PDA

View Full Version : What is eating my HDD space?

ljmramst
12-03-17, 18:42
Hi all.
If you've seen my other post you'll know I'm struggling with an epg problem.
That means I've not yet used the box for any recordings, apart from one to check that the feature worked.

My other issue is the use of HDD space, I've just clicked on PVR now to check and it stands at 32% remaining. What's happening?
The only way to get it all back is to completely cut power to the box.

It's a 500gb drive, installed at purchase. I followed instructions for initialise and checked in vix / mount manager, it's mounted as: /media/hdd and ext4 R/W.
I set up swap file, menu/setup/vix/swap manager, select media/hdd, create swap file 256 mb. Activate, autostart and exit.

That's all I've done apart from trying to set up my epg's as explained in the other thread.

Elsewhere I've seen suggestions turning off 'timeshift' may cure this, others say not. Still, not an ideal solution and anyway what's going to happen to that space when I do start making recordings?
Any help or suggestions gratefully received, thanks.

Andy_Hazza
12-03-17, 18:46
A swap file on the OS Mega. Seriously? Thats doing more harm than good I tell ya. Best thing to do is start a fresh. Setup as new. And without a SWAP FILE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljmramst
12-03-17, 19:41
Thanks Andy, as you can probably tell from this and my other thread I'm new to this and trying to learn by following instructions on forums, threads and videos all over the place.
I'm getting close but not quite there yet, appreciate the advice.

Andy_Hazza
12-03-17, 19:50
Just take your time. It will seem daunting but you'll slowly get there. We've all been there. Anything you need to know, just shout up, and we'll try and guide you. [emoji4]

ccs
12-03-17, 19:53
I you're familiar with telnet, the command

find /media/hdd -type f -size +50000k -exec ls -lh {} \;

may tell you what's eating up your hdd.

kokojnr
12-03-17, 22:02
This seems to be an "initial problem" with EDISION OS MEGA because i had exactly the same issue within a week of my purchase.
It seems like the receiver somehow struggles to correctly read the available HDD space

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

1999gtv
12-03-17, 23:09
Mine did the same initially I found going into setup/system/storage devices and running filesystem check sorted it eventually.

speedygonzalez
13-03-17, 03:18
I am having exactly the same problem as the OP with my OS Mega. I bought it with a 1TB hdd from WoS a couple of weeks ago. I was not looking for the problem, but it was hard not to notice when hdd free space went from 99% to 33% after leaving it on for a few days, with just a few recordings.

I have found that:
1) huge hdd space loss will occur: a) with timeshift on, or b) when recording, or c) pausing a programme with the remote control even if timeshift has been switched off and no recording is on
2) directing timeshift or swap directories to a 16GB usb stick formatted in ext4 had no effect on rapid space loss; examining files/directories in the usb stick indicated that the redirections did work
3) reinitialising the hdd, again to ext4, has no effect
4) disabling swap, as Andy suggested above, has no effect
5) if timeshift is off, no recording is on, and I do not touch the pause button, i.e. just keeping the box on, it is fine and free disc space stays constant, for OpenVix 5.0.002 anyway
6) puttying 'ls -alR' on the hdd shows no file size that can explain the hdd space loss
7) puttying 'ls -alR | more' from root shows nothing of significant size either, except kcore in ./proc which is ~2GB
8) Recorded file sizes seem normal
9) running filesystem check (fsck) on the hdd, or restarting the box, are effective to return the lost space in full, but do not fix the problem

It would therefore seem timeshifting, recording or pausing a programme leaves huge orphan hdd space. Because it is not visible by 'ls -a' but is dealt with by fsck, it might be a system software issue? Help!

Cheers!

birdman
13-03-17, 05:31
A swap file on the OS Mega. Seriously? Thats doing more harm than good I tell ya. How can it do harm?
If you aren't running out of physical memory it won't be used, so won't be a problem. If you are running out of memory then you have a problem anyway.

Andy_Hazza
13-03-17, 06:04
Harm in SLOWING the receiver down.

ljmramst
13-03-17, 11:58
Mine did the same initially I found going into setup/system/storage devices and running filesystem check sorted it eventually.
Tried doing that and I get the message Error:umount: can't unmount/media/hdd: Device or resource busy

speedygonzalez
13-03-17, 13:14
Tried doing that and I get the message Error:umount: can't unmount/media/hdd: Device or resource busy

I was able to do a filesystem check on the hdd by ensuring a) swap file and timeshift directories were pointing to a mounted USB stick in ext4, and b) no programme recording was on. But there is no point in going through all the trouble - the problem of hdd space loss remains after the filesystem check in my experience, all it did was to reclaim the lost space until it gets gobbled up again through box use, and you can reclaim lost space easier by a restart.

Sorry I have never been here before so please forgive my ignorance, would somebody associated with WoS/Edision be exploring and addressing the issue now?

