PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Power Timer-Didn’t Wake up to Standby

bumperbee
18-03-17, 23:14
Hi Everyone, I had set the Power Timer to Deep Sleep and at a much later time to wakeup to Standby mode. But it is able to go to Deep Sleep and Wakeup to power-on but didn’t go to Standby mode. Please help. Thanks very much

Andy_Hazza
19-03-17, 08:04
Show pictures of your power timers. Use Webif and attach pictures here so we can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
19-03-17, 13:55
Hi Everyone, I had set the Power Timer to Deep Sleep and at a much later time to wakeup to Standby mode. But it is able to go to Deep Sleep and Wakeup to power-on but didn’t go to Standby mode.You're saying what it didn't do, not what it did do, so there are multiple possibilities left.

It didn't wake up at all
It did wake up, but didn't go to Standby.

Which actually happened?

bumperbee
19-03-17, 21:53
Hi Andy & Birdman
Thanks very much for the reply.
@Andy, please see attached if it’s what you ask for.
@Birdman, I mean it did wakeup but didn’t go to standby.
Best Regards

adm
19-03-17, 22:46
Hi Andy & Birdman
Thanks very much for the reply.
@Andy, please see attached if it’s what you ask for.
@Birdman, I mean it did wakeup but didn’t go to standby.
Best Regards

You need to display the power timer menu on the screen[1] and THEN use webif to capture the screen image.

[1] and open up the power timer that is causing the problem so that we can see the set-up you have selected.

birdman
20-03-17, 01:16
@Birdman, I mean it did wakeup but didn’t go to standby.Whether it will depends on whether the front-panel correctly sets the flag to indicate that it was woken up by a timer, and wakes up not-to-soon.
My MBTwin will fail the last test if it's been asleep too long.

Why do you want to wake it up to Standby?

bumperbee
20-03-17, 09:12
Hi Adm, when I open Webif in browser in my Pc, I could not find Power Timer setting. But I had managed to take a picture of the Power Timer setting on Tv screen using ScreenGrabber. Hope this is what you need to see and if it’s still not correct, please let me know and I will try again.
Hi Birdman, I may need to add new Timer recording and sometime setting.

birdman
20-03-17, 13:54
That Powertimer setting is telling the box to shutdown at 01:15 each night, then wakeup to standby at 04:00.
You could set two timers. One to shutdown and the other to wake-up to Standby and see whether that works..

But I still don't understand why you want to wake the box up to Standby.

abu baniaz
20-03-17, 13:58
Probably succumbed to the myth that EPG should be obtained at 04:00.

bumperbee
21-03-17, 03:18
@Birdman, I try and see. Thanks
@Abu, thanks for the info, any suggestion that I should try?

abu baniaz
21-03-17, 03:48
There is an urban myth that bouquets and EPG should be created/obtained at 04:00. Sky receivers do not even wake up until 06:00, I wouldn't do anything before this time. You get scenarios where people set the receiver to wake up, do the Bouquet/EPG and then go back to deep sleep and then wake up a few hours later. Surely it would be better to wake up fifteen minutes before the normal wake-up time and do the operations then? If you have a twin tuner receiver, the activities can go on in the background unless you are recording something.

Set whatever time suits your household/viewing activities.

As an example, if your receiver currently does the 04:00 EPG and goes to sleep/standby again and then wakes up later wakes up at 07:30, set it to wake up to standby at 07:15 and do the Bouquets and EPG then. We had ours set at 15:15, timed with the school run.

Sky 28.2 changes are usually Tuesday and Thursday, so no need for daily ABM runs in my opinion.

bumperbee
21-03-17, 08:58
Hi Abu, thanks for the advice!

bumperbee
21-03-17, 21:38
I had separated the timers and still the wakeup feature is at Switch-On and didn’t go to standby. Please advise!

birdman
22-03-17, 03:53
I had separated the timers and still the wakeup feature is at Switch-On and didn’t go to standby. Please advise!As I said, some hardware doesn't always set the indicators correctly for enigma2 to know that it should go to Standby after it has been woken up.
Why do you want it to go to Standby, rather than just be running?

bumperbee
22-03-17, 04:35
As I said, some hardware doesn't always set the indicators correctly for enigma2 to know that it should go to Standby after it has been woken up.
Why do you want it to go to Standby, rather than just be running?

It is because I am not watching any Tv show at that time. Thanks

birdman
22-03-17, 11:47
It is because I am not watching any Tv show at that time. ThanksIn terms of energy usage there's very little difference (if any) between On and Standby - the system is running for both.

So, if the box isn't indicating why it has been woken you could work around it by:

Set a Wake-up timer for 04:00.
Set a Go To Standby timer for 04:05.

bumperbee
22-03-17, 21:01
It’s about keeping the Stb at a cooler condition so I could use it longer.
I try again. Thanks

bumperbee
26-03-17, 01:41
It works now, thanks very much