PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo4K] EPG not loading from transponder/channel

Toja60
16-03-17, 10:30
edit.
I'm sorry, did just discover that it doesn't work on the 5.0.001 as it did before, so please delete this thread, will be back when I find out why.

Hi, since I installed 5.0.003 (both Ultimo4k and Duo2) no EPG data collects from transponder/sat-channels.
epg.dat is stored on the hdd.

I use only this way, no CrossEPG or other, only reading from outer space... (I'm sorry, doesn't know what to call it.)

I have rescanned channels, didn't help.

Deleted EPG and rebooted, changed to the "download"-channels I know work. I did only get 40 bytes of a epg.dat file...

So, I went back to 5.0.001, and then it works again.

I haven't made any clean flash since 5.0.002

Bug or other problem?

Toja60
16-03-17, 11:28
edit.
I'm sorry, did just discover that it doesn't work on the 5.0.001 as it did before, so please delete this thread, will be back when I find out why.

Hi, since I installed 5.0.003 (both Ultimo4k and Duo2) no EPG data collects from transponder/sat-channels.
epg.dat is stored on the hdd.

I use only this way, no CrossEPG or other, only reading from outer space... (I'm sorry, doesn't know what to call it.)

I have rescanned channels, didn't help.

Deleted EPG and rebooted, changed to the "download"-channels I know work. I did only get 40 bytes of a epg.dat file...

So, I went back to 5.0.001, and then it works again.

I haven't made any clean flash since 5.0.002

Bug or other problem?

Well, there is something wrong anyway... It's strange, but I think there are something with the EPG cache writing or similar.

I have made a clean flash (on my Duo2), however, it's now reading EPG from transponder/channel, BUT, it's only writes little a bit sometimes to
the epg.dat on hdd, and normally my epg.dat is around 3.3 Mbytes, now it is 256 Kbytes and still shows epg data for 7 days...

Maybe it was a temporary glitch with my provider, but still something fishy with storage to epg.dat.

Sorry for the edit's! :o

abu baniaz
16-03-17, 21:34
The epg.dat file is written when receiver is restarted/"deepstandby-ed" properly.