PDA

View Full Version : Slow Channel Changing

silverblack
17-03-17, 11:47
Just got this box setup using the default Vix-Night HD skin no picons loaded.
Changing channel takes upto 5 seconds before the picture appears.My old OS Mini was quicker than this.
I even tried disabling the front LCD but still the same.I did notice the signal strength of the tuners is down to 62% compared to the 98% i had with the OS Mini could that be the problem ?
You can see when you change channel the A for tuner A is red as if searching for the signal before changing to white when the picture appears.

twol
17-03-17, 12:23
1) Your SNR should better than this:)
2) I started to say, do this, do that went upstairs to check on my ET8500 .... and behold you are correct it takes about 5 secs (and didn,t).
They changed the drivers 15 days ago, so will try the older drivers and see what happens ... will probably not be until tomorrow... have been concentrating on my other receivers recently:)
But you are correct, its taking a few seconds to lock onto the signal.
Will post back.......

silverblack
17-03-17, 12:38
1) Your SNR should better than this:)
2) I started to say, do this, do that went upstairs to check on my ET8500 .... and behold you are correct it takes about 5 secs (and didn,t).
They changed the drivers 15 days ago, so will try the older drivers and see what happens ... will probably not be until tomorrow... have been concentrating on my other receivers recently:)
But you are correct, its taking a few seconds to lock onto the signal.
Will post back.......

Cheers mate look forward to hearing your results as i thought this would be a nice upgrade from my OS Mini :nono: :D

twol
17-03-17, 14:46
Cheers mate look forward to hearing your results as i thought this would be a nice upgrade from my OS Mini :nono: :D

I love the box it has several facilities that i fully use ......eg a really good colour skinnable LCD, multiboot facility and 4 tuner capability ....... drivers i will check tomorrow :)

twol
18-03-17, 12:06
So rolled through a few ET8500 drivers and there is an issue.

If you want to use Filezilla then unpack the attached drivers.

Using a telnet connection e.g. Putty then
login: receiver IP address & root
init 4

then filezilla the unpacked files to /lib/modules/4.4.8/extra

then back to telnet and init 6 (reboot)

obviously if you flash again, you will have to repeat until issue fixed.

Sicilian
18-03-17, 12:12
I'll report to Xtrend.

Noticed if switching channels on same transponder, switching is fast and normal. Its when switching to different transponders.

twol
18-03-17, 12:15
I'll report to Xtrend.

Noticed if switching channels on same transponder, switching is fast and normal. Its when switching to different transponders.
see post in Dev section ....... :)

silverblack
18-03-17, 13:05
So rolled through a few ET8500 drivers and there is an issue.

If you want to use Filezilla then unpack the attached drivers.

Using a telnet connection e.g. Putty then
login: receiver IP address & root
init 4

then filezilla the unpacked files to /lib/modules/4.4.8/extra

then back to telnet and init 6 (reboot)

obviously if you flash again, you will have to repeat until issue fixed.

Cheers mate that's a lot better hopefully get a fix to the drivers somewhere down the line :thumbsup:

Sicilian
18-03-17, 13:30
Preparing a report now for Xtrend.

Sicilian
22-03-17, 08:22
New drivers in OpenViX build 5.0.006.

silverblack
22-03-17, 12:17
New drivers in OpenViX build 5.0.006.

Cheers updating now :thumbsup:

JonMMM
22-03-17, 15:39
How do we update?

silverblack
22-03-17, 17:27
If your on 4.0 software you have to couch flash or download from the Openvix website.
If 5.0 software just update through software update on the box.