PDA

View Full Version : Virgin uk tuner set-up

goosegog
07-03-17, 21:57
Maybe new to vix 5,in tuner set up
Cable ive put my id in and theres differant options in virgin uk.pure,brute etc.
Im in gateshead does it matter what you pick or is it best to keep it at 00000 Or does it not matter as i wont do manual scan as i will use ABM.
I havnt changed anything in epg settings apart from time etc for download and saving to HDD.
Is best way for epg epg downloader and set rytec virgin media
Solo se v2
Thanks
Goosegog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
07-03-17, 22:07
Tuner setup is the same whatever image you use.

It does not matter if you leave it as as 00000 or put your net ID.

Repeat

It does not matter if you leave it as as 00000 or put your net ID.

If you know what type of area you are in, select it. Otherwise leave it as (Virgin Media UK brute force)
Again, it does not matter. Unless you are going to make a conventional (non-ABM) scan.

abu baniaz
07-03-17, 22:08
I havnt changed anything in epg settings apart from time etc for download and saving to HDD.
Is best way for epg epg downloader and set rytec virgin media

What are you going to use? CrossEPG downloader (internet download method) or EPG importer?

goosegog
07-03-17, 22:13
Thanks for reply.thanks for clarifying the tuner bit,ok i think i get you,if i keep allow virgin in epg settings do i not need to use epg importer?
Thanks

abu baniaz
07-03-17, 22:15
What do you want to do? It is no point people giving you advice to do one thing if you are determined to do another.

goosegog
07-03-17, 22:18
The best way to populate the epg.

duoduo
07-03-17, 22:39
Setup epg refresh buddy for epg

abu baniaz
07-03-17, 22:43
Problems arise when people mix and match processes.

You can use CrossEPG downloader (internet download method) {using rytec's data}
EPG importer {using rytec's data}

or
you can zap/tune to channels with EPG data. You can automate this process using EPG refresh plugin
See here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40457-Using-EPG-Refresh-plugin-to-obtain-the-epg-off-the-stream

goosegog
07-03-17, 22:44
Cheers,is that the option in epg settings?
Thanks

abu baniaz
07-03-17, 22:58
Follow the guide.

If you do not understand or something is not clear say exactly what you have done, and where you are stuck. Nobody here is a mind reader. I don't mean to be rude, but please don't be like those who have to be forced to say what they have done.

Everybody understands things differently. What is easy for one person is not necessarily the same for others. People will help, provided they know what has been done (everything). Know where you are, what you are stuck with.