1999gtv
13-03-17, 17:05
I have 2 folders on my hdd one named movie and another called timeshift and my recording path is media/hdd/movie, timeshift path is media/hdd/timeshift. This seems to differ from other peoples path and I wonder if this has any effect on my results. My hdd is correctly reported as approx 300 gb it is a 320 gb but once space for filesystem is taken into account 300gb is about right. Last night I recorded 2 programmes about 2 hours or so of hd and space dropped by 8gb. Wife watched first programme and deleted it and space went back up by 4gb again about right. Also as mentioned this was not happening before I ran fsck instead I had errors only showing 32 % of space, since running fsck 5 days ago no errors at all. Also I have not updated to Vix 5 yet and I am still on 4.2.030 if this has any bearing on results.

speedygonzalez
13-03-17, 19:23
I have 2 folders on my hdd one named movie and another called timeshift and my recording path is media/hdd/movie, timeshift path is media/hdd/timeshift. This seems to differ from other peoples path and I wonder if this has any effect on my results. My hdd is correctly reported as approx 300 gb it is a 320 gb but once space for filesystem is taken into account 300gb is about right. Last night I recorded 2 programmes about 2 hours or so of hd and space dropped by 8gb. Wife watched first programme and deleted it and space went back up by 4gb again about right. Also as mentioned this was not happening before I ran fsck instead I had errors only showing 32 % of space, since running fsck 5 days ago no errors at all. Also I have not updated to Vix 5 yet and I am still on 4.2.030 if this has any bearing on results.

I was on 4.2.030, and had/have the same movie and timeshift directory structure as you do.

I wonder if you still have timeshift on (because I think it can increase the rate of hdd space loss dramatically), and I also wonder if you are still losing hdd space. To test the second conjecture, you could:
1) jot down the size of disc free space in Menu / Information / Device
2) observe the size of a sizeable recording that is to be deleted, either by looking up the size of a relevant .ts* file in hdd/movie/ using Filezilla, or through the Info button when pointing at the .ts file using the Dream-Explorer PlugIn under Menu / PlugIns.
3) delete the recording from Planner
4) wait 15 minutes, because it takes a few minutes for the system to release deleted file space
5) observe the size of disc free space again in Menu / Information / Device. If the difference is well accounted for by the file size observed in step 2, then you obviously have no disc space loss issue. Otherwise, you probably have.
6) You can further establish the extent of disc space loss by a Menu / Standby and Restart / Restart. If the disc freespace after the restart is more than what you have found in step 5, then again you are likely to have the disc freespace loss issue.

Cheers!

* the size of all the other files with the same name are tiny in comparison

1999gtv
13-03-17, 19:31
Mine is fine and everything works as it should now, I was curious if the OP had the same structure on his hdd as mine and if not why are the folders not present.

ljmramst
13-03-17, 20:25
Appreciate all the advice, thanks to speedygonzal for your posts and trying out all that, telnet & using PuTTY is all new to me and I haven't quite got my head round it yet, so while it might not have been a success it saved me a lot of trial & error.
Filezilla is also new to me but I've been trying to learn and I'm going to try and follow what you ask above. I'll set it to record something tonight and report back.

1999gtv I've disabled timeshift and today whilst trying to sort out my epg I've had no issues, prior to this I was getting as low as 32% without making any recordings.
I'm on 5.0.0002 and appear to only have 1 folder on my hdd (media/hdd) I had 2 yesterday with a bookmark? Has turning timeshift off got rid of this? As I've said I'm in uncharted waters here and really not got a clue what I'm on about.

1999gtv
13-03-17, 21:06
Haven't got round to 5.0.002 yet as mine is working ok on vix 4.2.030 (don't want to break a good setup by updating when it isn't necessary). Speedygonzal has given you some good advice to follow it sounds quite daunting when you are new to these boxes but is not as bad as it sounds and becomes clearer as you actually do it. I have only been using E2 boxes for about 18 months and found everything difficult at first but once you get the hang of it you will find yourself doing it without any problem. The good people on this forum are always willing to help when you get stuck. I really am not sure why you are having this many issues with your hdd I am guessing your problem may be different to mine. As I mentioned I had initial issues but these have been resolved for me by doing the steps from a few posts back. I cannot remember if I created the folders myself using dream explorer downloaded from the plugins section or whether they were there already. I have just tried turning timeshift off and still have both folders. Give Speedygonzals suggestions a try just take you time and don't rush, I will do a full backup tonight and try 5.0.002 tomorrow to see if I get same issue as you.

speedygonzalez
14-03-17, 00:32
Mine is fine and everything works as it should now, I was curious if the OP had the same structure on his hdd as mine and if not why are the folders not present.

I do hope sincerely that yours is working fine 1999gtv, because that might mean there is a relatively easy fix for many machines that are like mine, and are losing disc space like they are going out of fashion.

