PDA

View Full Version : HD51 and boxmode

twol
12-03-17, 20:55
I guess most people will not be aware of boxmode on the HD51, but for those that change it or use the default setup which is currently boxmode=12 to obtain PIP so they can see whats happening on the football (in PIP) whilst the wife watches TV .. things will change in the next build:)

WIth the introduction of Kodi, the default boxmode will be 1 (no PIP), so you will have to update the STARTUP file (boot/STARTUP) if you want PIP BUT NOT Kodi:)

If you want both, then you will have to get used to flip flopping the STARTUP file.

Willo3092
23-03-17, 23:26
I'd prefer to have PiP rather than Kodi but can't work out how to change the boxmode. Am I missing something obvious?
I tried to change the boxmode from 1 to 12 but it wouldn't boot.

Mart336
24-03-17, 04:24
I'd prefer to have PiP rather than Kodi but can't work out how to change the boxmode. Am I missing something obvious?
I tried to change the boxmode from 1 to 12 but it wouldn't boot.

Got exactly same problem. In VIX 5.0 boxmode 12 is not booting and no PIP function.
Somebody please tell how to solve this problem...

twol
24-03-17, 08:23
boxmode 1 or 12 should not prevent it booting. If it is not booting I would suggest a reflash.
If you use filezilla and ftp to the receiver
/boot/startup should contain the following file (unzipped)

So to change to boxmode 12,
Use Telnet, login and enter init 4
then edit using notepad or gedit and change the 1 at the end of the line to 12 and then ftp back to the receiver.
thern go back to the telnet session and enter init 6

On reboot you should have PiP

Mart336
24-03-17, 14:06
boxmode 1 or 12 should not prevent it booting. If it is not booting I would suggest a reflash.
If you use filezilla and ftp to the receiver
/boot/startup should contain the following file (unzipped)

So to change to boxmode 12,
Use Telnet, login and enter init 4
then edit using notepad or gedit and change the 1 at the end of the line to 12 and then ftp back to the receiver.
thern go back to the telnet session and enter init 6

On reboot you should have PiP

It won't boot after changing boxmode 12. Even if i installed latest VIX 5.0 about 3 minutes ago and not changed any settings.
This is only problem with this image at the moment, everything else is perfect.

HBBtv module is also missing but it's not so big problem.

twol
24-03-17, 14:09
OK, will play and see what I can see!:)

Willo3092
24-03-17, 14:10
It won't boot after changing boxmode 12. Even if i installed latest VIX 5 minutes ago and not changed any settings.
This is only problem with this image at the moment, everything else is perfect.

HBBtv module is also missing but it's not so big problem.

No luck here either. ViX 5.0.007

Willmoore
24-03-17, 15:07
There are 5 STARTUP files in the Boot folder - do you change all of them to 12 ?

twol
24-03-17, 16:24
There are 5 STARTUP files in the Boot folder - do you change all of them to 12 ?
No, and its a bit harder need to change some of the memory (?) fields..... give me a day to play .... I need to prepare dinner .......
... will hopefully fix and feedback tomorrow:)

twol
24-03-17, 17:19
OK, attached is a zip with 2 files "STARTUP Kodi" and "STARTUP PiP"
Depending on whether you want Kodi or PiP, you take the appropiate file, rename to "STARTUP" and copy to Boot/STARTUP :)
Its much easier with software, but for straight OpenViX you need to do this the hard way :)

Hopefully enjoy, just don't try Kodi and PiP :)

mrxbox360
24-03-17, 18:54
OK, attached is a zip with 2 files "STARTUP Kodi" and "STARTUP PiP"
Depending on whether you want Kodi or PiP, you take the appropiate file, rename to "STARTUP" and copy to Boot/STARTUP :)
Its much easier with software, but for straight OpenViX you need to do this the hard way :)

Hopefully enjoy, just don't try Kodi and PiP :)

Cheers m8 just done mine to pip & its working perfect ;)

Mart336
24-03-17, 21:16
Fantastic, Thank You!

Willo3092
24-03-17, 21:56
Yes, working great thank you.

Mart336
27-03-17, 14:16
I can't find a option how to change PIP channel. In PLI or HDF images got this option.
Can somebody tell me secret or it's not possible in VIX 5.0 ?

twol
27-03-17, 14:39
Well having played ... I have this on my HD51 (haven't tried teh SF4008)
Short blue brings up extensions, and provides option to Enable/Disable PiP.
If you hit blue have both active service and PiP the same.
If you change channel/service then you have new active channel and PiP with old service.
If you then short blue and then Yellow button, you switch Active channel and PiP.

Keeping the Active channel and changing PiP, I haven,t found:)