PDA

View Full Version : how to stream to 2nd TV from SOLO2??

theblitz
08-03-17, 15:01
Hi

I have a SOLO 2 and i want to be able to stream video files (and TV channels if possible) to my 2nd TV which is loacted in my kitchen.

My STB and my 2nd TV (SONY KDL40EX403) are both on my home network. I have enable the miniDLNA and i can see it on my TV and access some files but some do not work. I think its a rendering issue.

Is there anything I can do in terms of setting up a media type server on my SOLO2 so it would render the files in order for me to be able to view them on my 2nd TV ?

A few years ago I had the PS3 media sever set up on my PC and it worked fine for files on my PC to be streamed to my TV, but the problem was, my PC had to be on for it to work. I want to be able to view videos on my solo through the 2nd TV...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DaMacFunkin
08-03-17, 18:57
The answer is no, the cheapest way would be to get a fire stick and use dream player Android app, this will give you recordings and TV channels.

Willmoore
08-03-17, 20:11
The answer is no, the cheapest way would be to get a fire stick and use dream player Android app, this will give you recordings and TV channels.

That's a great app. Only had a quick play with it - Can you get an epg up ?

dsayers
08-03-17, 20:29
Does the Sony tv have any iptv apps? you could install one on the tv and create an m3u for it

ruby1303
08-03-17, 23:15
Does the Sony tv have any iptv apps? you could install one on the tv and create an m3u for it

vote for that also, probably is more stable

theblitz
09-03-17, 21:35

Hi

No iptv apps im afraid...its a pretty old model.

theblitz
09-03-17, 21:37
Thanks for your replies...

Fire stick it is...!!!