PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 Choose download plugins - message "Kernel has changed - Plugins are not compatible"

dmm
15-03-17, 20:14
Hi Folks
just flashed the image
when i try to download plugins

it says
message "Kernel has changed - Plugins are not compatible"
" Install latest image using USB Stick or Image Manager"

Ashley69
15-03-17, 21:56
What image and what box?

Tkr001
15-03-17, 22:14
From the headers Mut@nt hd51 and vix 5.0.002

Ashley69
15-03-17, 22:20
Must change these glasses. :sofahide:

mrxbox360
15-03-17, 23:05
My hd51 on vix5.0.2 is giving me the same message message "Kernel has changed - Plugins are not compatible"
" Install latest image using USB Stick or Image Manager"

and in the vixupdate site it states on later version available

dmm
15-03-17, 23:35
yes correct - Mut@nt hd51 and vix 5.0.002

garryboy
16-03-17, 08:00
I have this also.

Is it due to the preparation of 5.0.3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
16-03-17, 08:21
5.0.003 has been released, users will need to USB flash and restore settings at a minimum for HD51.

twol
16-03-17, 09:31
5.0.003 has been released, users will need to USB flash and restore settings at a minimum for HD51.

Worth putting out a msg so that hd51 users are aware? ..... Rossi/Huevos (?) changed things so this could be done I seem to remember

birdman
16-03-17, 09:44
Rossi/Huevos (?) changed things so this could be done I seem to rememberLogin to the Dev server and look in the directory that tells you not to delete it.

garryboy
16-03-17, 09:50
When I first got the message I checked openvix.co.uk and the latest image was 5.0.2

garryboy
16-03-17, 09:53
I see 5.0.3 is available now il download and flash.

Thanks

mrxbox360
16-03-17, 13:03
Im So pissed off right now...this mornng i had the flashing icon so i couched flashed my box, this has resulted in my box being stuck sayin HD51 4K on the front panel does anyone know to recover this box, have tried to flash by usb but it wont go into flashing mode.

garryboy
16-03-17, 13:09
Are you not aware that the HD51 or any of the arm CPU receivers should not be couch flashed.

Hopefully you have not damaged your box.

twol
16-03-17, 13:11
Regardless of couch flash.....
1) try USB flash with a FAT32 usb stick
2) ensure you pull off the power and then hold power button before you reattach the power lead :)
3) wait! wait for the box to reboot ...... it takes time, as it writes to the whole EMMC.

I am sure the HD51 receiver is fine ..... I do all sort of things (that you shouldn't do) to my boxes whilst testing new versions/changes ... they have all been fine :)

mrxbox360
16-03-17, 13:54
Update : Ive managed to flash the box by usb & its now running 5.0.003 :thumbsup: / i was genuinly not aware that the HD51 or any of the arm CPU receivers should not be couch flashed. Is there away this can be disabled in future builds for these models, The one thing that really pissed me off was as the box was bought from the forum suppliers a few months ago by a friend of the family who sold the box to me as he couldnt get to grips with it. The attutuide from the supplier was due to me not being the original purchaser GO AWAY WE ANT INTRESTED & ITS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY. im sure under the sale of goods act that states any goods sold as long as i have the original receipt that i should have been covered as it proves date of purchase / i was going to order over £300 of goods in the next few days for an order im doing soon, but due to the attuide of wos shop i will be taking my bussiness elseware in the future.

I would like to say a public big thanks to twol as he has helped me a few times on differnt matters Cheers m8 :cool:

world-of-satellite.co.uk
16-03-17, 14:26
Update : Ive managed to flash the box by usb & its now running 5.0.003 :thumbsup: / i was genuinly not aware that the HD51 or any of the arm CPU receivers should not be couch flashed. Is there away this can be disabled in future builds for these models, The one thing that really pissed me off was as the box was bought from the forum suppliers a few months ago by a friend of the family who sold the box to me as he couldnt get to grips with it. The attutuide from the supplier was due to me not being the original purchaser GO AWAY WE ANT INTRESTED & ITS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY. im sure under the sale of goods act that states any goods sold as long as i have the original receipt that i should have been covered as it proves date of purchase / i was going to order over £300 of goods in the next few days for an order im doing soon, but due to the attuide of wos shop i will be taking my bussiness elseware in the future.

I would like to say a public big thanks to twol as he has helped me a few times on differnt matters Cheers m8 :cool:

I personally took your call this morning and was very busy dealing with others customers in the warehouse, apologies if I came across not interested, that was not the case.

In cases like yours we ask all customers to open support tickets with full order details and we provide support in that way.

I've also checked OpenViX 5.0.003 and have no idea how you managed to couch flash using OpenViX as its disabled in OpenViX HD51 images, along with other arm based receivers, this is one of the reasons I asked you to open a support ticket so we could check what you where claiming.

Anyway apologies and happy to hear your receiver is up and running again.

Willmoore
16-03-17, 14:34
I personally took your call this morning and was very busy dealing with others customers in the warehouse, apologies if I came across not interested, that was not the case.

In cases like yours we ask all customers to open support tickets with full order details and we provide support in that way.

I've also checked OpenViX 5.0.003 and have no idea how you managed to couch flash using OpenViX as its disabled in OpenViX HD51 images, along with other arm based receivers, this is one of the reasons I asked you to open a support ticket so we could check what you where claiming.

Anyway apologies and happy to hear your receiver is up and running again.

Hi,
Could you clarify the point on transferable warranty. Boxes are often traded on here and the question often comes. If it's not transferable, perhaps the mods could add this as a sticky in the For Sale section to make it clear.

ronand
16-03-17, 15:43
Hi,
Could you clarify the point on transferable warranty. Boxes are often traded on here and the question often comes. If it's not transferable, perhaps the mods could add this as a sticky in the For Sale section to make it clear.

I think it is quite clear in the terms & conditions http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=5

As with most things only the original purchaser is entitled to a warranty. If a warranty is important then buy new.

garryboy
16-03-17, 15:48
@mrxbox360

Did you couch flash the box to 5.0.3 ie use download manager and then blue button to restore.

Or did you do an online software update.

As they are 2 different things

Andy_Hazza
16-03-17, 15:52
@mrxbox360

Did you couch flash the box to 5.0.3 ie use download manager and then blue button to restore.

Or did you do an online software update.

As they are 2 different things

He couldn't do an online update due to the Kernel change, so he usb flashed.

garryboy
16-03-17, 15:54
He couldn't do an online update due to the Kernel change, so he usb flashed.

Is the couch flash facility enbled on the HS51.

I have never tried as read not too.

Just someome mentioned it was disabled.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
16-03-17, 16:01
Hi,

It's clear in our terms and conditions http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=5

We've also taken legal advice regards warranty transfer. You'll find this is normal practice with most electronics retailers.

Andy_Hazza
16-03-17, 16:02
Should be disabled, but @Twol has reported it works with the OK button. I can't confirm as I don't have the HD51. If so, it will soon be disabled.

Sicilian
16-03-17, 16:59
Should be disabled, but @Twol has reported it works with the OK button. I can't confirm as I don't have the HD51. If so, it will soon be disabled.

Checking shortly pressing ok button.

garryboy
16-03-17, 19:08
Just checked pressing ok brings: confirmation to restore image with option yes or no

garryboy
16-03-17, 19:10
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170316/653aeb45d52c697aedef8e823a5b19cd.jpg

Sicilian
16-03-17, 19:30
We're looking into stopping this.

Andy_Hazza
16-03-17, 19:49
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170316/653aeb45d52c697aedef8e823a5b19cd.jpg