PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Audio track incorrect in transcoded stream

pmatil
07-03-17, 19:10
So, I had OpenVIX version 4.1.016 for a long time and recently upgraded to 4.2.030. I flashed it clean (usb) and then only copied the network settings and favourite list. All other settings I set up manually.

With the 4.1 all audio tracks worked just fine. I have all the audio settings set to Finnish and subtitles too. When I watch live TV on Eurosport HD it has several audio tracks: Finnish, Swedish, Swedish. Of course I select Finnish and it works just fine.

I have a recording from the same channel. If I stream it (PC with VLC or Android with VU+ Player) I can select the audio track and it defaults to Finnish. All is good. Even with 4.2.

When I stream the same recording transcoded with version 4.2, it selects Swedish. And I cannot change the audio track if I'm transcoding. Streaming the same recording with 4.1 I get Finnish audio.

My transcoding settings are:

Port: 8002
Encoder: 0
Auto set fps/bps: No
Bitrate: 2 Mbps
Framerate: 25 fps

I hate to go back to 4.1 because of this. Of course I can try 5.0 but I usually wait a few versions before trying out a new major version. I'm hoping someone could check if this is still an issue with 5.0.