I wonder if you would mind doing me a favour...

Assuming that you have been recording and deleting programmes since the last Restart/reboot of the machine, if you go into Menu / Information / Devices and look up the Free space for /media/hdd, then restart the machine by Menu / Standby and Restart / Restart, then look for the same Free space figure, are the numbers the same before and after the restart?

I am asking because the fundamental symptom of the problem, as far as I can see, is that orphan disc space is created by timeshift, by recording, and by pressing the pause button on the remote (even if timeshift is off), and such orphan disc space is restored/reclaimed by a restart.

Another question if I may, when you said you ran fsck 5 days or so ago, did you run it from Menu / Setup / System / Storage devices / Filesystem check, or did you actually putty/telnet/etc. into the system and execute a fsck command?

Cheers!

1999gtv
14-03-17, 00:47
Ok done as requested and hdd size is 312.37 gb ,free space 299.87 gb. After reboot hdd size is 312.37gb , free space is 303.58gb about 3.5gb more. Box has been running since 4.30 pm and 3 recordings have been done and 2 watched and deleted plus some pausing of live tv. Hope this helps

1999gtv
14-03-17, 01:00
To add to previous post I will leave box in standby overnight and turn on when I get home from work tomorrow, record and delete some random stuff and make a note at each stage of space used and space available followed by another reboot and see if there are any major differences. just saw your edit and answer is via menu/setup/system/storage devices/ Filesystem check

speedygonzalez
14-03-17, 08:59
Ok done as requested and hdd size is 312.37 gb ,free space 299.87 gb. After reboot hdd size is 312.37gb , free space is 303.58gb about 3.5gb more. Box has been running since 4.30 pm and 3 recordings have been done and 2 watched and deleted plus some pausing of live tv. Hope this helps

Thanks very much 1999gtv. What your result suggests, is that you are also losing hdd freespace unfortunately, though not at the vast rate as some of us experienced or are experiencing, and like us you are also able to reclaim lost space by a restart.

Like you I also did the fsck on the hdd via the menu a couple of days ago, it did not take away the problem.

My experiments are also indicating that the rate of freespace getting "lost" not only appears to be dependent on box use, but also settings - e.g. timeshift seems to make it worse. It is however difficult to keep track of the effect of changes, given I have tried many variations, but I have yet to find a Vix version, a drive setup, or settings that stop the problematic phenomenon altogether except don't record and don't turn on timeshift and don't touch the pause button on the remote, which I found to allow the freespace to stay constant between restarts, but imho it is not acceptable that one has to forego such functions to lessen the problem.

Cheers!

ccs
14-03-17, 10:16
Have you tried yet to find out what is using up disc space?
I you're familiar with telnet, the command

find /media/hdd -type f -size +50000k -exec ls -lh {} \;

may tell you what's eating up your hdd.

(Pressing pause on live tv starts up timeshift, and rebooting will empty the disc space timeshift has used, and recordings use up disc space as well.)

speedygonzalez
14-03-17, 10:58
Have you tried yet to find out what is using up disc space?

(Pressing pause on live tv starts up timeshift, and rebooting will empty the disc space timeshift has used, and recordings use up disc space as well.)

Yes. The list, which may not be exclusive, includes 1) recording programmes, 2) enabling timeshift, and 3) pause even when timeshift is disabled.

I have also tried pointing timeshift to a usb stick instead while it was enabled, which showed me that timeshift files were normal, the issue appears to be that the 3 activities above leave orphan hdd disc space behind, which is invisible to 'ls-a', but is reclaimed by fsck or a restart.

Recording programmes of course use up disc space. The issue is after they are deleted not all the used space is returned, and can only be recovered by fsck or restart. Programme file size looks normal. As an illustration, if free space is 800GB (from menu setup information device), you might find 790GB left after recording a 5GB programme (observed by Filezilla, puttying ls, or the Dream-Explorer plugin), and deleting the programme leaves you with only 795GB free space. You will get the missing 5B back after a restart.

I am speculating, those activities might have used codes that claim hdd disc space (not files, hidden or otherwise, somehow) as workspace, but fail to release the space properly after use.

birdman
14-03-17, 11:04
which is invisible to 'ls-a', but is reclaimed by fsck or a restart.If it's reclaimed by a restart then something has a (large) file open that has been deleted. The space won't be freed until the file is closed, which will happen on a restart (and in the meantime the process that has it open can still write to it and use more filespace).

You can find open-but-deleted files by running a find command on the box (which I'll work out if you're interested in running it).

speedygonzalez
14-03-17, 11:15
If it's reclaimed by a restart then something has a (large) file open that has been deleted. The space won't be freed until the file is closed, which will happen on a restart (and in the meantime the process that has it open can still write to it and use more filespace).

