PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for buying combo receiver

boodykaka
20-03-17, 07:04
Looking for some advice please looking to buy a combo receiver what would be the best? at the moment i have a kryptview HD not 2 happy with the service, getting a dish installed soon (looking to take advantage of cable & sat if that's possible) I dont mind spending a little extra if needed, thanks guys

Sicilian
20-03-17, 07:08
How many tuners for each signal type do you require?

boodykaka
20-03-17, 07:52
I feel stupid now m8 should have researched lol how many would i need for both sat & cable

Sicilian
20-03-17, 07:53
I feel stupid now m8 should have researched lol how many would i need for both sat & cable

That depends on how much you watch and record.

DaMacFunkin
20-03-17, 11:04
Looking for some advice please looking to buy a combo receiver what would be the best? at the moment i have a kryptview HD not 2 happy with the service, getting a dish installed soon (looking to take advantage of cable & sat if that's possible) I dont mind spending a little extra if needed, thanks guys
I'm going to take you at your request for the best combo receiver -VU+ Ultimo 4K with FBC cable tuner, FBC satellite tuner and dual terrestrial tuner, that should give you about 20 tuners dude.

boodykaka
20-03-17, 12:23
Dont need terrestrial tuner as i have freeview play and tuner built in tv, just need cable and sat tuner its only for 1 tv , will have a look at the receiver you mentioned mate.thanks

stavo
20-03-17, 12:29
Get yourself a Muntant HD 51 sat & cable stb very good price from forum sponser and it outputs 4k

Regards
Stavo

boodykaka
21-03-17, 05:49
Thanks guys

imish
21-03-17, 11:46
Get yourself a Muntant HD 51 sat & cable stb very good price from forum sponser and it outputs 4k

Regards
Stavo

slight tangential question - is there a point in getting a 4K STB when the content is not-4K.

to upscale HD to 4K wouldn't a 4K TV be good enough?

twol
21-03-17, 12:03
slight tangential question - is there a point in getting a 4K STB when the content is not-4K.

to upscale HD to 4K wouldn't a 4K TV be good enough?

depends who is doing the upscaling :) some (?) TV manufacturer's are really ****, more interested in Marketing tweaks that really should be turned off

garryboy
21-03-17, 12:20
I can see your point. My 4k Tv does a great job of upscaling HD to 4k

However. May be with considering the performance aspect of the 4k boxes. More ram and faster processors. You would be future proofing from that aspect rather than the 4k side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boodykaka
22-03-17, 06:24
Another question guys, if i bought the mutant hd51 i could only use cable or sat not both at the same time?

Sicilian
22-03-17, 06:36
Another question guys, if i bought the mutant hd51 i could only use cable or sat not both at the same time?

HD51 support two tuners, you choose the tuner types that you require. See product options http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

Ashley69
22-03-17, 06:45

Yes. Can be configured together.

Andy_Hazza
22-03-17, 06:51

The Octagon SF4008 maybe a better option for you as it can have 3 tuners. So your setup with that could either be 2x Sat n 1x Cable or 1x Sat n 2x Cable.

boodykaka
22-03-17, 07:47
cheers "Andy_Hazza" this is the last question i promise lol sat dish recommendations, just the basic dish?

Andy_Hazza
22-03-17, 08:07
cheers "Andy_Hazza" this is the last question i promise lol sat dish recommendations, just the basic dish?

If just for 28.2 Sky UK Zone 1 dish will be fine with minimum Quad LNB I'd go for.

boodykaka
22-03-17, 11:01
Iam in Scotland think i need a zone 2 dish