first one I received (WOS sent another one).

First impression is that it is a rather fast receiver. Changing channels is very swift
Only have cable connected at the moment and the recording of one channel whilst watching another works without fail so far. This includes Time shift.
PIP works fine too.

I promised I would make a video when up and running, but to be fair it will only show the box using OpenVix which will show nothing new compared to other receivers I would argue (unless somebody would like to see it)..

Updated to version 5.0.008 and this seems stable.

rajigagi
30-03-17, 10:33
I promised I would make a video when up and running, but to be fair it will only show the box using OpenVix which will show nothing new compared to other receivers I would argue (unless somebody would like to see it)..

I would still like to see a video of it please :cool: as I'm still deliberating between this box and the Octagon SF4008 :confused:

bassethound
30-03-17, 11:16
The plug and play tuners on the SF4008 make it a winner for me you can make it a triple sat or triple cable box easly

john doe
30-03-17, 11:33
sf4008 all day long & for the price

TheBeast
30-03-17, 12:26
I would still like to see a video of it please :cool: as I'm still deliberating between this box and the Octagon SF4008 :confused:

OK, I'll see if I can make some time tomorrow.

soussss
31-03-17, 20:46
hi
i have read somewhere that it does get hot is this true ?
i need to upgrade asap from 6000 series .
any feedback will help thanks

soussss
03-04-17, 11:41
hi guys.
any video of this receiver yet ?

myboyrupert
04-04-17, 12:27
I had one for a very short time and it did get very hot and I had some other issues but I suspect it may have just been that particular receiver. I got an OS Mega for the time being (works perfectly with zero issues) but I may buy another Twin 4k (or the Octagon, not sure yet).

TheBeast
06-04-17, 08:30
Not had a chance to make a video yet.
Again, I don't really see the point as all it will end up being is a video about OpenVix.
Please let me know if I'm missing something...

Processor temp shows as being 60°C.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

soussss
13-04-17, 20:39
thanks for your reply
you may need to turn your heater off around the house when the box is on.
you need to return it back mate it not made for purpose . good job i got myself a dream dm900 a it dearer but worth it.

TheBeast
13-04-17, 20:54
Are you referring to the 60° in your reply soussss? This is a very normal operating temperature for a processor.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Sicilian
24-04-17, 05:32
thanks for your reply
you may need to turn your heater off around the house when the box is on.
you need to return it back mate it not made for purpose . good job i got myself a dream dm900 a it dearer but worth it.

Nonsense, I've actually tested the Twin-4K will all top air vents covered for over 1 week, does not get over 65deg. I've actually known some receivers to get warmer.

stinger2017
24-04-17, 19:31
mine runs at 62° but its not a serious issue i think normal tempt .

gadjit
06-05-17, 00:02
TM 4k out of stock @wos

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
06-05-17, 06:12
Not listed anywhere on WoS, which suggests to me they have stopped selling them. I'm only going on other receivers that are out of stock on WoS but still listed.

Mr Shabih Abbas
09-06-17, 13:57
Hi
I bought mine on May 22, 17. I used TM 5400 Cl+USB for nearly a decade. But specifications impressed me. I am going to have motorised dish for the new receiver as soon as I am familiar with its functions. In their Edmonton head office, I had seen its performance and believe me there is hell lot to learn before you fully enjoy it. So far I am going through the User's Manual, which is slightly an unfriendly tool as compared to TM's earlier publications, to learn its scope and dimensions. It has a lot to discover.

Sicilian
09-06-17, 15:32
Not listed anywhere on WoS, which suggests to me they have stopped selling them. I'm only going on other receivers that are out of stock on WoS but still listed.

Listed again here: http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/4k-uhd-digital-receivers

Darmeth
10-06-17, 18:55
My first Linux box! Running on a motorised dish, one cable, OpenVix loaded. No issues to report so far. I'm watching on a 720p plasma (!) but the picture is stunning, even on SD channels. I've recorded a few shows too with no issue. All in all, a fine piece of kit. 1-sec standby-to-on, channel switching is lighting fast. I'm impressed.

Mee®kat
14-06-17, 00:54
Hi guys, i have not been on in a while but i just spotted this box and thought i would come here to see if there was any reviews and i found this thread...5 stars

Anyway got a couple of questions if ok.. it looks great value and i think its just what i need, i,m not bothered about sky at all but the single sat tuner will be handy for foreign sky stuff which i assume will work alongside the catv tuner as long as i adapt the channel list and configure the tuners correctly?

Wanting box with a fast processor so this seems like a good choice, i,m also wondering if any 4k sport content has been tried on any box for that matter on ie 19.2.

I also noticed some people recommend another box here but advice would be great if i,m choosing the wrong one, the fixed cable tuner is fine as thats mostly what i will use it for which brings me to my last question= i noticed 2 inputs in the picture so does the cable tuner have a twin tuner inbuilt on the box.