You can find open-but-deleted files by running a find command on the box (which I'll work out if you're interested in running it).

I agree what you describe sounds like exactly what is happening... I was a unix system administrator decades ago, on a multiuser system that is considerably less powerful than any low-end phone today :), so my command of unix/linux is extremely sparse and rusty, to say the least. You are very kind!

ccs
14-03-17, 11:16
Maybe lsof will show them?

birdman
14-03-17, 11:34
Run this script (I think - not near a box at the moment, but it's fairly generic):

#!/bin/sh
#
cd /proc
for l in [0-9]*/fd/*; do
( /bin/ls -l $l | grep '(deleted)$') 2>/dev/null
done

ljmramst
14-03-17, 17:16
Thanks again all. I did what speedygonzalez suggested last night and here's what I found.
No other recordings are on the HDD. Timeshift is off. I started with 487gb available. I recorded a 30 minute HD prog. Looked using Filezilla the size of the recording is 1.11gb.
I pressed the PVR button it said 93% / 435gb remaining. Using the Menu/Information/Devices it said 445gb was remaining.
I deleted, waited several hours before checking and whilst Filezilla shows nothing my HDD available space remains the same.
I had to reboot and in doing so for some reason I've lost all my epg settings, yeah all them days (see other forum).
I don't know if this means anything but the pvr button now reads 99% but only 464gb available, devices method says 475gb.

I really don't know what to do now.

1999gtv
14-03-17, 17:38
Follow up on my earlier post for speedygonzalez. Did some playing today and pausing live tv seems to use large amounts of disk space about 1gb per minute is reported as used, based on 15 minute pause 15gb less space shown in devices. Then tried timeshift approx 5gb used in 10 minutes approx half the rate of use compared to pausing live tv. Once I resume playback on live tv or switch channel I get no further space loss but space is not recovered until fsck or reboot. Also with timeshift turned off I get no additional space used either but still not recovered till reboot or fsck. Recordings seem to be a different matter around 2.5 to 3 gb space is used for an hours hd recording dependent on channel used to record from. Once I delete the recording my space returns without any need to reboot etc

kokojnr
14-03-17, 19:05
I will be eager to know about the solution to this problem.
I've turned off timeshift just to save space

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

ccs
14-03-17, 19:38
I think having 2 threads isn't helping matters.

1999gtv
14-03-17, 19:38
Have just tried a bit more experimentation, I plugged a 128gb usb/hdd into rear usb port this I had formatted on my pc to ext3. Went into setup/vix/mount-manager and mounted as usb, went to timeshift settings and set location for timeshift as the usb drive I had just mounted, checked information/devices and exactly 120gb free. Then I tried pause of live tv on hd channel and left it for 15 minutes before checking information/devices which stated 650mb had been used 119.35 gb free. Went back to tv and switched channels then back to information/devices and free space now shown as 120gb. Next tried timeshift on hd channel for approx same period of time and again around 650mb of space had been used, then disabled timeshift followed by channel change and return to information/devices to find disk space had again returned to 120gb. None of the unusual issues of disappearing hdd space were present, apart from location ie external usb rather than internal hdd the only difference in set up is my internal hdd is ext4 compared to the ext3 format I just tried. Is it the type of filesystem used causing issues

speedygonzalez
14-03-17, 19:42
I had to reboot and in doing so for some reason I've lost all my epg settings, yeah all them days (see other forum).

Sorry to hear that. I was able to spend a little bit of time yesterday to try to understand the wonders of Service searching and AutoBouquet makers for our machine.

I have written down what I thought even I could understand, when I can't remember in a couple of weeks :), at

http://www.techkings.org/threads/is-the-edision-os-mega-the-right-one-for-me.119032/page-3#post-682404

Cheers!

speedygonzalez
14-03-17, 19:49
Have just tried a bit more experimentation, I plugged a 128gb usb/hdd into rear usb port this I had formatted on my pc to ext3. Went into setup/vix/mount-manager and mounted as usb, went to timeshift settings and set location for timeshift as the usb drive I had just mounted, checked information/devices and exactly 120gb free. Then I tried pause of live tv on hd channel and left it for 15 minutes before checking information/devices which stated 650mb had been used 119.35 gb free. Went back to tv and switched channels then back to information/devices and free space now shown as 120gb. Next tried timeshift on hd channel for approx same period of time and again around 650mb of space had been used, then disabled timeshift followed by channel change and return to information/devices to find disk space had again returned to 120gb. None of the unusual issues of disappearing hdd space were present, apart from location ie external usb rather than internal hdd the only difference in set up is my internal hdd is ext4 compared to the ext3 format I just tried. Is it the type of filesystem used causing issues

I might have misunderstood what you are saying, but I have already tried pointing timeshift to a USB stick a couple of days ago. Like you what I found was the freespace in the usb stick behaved normally as expected, and the timeshift files in the stick looked perfectly normal also. However, the space loss issue remains, at the internal hdd.

