PDA

View Full Version : Deleted programs HELP!

irishpol1
12-03-17, 12:59
Hi guys,

My kid has deleted everything I had recorded in my VuDuo.. not only has he deleted them from /media/hdd he also deleted them from the deleted items folder.. is there anyway at all I can recover at least some of the stuff?

Many thanks
P.

john doe
12-03-17, 18:14
not from the box its self. you can ftp into box and go to media/hdd/movies and see if possible to recover from there. the other option is to use a hdd recovering tool, but you would need to plug into a pc to do this and not guaranteed to get everything back,

garryboy
12-03-17, 18:45
I deleted a partition of my HDd by mistake. Was meant to be my USB stick I was formatting.

Anyhow. I used a free windows program called Recuva and got everything back. Was all family pics and videos so would have been gutted to loose it all.

You would need to take the HD our and connect it to your PC to use it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irishpol1
12-03-17, 23:18
Wasn't anything visible from ftp.. looks like I'm going to have to take the drive out and try and recover it via the pc

Thanks guys.

john doe
13-03-17, 10:15
Wasn't anything visible from ftp.. looks like I'm going to have to take the drive out and try and recover it via the pc

Thanks guys.

I think that is your only option to be honest

abu baniaz
13-03-17, 12:09
The HDD in receiver uses a Linux file system.

You will more than likely need to use a Linux OS/utilities. Windows won't do.

garryboy
13-03-17, 12:14
The HDD in receiver uses a Linux file system.

You will more than likely need to use a Linux OS/utilities. Windows won't do.

Good shout Abu. Never thought of that obstacle.

If you dont have Linux you can burn Ubuntu to a CD drive or USB stick and run it from that. Theb use a similar Linux recovery program.

Had a quick search and Testdisk which is Ubuntu software repositary is supposed to be good.

irishpol1
15-03-17, 09:41
I have resigned to the fact I'm not getting any of the stuff back ..lesson learned, the remote has been hidden :nono:

garryboy
15-03-17, 10:18
Have you been able to attempt the above suggestion.

Download Ubuntu and Burn to DVD or USB pen.

Boot from the USB/DVD pen and run Ubuntu from this without installing it.

Install testdisk program from repository. Connect HDD to PC and then try and recover you data.

Suppose depends how much you want the data back

irishpol1
17-03-17, 09:19
Have you been able to attempt the above suggestion.

Download Ubuntu and Burn to DVD or USB pen.

Boot from the USB/DVD pen and run Ubuntu from this without installing it.

Install testdisk program from repository. Connect HDD to PC and then try and recover you data.

Suppose depends how much you want the data back

I haven't had a chance, I will give it a try over the weekend and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup: