PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Struggling to tune Vu Duo2 into cable

houghton19
11-03-17, 00:20
Hi Everyone, Been fighting on for a wee bit now, struggling to get my Vu Duo2 to find any cable channels, I have a live active line as i Have BB and Tv package at the moment, I know my Net ID is 41003, other than that i do not know what settings to use to find the channels, every way i try i seem to either find no channels or it says tune failed.

i have been using sat side of the box no problems (mostly) for a few years but struggling with this. I am running Openvix 4.2.029 i think. I would rather not do a update at the moment if possible as everything is going fine and havnt got the time to setup both sat and cable :)

any help and advice would be appreciated.

thanks.

Andy_Hazza
11-03-17, 06:42
Look in your Tuner Configuration setup and tell me how it is setup. So Menu > Setup > Service searching > Tuner configuration. Post pictures from WebIf if this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
11-03-17, 07:14
Are you using ABM to scan your net id?
Have you split your connection yourself or are you using a pre-installed tap point with a pre-made suitable cable?

stephentg
03-07-17, 16:17
Hi, My Virgin TiVo box pack up over the weekend. I have a Duo2 with a cable tuner, I have put the lead from the virgin box in to my duo2 box. Not sure about setup. Enclosed some pics.54101541025410354104

stephentg
03-07-17, 16:20
My Area is Manchester.

Andy_Hazza
03-07-17, 20:56
Get your correct Net ID from the service engineer section of your TiVo receiver.

Andy_Hazza
03-07-17, 20:58
Also you can't just receive cable by plugging the feed from your TiVo to your Duo2. You will only receive FTA channels, and thats not a lot and non are HD.

stephentg
03-07-17, 23:22
Thanks Andy for reply. There is a sticker on the back of the box, which says Network ID 41066. When I press Cable scan it start to scan then fails

jsjazz
03-10-17, 23:22
Bit old so you may have already sorted this, but.... Are you using ABM to scan? I can't get any channels using the cable scan option or using the manual scan option for the cable tuner (VU+ Duo 2 with satellite and cable tuner) but with ABM I get all the cable channels.