I think what happens, is as long as you have an internal hdd, the system would still use the hdd as workspace, irrespective where the timeshift directory is, and it is the release of the invisible workspace after use, not the timeshift files, that is buggy, and is causing the hdd space loss.

Cheers!

ccs
14-03-17, 19:59
Odd that the vast majority of people are not seeing this problem, just a handful.

speedygonzalez
14-03-17, 20:36
Odd that the vast majority of people are not seeing this problem, just a handful.

Conversely it would be great if we can find even a single machine not suffering these problem when properly tested, because we can then try the image, and identify what the difference might be.

Unfortunately, while some posters indicated in earlier posts that their machines were fine, they actually aren't, when tested and measured.

There are now actually 3 threads, two are here as you say - I am sorry if I shouldn't have started the Vix Support thread this morning - I thought it is the proper way to get official support?

Cheers!

birdman
15-03-17, 04:24
It seems like the receiver somehow struggles to correctly read the available HDD spaceIf someone could login to the commandline and run "df" to see what that reports it would be helpful then.

And while they're at is running "dmesg" to see whether there are any unusual kernel message would also be useful.

speedygonzalez
15-03-17, 12:19
If someone could login to the commandline and run "df" to see what that reports it would be helpful then.

And while they're at is running "dmesg" to see whether there are any unusual kernel message would also be useful.

I have just done that. The hdd used and free space correspond with what is shown in OpenWebIf.

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 434.9M 71.2M 363.7M 16% /
devtmpfs 277.5M 4.0K 277.5M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs 277.6M 152.0K 277.5M 0% /var/volatile
/dev/sda1 931.3G 60.5G 869.8G 7% /media/hdd

The sizes found also correspond with what I have reported in the Support thread here (taken from Setup / Information / Devices page's figures), if one accounts for the binary to base 10 conversion, i.e. 1TB expressed as 931.3g.

From dmesg:

