PDA

View Full Version : Saving Epg No .DAT File

chuf
15-03-17, 11:15
Hi All

After saving my epg file I don't have any .dat file saved to my hard drive.
epg is downloading fine and working fine but no file saved, even when I have deleted the epg file and reloaded and then saved still no file.
Any ideas?
Tnks

Only reason I use this is to load to another box for epg.

ccs
15-03-17, 11:32
Obvious question: where are you saving epg.dat? Menu->Setup->System->EPG->Settings

chuf
15-03-17, 11:51
Obvious question: where are you saving epg.dat? Menu->Setup->System->EPG->Settings

Hi
Saved in /media/hdd

ive had the dat files before but can not see them on either boxes I have don't now if it was a change in something when I last updated to 4.2.30

Sicilian
15-03-17, 11:52
The .dat should be saved and appear when you reboot.

ccs
15-03-17, 11:53
Hi
Saved in /media/hdd

ive had the dat files before but can not see them on either boxes I have don't now if it was a change in something when I last updated to 4.2.30.... and what are you using to "see" epg.dat?

I think the default is to save every 24 hours (or reboot).

chuf
15-03-17, 11:56
.... and what are you using to "see" epg.dat?

Hi
Ftp in windows and then use Alt V, file explorer goto hdd and have all files listed apart from .dat file
Also rebooted box after save no difference?

chuf
15-03-17, 11:59
Also used DCC and no dat file in there........

chuf
15-03-17, 12:04
When i goto epg menu and you have a load save delete i do a save which i thought would save the dat file?
tried this with reboot as well, i have the epg save set to 8 hours.

chuf
15-03-17, 12:13
Ive also tried changing the epg save location to internal flash but still no file.

chuf
15-03-17, 13:11
Okay all sorted............
looked through logs and found for some reason even though epg was set to download to /media/hdd it was trying to save to a old mount on the network.
Removed old mount from list and now all working okay :p
Over & Out.............