PDA

View Full Version : [SF4008] EPG empty

skippie
06-03-17, 01:02
I constantly have to redo EPG import and Cross EPG for 28.2 channels. The EPG keeps disappearing.

I had this too in OpenATV. Is this driver related ?

abu baniaz
06-03-17, 04:21
Maybe storage device is faulty

skippie
07-03-17, 01:23
Maybe storage device is faulty

No the harddrive worked fine with the gigablue HD quad.

I recently bought the Octagon 4k and i have problems keeping the EPG on both HDD's, internal and external.

abu baniaz
07-03-17, 01:51
There were some issues with Rytec data sources. This may be the cause. Without debug logs showing what happened/did not happen, this is a guess. Would you mind uploading them?

You said both HDDs, what do you mean by this?

skippie
07-03-17, 08:51
Well saving the EPG on internal HDD built in, and i saved it on External HDD, USB.
The EPG is gone over night, sometimes a few times a day, 3-5 times it's gone, and it has nothing to do with Rytec.

The TOTAL epg is gone, and i'm not talking about 28.2 only, i import epg for Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany. All gone always.
I guess, because its a new box, there are still alot of driver issues, and one of them is the EPG not being saved/load properly.

I try to send logs today.

Andy_Hazza
07-03-17, 09:01
Why HDD & USB? Take out the USB, not needed and use the internal HDD. If you have Picons, save to internal flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
07-03-17, 10:32
I use both Cross for 28.2 and Epgimporter for 19.2 every day on all my machines including the SF4008 .... apart from the recent Rytec issues there is never (usually) an issue.
So in my view its NOT a driver issue.... there would be loads of complaints and Octagon are good at responding. Also this receiver has been around in Europe longer than UK, so it would have been noticed.

As Andy has said, decide where you are going to save CrossEPG epg.dat and then put the box in standby and using something like Filezilla ensure that epg.dat is deleted out of flash, usb and hdd ... then reboot to start afresh.
Preferably use Putty or a Telnet app to login to the receiver and use init 4 (standby), delete the epg.dat(s) and then init 6 to reboot.

In the long past I have had numerous issues with Crossepg and a corrupted epg.dat which has lead to a similar issue (no epg)

I am assuming the HDD is internal???? If not it needs power.

skippie
07-03-17, 16:31
Why HDD & USB? Take out the USB, not needed and use the internal HDD. If you have Picons, save to internal flash.

I expressed myself badly, the external USB is a powered 2 TB HDD full with recordings from the Gigablue HD Quad which i'm using now as a second HDD

skippie
07-03-17, 16:35
I don't use CrossEpg, only EPGImport, but i try that, deleting epg.dat files and restart then Epgimport.

Andy_Hazza
07-03-17, 16:55
CrossEPG better imo and best saved to your internal HDD.

abu baniaz
07-03-17, 17:42
Your posts are not coherent.

I constantly have to redo EPG import and Cross EPG for 28.2 channels. The EPG keeps disappearing.

I don't use CrossEpg, only EPGImport, but i try that, deleting epg.dat files and restart then Epgimport.

You are experiencing the problem on more than one image. Please explain everything, including all the details, so that there is no misunderstanding. Maybe someone can help you out better.

Can you also specify what EPG data you actually want to have? I.e which providers.

skippie
07-03-17, 18:25
No, like i said, i experienced the probelm on openATV also, used this image as there was no Openvix yet.
I use EPGIMPORT for Belgium, Holland, France, Germany and UK but i had to use CrossEPG for UK only as this was not implementing in EPGIMPORT the last few days.

I use 2 HDD : Internal 1TB and External HDD of 2TB.

I tried to save the EPG on the internal and on external HDD but on both the EPG doesn't stay on.
I deleted the EPG.dat file now after freezing the box and rebooted, then imported EPG again with EPGIMPORT so trying this out now if EPG stays on.

The reason i don't like to use CrossEPG is that it takes way too long to import for 4-5 countries, often doesn't work even.

Restarted GUI and rebooted, so far so good.

abu baniaz
07-03-17, 18:55
When ready, post details of the current settings you are using.

Enable debug logs.
Restart.
Repeat EPG acquiring process.
Upload debug log to forum.

It cannot be a driver issue as EPG import just downloads data from the internet.

skippie
07-03-17, 19:37
EPG still ok, sending logs when it disappears again

skippie
08-03-17, 12:49
This morning the epg was gone again, added the latest log file.

EPG import is set to auto import every morning at 5:40

skippie
08-03-17, 12:56
Clearing current EPG before import option is turned ON

abu baniaz
08-03-17, 13:32
There is an issue with the uploaded data. See thread on Pli forum.

skippie
08-03-17, 13:44
QUOTE from there :

In the meantime:
I think that it would be nice to update this package:
enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport-rytec
So people performing an update of there image will get a clean up version of the source file.

Will this be new in the plugins in the next update ?

twol
08-03-17, 14:48
QUOTE from there :

In the meantime:
I think that it would be nice to update this package:
enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport-rytec
So people performing an update of there image will get a clean up version of the source file.

Will this be new in the plugins in the next update ?

... and thanks for persisting until the answer was found, some people just disappear off the face of the earth!:)

skippie
11-03-17, 15:08
I use both Cross for 28.2 and Epgimporter for 19.2 every day on all my machines including the SF4008 .... apart from the recent Rytec issues there is never (usually) an issue.
So in my view its NOT a driver issue.... there would be loads of complaints and Octagon are good at responding. Also this receiver has been around in Europe longer than UK, so it would have been noticed.

As Andy has said, decide where you are going to save CrossEPG epg.dat and then put the box in standby and using something like Filezilla ensure that epg.dat is deleted out of flash, usb and hdd ... then reboot to start afresh.
Preferably use Putty or a Telnet app to login to the receiver and use init 4 (standby), delete the epg.dat(s) and then init 6 to reboot.

In the long past I have had numerous issues with Crossepg and a corrupted epg.dat which has lead to a similar issue (no epg)

I am assuming the HDD is internal???? If not it needs power.

UPDATE :
Tried this and it solved my problem, the EPG is updating and its still there.

Thnx :)