root@osmega:/media/hdd# dmesg
Linux version 4.10.0 (vix@ns202814.ovh.net) (gcc version 6.3.0 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Feb 22 16:47:13 CET 2017
CPU0 revision is: 00025a11 (Broadcom BMIPS5000)
FPU revision is: 00130001
MIPS: machine is Broadcom BCM97346DBSMB
Determined physical RAM map:
memory: 04000000 @ 00000000 (usable)
memory: 20000000 @ 30000000 (usable)
Primary instruction cache 32kB, VIPT, 4-way, linesize 64 bytes.
Primary data cache 32kB, 4-way, VIPT, no aliases, linesize 32 bytes
MIPS secondary cache 256kB, 8-way, linesize 128 bytes.
Zone ranges:
Normal [mem 0x0000000000000000-0x000000001fffffff]
HighMem [mem 0x0000000020000000-0x000000004fffffff]
Movable zone start for each node
Early memory node ranges
node 0: [mem 0x0000000000000000-0x0000000003ffffff]
node 0: [mem 0x0000000030000000-0x000000004fffffff]
Initmem setup node 0 [mem 0x0000000000000000-0x000000004fffffff]
On node 0 totalpages: 147456
free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat 80a42180, node_mem_map 8100d000
Normal zone: 1024 pages used for memmap
Normal zone: 0 pages reserved
Normal zone: 16384 pages, LIFO batch:3
HighMem zone: 131072 pages, LIFO batch:31
percpu: Embedded 14 pages/cpu @81a10000 s26000 r8192 d23152 u57344
pcpu-alloc: s26000 r8192 d23152 u57344 alloc=14*4096
pcpu-alloc: [0] 0 [0] 1
Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on. Total pages: 146432
Kernel command line: console=ttyS0,115200 ubi.mtd=rootfs root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs
PID hash table entries: 256 (order: -2, 1024 bytes)
Dentry cache hash table entries: 8192 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
Inode-cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
Memory: 568240K/589824K available (8432K kernel code, 331K rwdata, 1680K rodata, 300K init, 294K bss, 21584K reserved, 0K cma-reserved, 524288K highmem)
SLUB: HWalign=128, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=2, Nodes=1
Hierarchical RCU implementation.
Build-time adjustment of leaf fanout to 32.
RCU restricting CPUs from NR_CPUS=4 to nr_cpu_ids=2.
RCU: Adjusting geometry for rcu_fanout_leaf=32, nr_cpu_ids=2
NR_IRQS:128
irq_bcm7038_l1: registered BCM7038 L1 intc (mem: 0xb0411400, IRQs: 96)
irq_brcmstb_l2: registered L2 intc (mem: 0xb0403000, parent irq: 59)
irq_bcm7120_l2: registered BCM7120 L2 intc (mem: 0xb0406780, parent IRQ(s): 2)
irq_bcm7120_l2: registered BCM7120 L2 intc (mem: 0xb0408b80, parent IRQ(s): 3)
irq_brcmstb_l2: registered L2 intc (mem: 0xb0408440, parent irq: 61)
irq_brcmstb_l2: registered L2 intc (mem: 0xb0411000, parent irq: 38)
irq_brcmstb_l2: registered L2 intc (mem: 0xb0411d00, parent irq: 39)
clocksource: MIPS: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 9544355085 ns
sched_clock: 32 bits at 250 Hz, resolution 4000000ns, wraps every 8589934590000000ns
Console: colour dummy device 80x25
Calibrating delay loop... 1062.91 BogoMIPS (lpj=2125824)
pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
Mount-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Mountpoint-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
smp: Bringing up secondary CPUs ...
SMP: Booting CPU1...
Primary instruction cache 32kB, VIPT, 4-way, linesize 64 bytes.
Primary data cache 32kB, 4-way, VIPT, no aliases, linesize 32 bytes
MIPS secondary cache 256kB, 8-way, linesize 128 bytes.
CPU1 revision is: 00025a11 (Broadcom BMIPS5000)
FPU revision is: 00130001
Synchronize counters for CPU 1:
done.
SMP: CPU1 is running
smp: Brought up 1 node, 2 CPUs
devtmpfs: initialized
clocksource: jiffies: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 7645041785100000 ns
futex hash table entries: 512 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
NET: Registered protocol family 16
SCSI subsystem initialized
libata version 3.00 loaded.
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
usbcore: registered new device driver usb
Linux video capture interface: v2.00
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Initialized.
Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22
NET: Registered protocol family 31
Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
clocksource: Switched to clocksource MIPS
FS-Cache: Loaded
NET: Registered protocol family 2
TCP established hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
TCP bind hash table entries: 1024 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
TCP: Hash tables configured (established 1024 bind 1024)
UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
NET: Registered protocol family 1
RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.
RPC: Registered udp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
workingset: timestamp_bits=30 max_order=18 bucket_order=0
NFS: Registering the id_resolver key type
Key type id_resolver registered
Key type id_legacy registered
nfs4filelayout_init: NFSv4 File Layout Driver Registering...
Installing knfsd (copyright (C) 1996 okir@monad.swb.de).
fuse init (API version 7.26)
random: fast init done
bounce: pool size: 64 pages
Block layer SCSI generic (bsg) driver version 0.4 loaded (major 253)
io scheduler noop registered
io scheduler deadline registered
io scheduler cfq registered (default)
brcm-gisb-arb 10400000.gisb-arb: registered mem: b0400000, irqs: 104, 105
brcm-sata-phy 10180100.sata-phy: registered 2 port(s)
brcmstb-gpio 10406700.gpio: Registered 3 banks (GPIO(s): 0-95)
brcmstb-gpio 10408c00.gpio: Registered 3 banks (GPIO(s): 96-191)
Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 4 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
console [ttyS0] disabled
10406900.serial: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x10406900 (irq = 72, base_baud = 5062500) is a 16550A
console [ttyS0] enabled
10406940.serial: ttyS1 at MMIO 0x10406940 (irq = 73, base_baud = 5062500) is a 16550A
10406980.serial: ttyS2 at MMIO 0x10406980 (irq = 74, base_baud = 5062500) is a 16550A
[drm] Initialized
loop: module loaded
brcm-ahci 10181000.sata: controller can't do NCQ, turning off CAP_NCQ
brcm-ahci 10181000.sata: masking port_map 0x3 -> 0x3
brcm-ahci 10181000.sata: SSS flag set, parallel bus scan disabled
brcm-ahci 10181000.sata: AHCI 0001.0300 32 slots 3 ports 6 Gbps 0x3 impl platform mode
brcm-ahci 10181000.sata: flags: sntf stag pm clo pmp slum part
scsi host0: brcm-ahci
scsi host1: brcm-ahci
scsi host2: brcm-ahci
ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 mmio [mem 0x10181000-0x10181a9b] port 0x100 irq 48
ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 mmio [mem 0x10181000-0x10181a9b] port 0x180 irq 48
ata3: DUMMY
brcm-ahci 10181000.sata: Broadcom AHCI SATA3 registered
nand: device found, Manufacturer ID: 0x01, Chip ID: 0xdc
nand: AMD/Spansion S34ML04G2
nand: 512 MiB, SLC, erase size: 128 KiB, page size: 2048, OOB size: 128
brcmstb_nand 10412800.nand: detected 512MiB total, 128KiB blocks, 2KiB pages, 32B OOB, 8-bit, BCH-4
Bad block table found at page 262080, version 0x01
Bad block table found at page 262016, version 0x01
3 ofpart partitions found on MTD device brcmnand.1
Creating 3 MTD partitions on "brcmnand.1":
0x000000000000-0x000000800000 : "kernel"
0x000000800000-0x000000c00000 : "splash"
0x000000c00000-0x00001fe00000 : "rootfs"
brcmstb_qspi 10410920.spi: using bspi-mspi mode
m25p80 spi32766.0: found mx25l3205d, expected m25p80
m25p80 spi32766.0: mx25l3205d (4096 Kbytes)
3 ofpart partitions found on MTD device spi32766.0
Creating 3 MTD partitions on "spi32766.0":
0x000000000000-0x0000000a0000 : "cfe"
0x0000000a0000-0x0000000b0000 : "nvram"
0x0000000b0000-0x0000000c0000 : "mac"
libphy: Fixed MDIO Bus: probed
bcmgenet 10430000.ethernet: failed to get enet clock
bcmgenet 10430000.ethernet: GENET 2.9 EPHY: 0x00b0
bcmgenet 10430000.ethernet: failed to get enet-wol clock
ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
bcmgenet 10430000.ethernet: failed to get enet-eee clock
