PDA

View Full Version : Clarification sought on Solo 2 multiple channel streaming

boscad
10-03-17, 17:22
Hi folks

I'm just trying to clear up a very specific question here. I *have* checked on the forum, and have found it discussed, but not really found a really clear answer for my own intended setup. Here's some background - I currently use a VU+ Zero - fixed satellite on Astra - and have found the WebIF really useful, along with the VLC (VideoLan) media player for viewing remotely. The VU zero is PLC-LAN connected to my wireless router. The "remote" viewing laptop is also on wireless to the router.

I am now planning to upgrade to a dish with quad LNB (I only plan to use two of the signals), and to get myself a VU+ Solo 2

Now here's my question - if I run two of the quad LNB outputs into the two Sat inputs on the Solo 2 - exactly what viewing options would be available - for instance (assuming my router wireless bandwith is sufficient) - could I

(a) View one channel via HDMI to TV with a second (different) channel view-able over LAN on a laptop

(b) In the case of (a) above - assuming that is possible - is it also possible to stream the TV channel at the same time to another laptop - i.e. two concurrent video streams of two different channels ? (Both lappys would be running VLC )

I hope the question doesn't sound too stupid - I'm just not 100% aware of the internal Solo 2 architecture !

Many thanks in advance !

Bill

DaMacFunkin
10-03-17, 19:00
A) Yes
B) Yes but you would need the box to be in soft standby (not sending a channel to a TV).

boscad
10-03-17, 19:10
Aha !
Thank you DaMacFunkin !:)