PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] 2 lock ups and a crash

LanceH
06-03-17, 21:36
Hi, flashed a day ago - USB and NO restore and NO plugins. Only Confluence skin.

Have had 2 random lock ups (Telnet>reboot fixed temporarily) and a crash.

However, I did the "RecordTimer" fix - not sure whether that helped or not... (and was it before or after the crash??)

Plus, I just had a random reboot during playback, but no crash log. Latest log attached in case it is of any interest.

Hope this helps

Cheers

abu baniaz
06-03-17, 22:56
Posted in error

Trial
07-03-17, 09:23
Hi,
are you sure that there are no plugins installed. When I search the net I get this error in conjunction with TMDb, TVDb and AMS.

ciao

ccs
07-03-17, 10:46
The crash logs no longer have time stamps - is that right??

(Or maybe #141 commit sorts it?).

abu baniaz
07-03-17, 10:55
The crash logs no longer have time stamps - is that right??

Timestamps will be back in debug log from next update.

The crashlog filename uses date/time of ocurrance

LanceH
07-03-17, 18:22
Hi,
are you sure that there are no plugins installed. When I search the net I get this error in conjunction with TMDb, TVDb and AMS.

ciao

As per the OP, no plugins.

I never use them.

LanceH
12-03-17, 18:51
Another random reboot on 5.0.002 - no crash log written. Hope this helps...

Edit: And another actual crash just half an hour later. One thing I've noticed is how "laggy" the box is to remote inputs these days. Feels like on older machine...

LanceH
12-03-17, 19:42
Might be worth adding that the crash (actual crash, not random reboot) occurred when I was in the EPG. Which is very laggy.

LanceH
17-03-17, 19:04
Now on 5.0.003, reluctantly going back to 4.2.030 as I can't live with the reboots and freezes (not had a crash in a couple of days since updating). Might be back when things stabilise. Good luck.

bbbuk
17-03-17, 20:58
On my solo2, using 5.0.002, I haven't had any crash yet.

The last crash log you uploaded was one of those (seemingly) random Signal errors that have occurred even in earlier images (trust me).

LanceH
17-03-17, 21:24
I ran with 4.2.030 for quite some time without any issues. The 5 builds initially crashed a few times - mostly related to navigating the EPG it seems. Whether they have stopped on 003 is not known. The killer issue for me though (and my family) is the continuing random reboots and the occasional lock-ups.

I've gone back to 4.2.030 now and will keep an eye on future 5 builds with interest!

Cheers

bbbuk
17-03-17, 22:06
I ran with 4.2.030 for quite some time without any issues. The 5 builds initially crashed a few times - mostly related to navigating the EPG it seems. Whether they have stopped on 003 is not known. The killer issue for me though (and my family) is the continuing random reboots and the occasional lock-ups.

I've gone back to 4.2.030 now and will keep an eye on future 5 builds with interest!

CheersLike I said not had any crashes navigating EPG or anything yet. Didn't use initial 5 build as I try to avoid anything new until initial bugs are found (if any). What specifically where you doing within EPG before it crashed? Has it happened more than once with same build and if so were you doing the same thing within EPG?