PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Hard Drive gone after update to 5.0.002

GAH2402
09-03-17, 18:19
Hi,

Just came home to an update alert on my system from 5.0.001 to 5.0.002, carried out the update, box has rebooted and my hard drive has disappeared.

Any ideas anyone?

bellejt
09-03-17, 18:23
restart or remount HDD ( blue button VIX etcetera )

GAH2402
09-03-17, 18:41
Hi,

Cured by unplugging box from mains, restart didn't cure it, and Mount Manager wasn't visible in Vix Menu!

:thumbsup:

GAH2402
17-03-17, 18:40
Hi,

Seem to be getting this issue any time there is a Vix update, can this be classed a bug and looked at? Never had had it happen in any previous versions of Vix.

GAH

Sicilian
18-03-17, 16:09
Have tried another hdd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GAH2402
19-03-17, 10:14
Thanks for the suggestion, but why would a try another HDD?

I had absolutely no problem until I updated to 5.0.001, HDD was always recognised after any update on Vix4.

Andy_Hazza
19-03-17, 10:19
Thanks for the suggestion, but why would a try another HDD?

I had absolutely no problem until I updated to 5.0.001, HDD was always recognised after any update on Vix4.

Because we haven't had your issue & to rule out your HDD being faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judge
19-03-17, 10:25
After a flash, are you rebooting with the USB still attached?

ccs
19-03-17, 10:35
After a flash, are you rebooting with the USB still attached?
If I do that the usb stick is invariably picked up as /media/hdd and the hdd goes missing.
I always do a switch off at the mains sometime after a reflashing, as the hdd can go walkabout, even without a usb attached.

twol
19-03-17, 10:53
Hate to say it, but it really looks like an issue with the Internal(???) HDD either going to sleep or disk error .. worth looking at the debug log and I think also the dmesg log (perhaps somebody could also confirm thats the correct error log)
If it is working correctly you should not have the usb mounted as HDD

ccs
19-03-17, 11:16
Hate to say it, but it really looks like an issue with the Internal(???) HDD either going to sleep or disk error .. worth looking at the debug log and I think also the dmesg log (perhaps somebody could also confirm thats the correct error log)
If it is working correctly you should not have the usb mounted as HDDIf you're replying to my post,
a usb stick was being picked up on the very 1st day I got the box, until I realised where recordings were being saved.
Now I never leave usb sticks in situ after reflashing.
If it's an internal hdd problem, then I've done well for it to last nearly 2 years.
I'll have a look at dmesg the next time it happens.

twol
19-03-17, 11:40
If you're replying to my post,
a usb stick was being picked up on the very 1st day I got the box, until I realised where recordings were being saved.
Now I never leave usb sticks in situ after reflashing.
If it's an internal hdd problem, then I've done well for it to last nearly 2 years.
I'll have a look at dmesg the next time it happens.
well, with disks, they can last an eternity or 5 mins ... although reliabiity has improved, you are still dependent (apart from SSD) for the manufacturer to get the tolerances and media perfect .... disk heads are not very forgiving when everything is not perfect :).

s2tephen
19-03-17, 11:51
Don't know if this is connected
I keep losing the USB drive in my VU+ Ultimo 4K
Have to reboot to get it back
Started happening since 5.0 update

twol
19-03-17, 12:02
Don't know if this is connected
I keep losing the USB drive in my VU+ Ultimo 4K
Have to reboot to get it back
Started happening since 5.0 update
USB disk drive ? Powered?

s2tephen
19-03-17, 12:23
USB disk drive ? Powered?

A plain 16 gig USB stick.
Used for EPG

GAH2402
19-03-17, 15:41
My HDD is an internal drive, and I have no USB stick attached.

As I said, my HDD worked perfectly with the previous version of Vix.

As a test, I've just downloaded and installed OpenAtv 6.0, mounted my HDD, played a few files with no issues, and then did an online update to the latest build 0f 6.0, and didn't lose my HDD when it restarted.

Not on here to cause any issue, if you don't think it's a bug, I'll cope with having to unplug the box from mains every time I do an update.

GAH

GAH2402
19-03-17, 16:26
Issue seems to be fixed in the 5.0.004 update!

gear259
20-03-17, 14:00
I've had this problem with lots of boxes running usb drive. Solved by changing​ the usb port to the spare, changing for new cable or reformatting drive

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

gear259
20-03-17, 14:02
I've had this problem with lots of boxes running usb drive. Solved by changing​ the usb port to the spare, changing for new cable or reformatting drive

Definitely a bug but it's not new to current vix version