PDA

View Full Version : VU+ How To Change Default Movie Location?

mixalis0209
14-03-17, 15:51
Can anyone help me please? All was OK with my box until a few days ago when it locked up and I had to turn off at the mains. Problem I have now is that I have the wrong Default Movie Location. It's set itself to /media/hdd/movie/ which I think is a small internal hard drive, but I want to record on my external hard drive which is /media/sda1/movie/ (location 4 in the movie path). I go to Set-Up/System/Recoding & Playback Settings, and the first item is the default movie location. It says press OK to add a new location, select left/right to select an existing location. The left/right does nothing (there are no other locations shown), and if I press OK I can't do anything in the next window either except "remove bookmark" which is /media/hdd/movie/. I think it's the bookmark I have to change to /media/sda1/movie/, but I can't seem to do anything other than delete the wrong one that's showing there. Also on display in this window is the Parent Directory, but I cannot get into it (?). Can anyone tell me how to make the necessary change please?
Many thanks, Regards Michael

ccs
14-03-17, 15:57
Can you see the external drive using the yellow location button when viewing the recorded programmes list?

Stanman
14-03-17, 17:01
In movies press menu add bookmark and then change it.

If your external HDD is mounted which it should be you can change it via location

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mixalis0209
14-03-17, 22:38
Yes I can.

mixalis0209
14-03-17, 22:39
Many thanks, I'll try that.

If your external HDD is mounted which it should be you can change it via location

mixalis0209
14-03-17, 22:49
Many thanks, I've managed to change it as per your advice :):) Kind Regards Michael

mixalis0209
14-03-17, 22:50
Have managed to change it now, thanks very much :). Kind Regards Michael

Can you see the external drive using the yellow location button when viewing the recorded programmes list?