libphy: bcmgenet MII bus: probed
usbcore: registered new interface driver zd1201
ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
ehci-platform: EHCI generic platform driver
ehci-platform 10480300.usb: EHCI Host Controller
ehci-platform 10480300.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
ehci-platform 10480300.usb: irq 76, io mem 0x10480300
ehci-platform 10480300.usb: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
ehci-platform 10480500.usb: EHCI Host Controller
ehci-platform 10480500.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
ehci-platform 10480500.usb: irq 77, io mem 0x10480500
ehci-platform 10480500.usb: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected
ehci-platform 10490300.usb: EHCI Host Controller
ehci-platform 10490300.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 3
ehci-platform 10490300.usb: irq 81, io mem 0x10490300
ehci-platform 10490300.usb: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
hub 3-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 3-0:1.0: 1 port detected
ehci-platform 10490500.usb: EHCI Host Controller
ehci-platform 10490500.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 4
ehci-platform 10490500.usb: irq 82, io mem 0x10490500
ehci-platform 10490500.usb: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
hub 4-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 4-0:1.0: 1 port detected
ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
ohci-platform: OHCI generic platform driver
ohci-platform 10480400.usb: Generic Platform OHCI controller
ohci-platform 10480400.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 5
ohci-platform 10480400.usb: irq 78, io mem 0x10480400
ata2: SATA link up 6.0 Gbps (SStatus 133 SControl 300)
hub 5-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 5-0:1.0: 1 port detected
ohci-platform 10480600.usb: Generic Platform OHCI controller
ohci-platform 10480600.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 6
ata2.00: ATA-8: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100, AX0R2J, max UDMA/100
ata2.00: 1953525168 sectors, multi 16: LBA48 NCQ (depth 0/32)
ata2.00: configured for UDMA/100
ohci-platform 10480600.usb: irq 79, io mem 0x10480600
scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access ATA TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1 2J PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 1953525168 512-byte logical blocks: (1.00 TB/932 GiB)
sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 4096-byte physical blocks
sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00
sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
hub 6-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 6-0:1.0: 1 port detected
ohci-platform 10490400.usb: Generic Platform OHCI controller
ohci-platform 10490400.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 7
ohci-platform 10490400.usb: irq 83, io mem 0x10490400
hub 7-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 7-0:1.0: 1 port detected
ohci-platform 10490600.usb: Generic Platform OHCI controller
ohci-platform 10490600.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 8
ohci-platform 10490600.usb: irq 84, io mem 0x10490600
sda: sda1
sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
hub 8-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 8-0:1.0: 1 port detected
usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
mousedev: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
i2c /dev entries driver
brcmstb-i2c 10406200.i2c: upg_bsca@97500hz registered in interrupt mode
brcmstb-i2c 10406280.i2c: upg_bscb@97500hz registered in interrupt mode
brcmstb-i2c 10406300.i2c: upg_bscc@97500hz registered in interrupt mode
brcmstb-i2c 10406380.i2c: upg_bscd@97500hz registered in interrupt mode
brcmstb-i2c 10408980.i2c: upg_bsce@97500hz registered in interrupt mode
usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb
bmips-cpufreq: registered
sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
sdhci-brcmstb 10413500.sdhci: Clock not found in Device Tree
mmc0: SDHCI controller on 10413500.sdhci [10413500.sdhci] using ADMA
hidraw: raw HID events driver (C) Jiri Kosina
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
usbhid: USB HID core driver
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2
Bluetooth: HIDP socket layer initialized
Key type dns_resolver registered
ubi0: attaching mtd2
mmc0: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001
random: crng init done
ubi0: scanning is finished
ubi0: attached mtd2 (name "rootfs", size 498 MiB)
ubi0: PEB size: 131072 bytes (128 KiB), LEB size: 126976 bytes
ubi0: min./max. I/O unit sizes: 2048/2048, sub-page size 2048
ubi0: VID header offset: 2048 (aligned 2048), data offset: 4096
ubi0: good PEBs: 3984, bad PEBs: 0, corrupted PEBs: 0
ubi0: user volume: 1, internal volumes: 1, max. volumes count: 128
ubi0: max/mean erase counter: 5/3, WL threshold: 4096, image sequence number: 909706988
ubi0: available PEBs: 0, total reserved PEBs: 3984, PEBs reserved for bad PEB handling: 80
ubi0: background thread "ubi_bgt0d" started, PID 79
ALSA device list:
No soundcards found.
UBIFS (ubi0:0): UBIFS: mounted UBI device 0, volume 0, name "rootfs", R/O mode
UBIFS (ubi0:0): LEB size: 126976 bytes (124 KiB), min./max. I/O unit sizes: 2048 bytes/2048 bytes
UBIFS (ubi0:0): FS size: 493809664 bytes (470 MiB, 3889 LEBs), journal size 9023488 bytes (8 MiB, 72 LEBs)
UBIFS (ubi0:0): reserved for root: 0 bytes (0 KiB)
UBIFS (ubi0:0): media format: w4/r0 (latest is w5/r0), UUID E7473C0E-46D3-4F2F-AD69-F9E4A95D1E77, small LPT model
VFS: Mounted root (ubifs filesystem) readonly on device 0:13.
devtmpfs: mounted
Freeing unused kernel memory: 300K
This architecture does not have kernel memory protection.
EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
ftm4862: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
ftm4862: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Broadcom BCM7xxx)
input: dreambox advanced remote control (native) as /devices/virtual/misc/brcmstb/input0
input: dreambox ir mouse as /devices/virtual/misc/brcmstb/input1
input: dreambox front panel as /devices/virtual/misc/brcmstb/input2
misc brcmstb: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Broadcom BCM73XX)...
misc brcmstb: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 1 (Broadcom BCM73XX)...
misc brcmstb: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 2 (FTM-4862 (Availink AVL6862))...
Bluetooth: HCI UART driver ver 2.3
Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol H4 registered
Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol BCSP registered
Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol LL registered
Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Three-wire (H5) registered
RTL871X: module init start
RTL871X: rtl8723bs v4.4.1_17245.20160325_BTCOEX20151223-654a
RTL871X: build time: Feb 22 2017 16:52:15
RTL871X: rtl8723bs BT-Coex version = BTCOEX20151223-654a
RTL871X: hal_com_config_channel_plan chplan:0x21
RTL871X: rtw_ndev_init(wlan0) if1 mac_addr=e0:b9:4d:9d:6d:b2
RTL871X: module init ret=0
SGI XFS with security attributes, realtime, no debug enabled
UBIFS (ubi0:0): background thread "ubifs_bgt0_0" started, PID 331
NET: Registered protocol family 10
Segment Routing with IPv6
bcmgenet 10430000.ethernet: configuring instance for external RGMII (no delay)
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
bcmgenet 10430000.ethernet eth0: Link is Down
bcmgenet 10430000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 100Mbps/Full - flow control off
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
bcmgenet 10430000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 10Mbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
bcmgenet 10430000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 100Mbps/Full - flow control off
root@osmega:/media/hdd#

