PDA

View Full Version : OpenVPN on Openvix 5 on Solo2

Biemchen25
15-03-17, 14:32
Hello,

if i install openvpn on solo2 there is no /etc/openvpn ? is there something changed in openvix 5.

on older firmware there will be /etc/openvpn

Can someone help me?

1taz
18-03-17, 08:53
Hi

You can use FTP to create the folder named openvpn yourself and copy your files into the folder. After a reboot it will work fine.

It's what I've done and it works perfectly

1taz

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Biemchen25
22-03-17, 22:48
Hi, i have try it before. i create the folder etc/openvpn and put my files in.
But after restart i tried to start openvpn but it dont work. Openvpn didnt start.
back to old version it work again.

did you use solo2 or another receiver?

1taz
25-03-17, 08:12
Hi

I have it working on duo2, using openvpn 5.07. Autostart is enabled and it works perfectly.

Are you using the latest firmware?

1taz

harryajh
25-03-17, 16:00
Hi

I have it working on duo2, using openvpn 5.07. Autostart is enabled and it works perfectly.

Are you using the latest firmware?

1taz

hi 1taz, just upgraded from 4.26 to 5.07 today - all seems good except OpenVpn (using PureVPN) will not start, debug logs are enabled but none ever appear in /home/root/logs so absolutely no idea what the problem is - I also have a Vu+ Duo2

To setup, I created openvpn directory in /etc, ftp'd ca.crt, Wdc.key and client.conf files, restarted box - have you any ideas please?

1taz
25-03-17, 17:29
I'm using PIA. I used to have purevpn but couldn't get it to work on enigma 2. In fact it was the main reason for ditching it and moving to PIA.

Best of luck with purevpn I wasted countless hours over many months without success. It also caused problems when I tried running it on my Asus router. Sorry I can't help other than recommend Private Internet Access I works perfectly.

1taz

harryajh
25-03-17, 18:12
ah well, worth a go, worked fine on 4.26, thanks anyway