PDA

View Full Version : Extra vuplus remote control

Alan Pee
14-01-11, 21:55
The OK button on my duo remote has stopped working because my little one smashed it on the floor. Can I get an extra remote to buy at the shop here?

silverfox0786
14-01-11, 22:07
speak to the sponsor he can get them

world-of-satellite.co.uk
16-01-11, 09:54
The OK button on my duo remote has stopped working because my little one smashed it on the floor. Can I get an extra remote to buy at the shop here?

We will have some stock of the VU+ Black remote during this week. Cost will be around £24.99.

Alan Pee
17-01-11, 19:27
That's fine. I will contact the shop to order next week then.

Braggster
18-01-11, 10:55
Is there any chance of getting hold of the white handset as i love the look of it being different lol

pooface
18-01-11, 12:18
Is there any chance of getting hold of the white handset as i love the look of it being different lol

Many people have asked for one, but as far as I know, no-one has been able to find one...

Only thing to suggest is to see if anyone would like to swap for your black one (assuming it's still working)

Braggster
18-01-11, 13:26
Many people have asked for one, but as far as I know, no-one has been able to find one...

Only thing to suggest is to see if anyone would like to swap for your black one (assuming it's still working)

Hi m8 i have the white one( working at mo) but its being put through it paces with the mrs and kids ie dont care about my stuff and keep dropping it on the laminate flooring!! there something loose inside the hand unit, probably shrapnel of a bit of loose plastic, nowt too serious at mo but you just never know when that day may come and finally lay MY WHITE remote to rest hence im looking for a spare white one as i prefare them to the black no idea why lol

pooface
18-01-11, 14:29
Hi m8 i have the white one( working at mo) but its being put through it paces with the mrs and kids ie dont care about my stuff and keep dropping it on the laminate flooring!! there something loose inside the hand unit, probably shrapnel of a bit of loose plastic, nowt too serious at mo but you just never know when that day may come and finally lay MY WHITE remote to rest hence im looking for a spare white one as i prefare them to the black no idea why lol

Know what you mean, I too prefer the white, as well as silverfox...

irishchris
18-01-11, 14:32
me too! funny thing was when the vu+ first came out people were on several forums complaining about the white and how the manufacturers could not have made a matching black one lol never could understand it then or now :)

bassethound
18-01-11, 14:33
my dogs keep chewing my remotes always keep a new one in reserve

i have bought some in the past from Germany but no luck with white remotes

irishchris
18-01-11, 14:39

lol i always wondered about your username - take it you have a few bassethounds then??

bassethound
18-01-11, 14:41
Yes 3 lovely slavering bassethounds LOL

irishchris
18-01-11, 14:45
lol have a labrador myself - he was a nightmare when he was indoors as a puppy! had no shoes left with him! or socks, couch, chairs, doors, clothes................................

Stanman
18-01-11, 15:01
Know what you mean, I too prefer the white, as well as silverfox...

You final come out about your felings for Silver poo?:D

pooface
18-01-11, 15:49
You final come out about your felings for Silver poo?:D

lmao, damn, our secrets out :lol3:

silverfox0786
18-01-11, 17:42
lmao, damn, our secrets out :lol3:

oh no :roflmao:

Braggster
23-01-11, 10:57
Just thought id say ive ordered a replacement remote from forum sponsor, look forward to receiving it ;-)

digidude
23-01-11, 11:42
the Vu+ duo i had, had a white remote, and i didnt like it, ill be getting another Duo at the end of march, can you specify a black remote when ordering?

the white one made me think of cheap chinese cloned stuff for the Wii lol

Sicilian
23-01-11, 11:43
New ones come with black remote as standard ;)

Braggster
26-01-11, 23:25
Just like to mention remote received from forum sponsor today, thanks for the quick delivery guys much appreciated and if anyone else needs one dont hesitate on getting one as it was a top knotch service

Larry-G
26-01-11, 23:42

lol you probably would not believe me but my greenwing macaws are absolute gits for chewing things like remotes. i came in the other day to find one of them upside down chewing on my 50 inch plasma telly. if i hadn't paid over 2 grand for him he'd be in a pie by now

charliesen
27-01-11, 01:26
the Vu+ duo i had, had a white remote, and i didnt like it, ill be getting another Duo at the end of march, can you specify a black remote when ordering?

the white one made me think of cheap chinese cloned stuff for the Wii lol

Digi the black ones aren't any better mate. Worst remote i've seen BUT they work

Sicilian
27-01-11, 06:47
Digi the black ones aren't any better mate. Worst remote i've seen BUT they work

He's reffering to the colour that he didn't like, what do you say worst remote? The look?

delahzo
30-01-11, 13:33
Was about to checkout, but the P&P at almost the same price as the remote put me off! Crazy price for P&P.
€29.13 for remote
€23.30 for P&P

world-of-satellite.co.uk
30-01-11, 14:36
Was about to checkout, but the P&P at almost the same price as the remote put me off! Crazy price for P&P.
€29.13 for remote
€23.30 for P&P

You must be from outside the UK, our homepage does state Customers outside of the UK please contact us prior to placing your orders.

If you check now, most countries have the correct shipping cost for the remote. Its a bit difficult to cover all weights and postage costs for all European and Worldwide postage costs outside of the UK.

Even yesterday we had a customer from Sweden place an order for a VU+ Remote, this customer paid £25GBP for shipping and never questioned it. We are not in the business of ripping customers off so we refunded the customer £16.05GBP without the customer even asking :) Find me another retailer who would do that ;)

delahzo
30-01-11, 14:44
You must be from outside the UK, out homepage does state Customers outside of the UK please contact us prior to placing your orders.

If you check now, most countries have the correct shipping cost for the remote. Its a bit difficult to cover all weights and postage costs for all European and Worldwide postage costs outside of the UK.

Even yesterday we had a customer from Sweden place an order for a VU+ Remote, this customer paid £25GBP for shipping and never questioned it. We are not in the business of ripping customers off so we refunded the customer £16.05GBP without the customer even asking :) Find me another retailer who would do that ;)

That's grand so it's just a bug in the P&P charges?
If so I'll go ahead and order, do I put in the comments about the P&P at checkout?
I'm only across the sea in little old Ireland. ;-)

Thanks

world-of-satellite.co.uk
30-01-11, 14:49
That's grand so it's just a bug in the P&P charges?
If so I'll go ahead and order, do I put in the comments about the P&P at checkout?
I'm only across the sea in little old Ireland. ;-)

Thanks

Shipping should be fine now, it should be £8.95. We use Royalmail Airsure to the ship the remotes accross Europe. Please pay in GBP and let paypal/credit card do the conversion.