Cheers!

ccs
15-03-17, 12:45
One thing dmesg says is "1.00 TB/932 GiB", which might be part of the answer?

birdman
15-03-17, 13:47
One thing dmesg says is "1.00 TB/932 GiB", which might be part of the answer?That's just the difference between TB (10^12) and GiB (1024^3).

ccs
15-03-17, 13:52
That's just the difference between TB (10^12) and GiB (1024^3).
I know, but maybe ViX, or whatever, is using both forms in different contexts.

kondorkod
19-03-17, 17:44
Noticed something has been fixed, http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55990-HDD-space-issue-affecting-OS-Mega-Possible-other-boxes-fixed-in-build-5-0-004

Just ordered this box knowing it is so well supported.

gilvey
06-05-17, 19:04
Has this been sorted out yet?

ccs
06-05-17, 20:08
Has this been sorted out yet?
...try the post before yours.

gilvey
06-05-17, 20:36
Not very good if you've already got 1tb of recordings you want your keep though is it?

ccs
06-05-17, 21:17
... but it has been "sorted", 6 weeks ago.

birdman
07-05-17, 02:03
Not very good if you've already got 1tb of recordings you want your keep though is it?If you have a spare USB drive you could copy them onto it then copy them back later.

gilvey
07-05-17, 06:39
It may be the only option. Cheers

twol
07-05-17, 08:50
Not very good if you've already got 1tb of recordings you want your keep though is it?

Like everything to do with data that you want to protect/keep, you should keep a backup ....so perhaps a good time to start?