Many thanks in advance

abu baniaz
14-06-17, 01:24
I watched FTA football on 42e in 4K.

The Twin 4K comes in two varieties, one of which is a twin Cable and single Sat. (Ignore number of DVB-C connections on twin cable tuners as they are internally split.) The pictures on the sponsor's site do not reflect the twin cable one properly, The RF out is not show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edOPU8oI6dM

Mee®kat
14-06-17, 01:32
I watched FTA football on 42e in 4K.

The Twin 4K comes in two varieties, one of which is a twin Cable and single Sat. (Ignore number of DVB-C connections on twin cable tuners as they are internally split.) The pictures on the sponsor's site do not reflect the twin cable one properly, The RF out is not show.

Thanks abu, i seen the loop out on the video on another post a member stuck up, wont be needing loop out anyway, i assume input 1 is sky and input 2 is catv internally split into 2 mate.

Thanks

Is this what you mean mate

http://www.dvbsky.net/Products_T330.html

abu baniaz
14-06-17, 02:52
Oops, same video that was posted earlier. My adblocking blocked the video.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that the SF4008, HD51 and Twin 4K use the same chipset. They are restricted to a maximum of 3 tuners. So you cannot add USB tuners if your total number of tuners has reached three. If this information is incorrect, please report the post and we can edit it.

Huevos
14-06-17, 17:47
Limit is 3 for internal tuners. USB tuners can be added to more than 3.

And then the tuners can be accessed individually, but not used at the same time (that is currently the case for the SF4008 anyway).

twol
14-06-17, 18:34
Limit is 3 for internal tuners. USB tuners can be added to more than 3.

And then the tuners can be accessed individually, but not used at the same time (that is currently the case for the SF4008 anyway).

Huevos, Octagon made a great play about supporting 8 virtual tuners for Satip, is this using the same interface for usb tuners or totally different?

Huevos
14-06-17, 18:42
Just using enigma2.

Iya
07-12-17, 21:19
Just ordered one from wos....arriving tomorrow...Will play over w/end and post initial thoughts later.

Hi....new to the forum....looks very helpful & friendly.

lnoton
08-12-17, 07:42
I bought from the rainforest. Had a replacements and returning both. They keep locking up, no matter what image I use.

Interestingly they also reduced the price each time. Now £37 cheaper since I've marked both orders as return.

Never has so many problems with a piece of hardware. And just to confirm I'm a tech junkie and work in tech. I know what I'm doing but these boxes don't work for me and my pretty standard hardware. Lg oled ysp-2700.

Sicilian
08-12-17, 08:13
I bought from the rainforest. Had a replacements and returning both. They keep locking up, no matter what image I use.

Interestingly they also reduced the price each time. Now £37 cheaper since I've marked both orders as return.

Never has so many problems with a piece of hardware. And just to confirm I'm a tech junkie and work in tech. I know what I'm doing but these boxes don't work for me and my pretty standard hardware. Lg oled ysp-2700.

I think you've been unlucky or something your setting up.

lnoton
08-12-17, 08:37
Agreed , could absolutely be my setup. But I have no other problems and nothing im willing to change.

Might look at some other models once this refund is processed.

Iya
08-12-17, 17:36
Just ordered one from wos....arriving tomorrow...Will play over w/end and post initial thoughts later.

Hi....new to the forum....looks very helpful & friendly.

Oh dear....tried flashing vix image and green front panel light just keeps flashing.....and flashing.......and....ZZZZZZzzzzzzz
I want the box to flash not the led.............

lnoton
08-12-17, 19:03
I had that with the shipped image on first restart.

Did it come up with the screen that said new firmware detected, press a button.

Think I'm gonna go vu or gigablue.

lnoton
08-12-17, 20:43
£40 cheaper from the big on line.

I'd avoid them and go with wos if you want one...clearly they are all being returned and price dropped to hope they stop being returned because of the mental 'bargain'

Iya
08-12-17, 22:19
I had that with the shipped image on first restart.

Did it come up with the screen that said new firmware detected, press a button.

Think I'm gonna go vu or gigablue.

No....it just blanked the screen then the flashing (LED) started. Worried that i'd brick it, I unplugged the usb stick and powered off. It stared up again...did a factory reset and it seems to be OK WITH THE EXCEPTION that it refuses to connect to my (wired) network.
I'm also trying to get my head round setting the box up with my Primesat motor..........and the "user manual"....errcchhhh!!!!!!

Sicilian
09-12-17, 08:45
"user manual"....errcchhhh!!!!!!

User manuals are pointless with any e2 receiver as users tend to use 3rd party images.

Make your your router has dhcp on and ensure the receiver has dhcp on.

lnoton
09-12-17, 22:54
And now they are ridiculously cheap. Cant just be me, they have loads of used for sale.

lnoton
09-12-17, 22:55
Think I'll order the 51 4k from here.