PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Mini] disappointed That There Is No Further Support For The Miraclebox Mini HD

byrnemeister
05-03-17, 21:03
I am disappointed that you deem the Miraclebox Mini HD to old to support it any further.:confused:

Yes I have had it a few years but it still works perfectly fine and is no worse spec or age than the Xtrend ET7000 and same spec as the Edison boxes.

I have a feeling it is more to do with WOS wanting to sell more boxes :mad:

I have only ever used Openvix on all boxes I have set up over the years, but it looks as though I'll have to move over to OpenATV (Not that anyone cares) as they are still supporting it.

ronand
06-03-17, 00:30
WOS don't make openvix. Actually the openvix team don't get anything from boxes being sold (or from you either). Another conspiracy theory.

birdman
06-03-17, 00:44
Yes I have had it a few years but it still works perfectly fine....and will continue to do so if you leave it as it is now.

gibbletts
06-03-17, 11:10
Kind of a tricky one I suppose if your box gets dropped, but at the same time as new boxes are being released there are only so many hours in the day that they can devote to what is essentially a hobby I'm sure they all have lives and other interests so something has to give and as people upgrade to newer boxes that all need images the older ones have to get dropped.

Piranha
06-03-17, 18:20

I am disappointed that you deem the Miraclebox Mini HD to old to support it any further.:confused:

Yes I have had it a few years but it still works perfectly fine and is no worse spec or age than the Xtrend ET7000 and same spec as the Edison boxes.

I have only ever used Openvix on all boxes I have set up over the years, but it looks as though I'll have to move over to OpenATV (Not that anyone cares) as they are still supporting it.

1. I am not familiar with your trusty Miraclebox Mini HD, but if it stills works OK on the current ViX image you have installed in it, why would you worry about keeping it up-to-date?

2. As far as I am aware, ABM and CrossEPG (or EPG Importer) will continue to work for a long time to come on your box. Future changes may well negate this - but that is quite normal these days!

3. Some image teams may continue to support your particular box for a while, but even they will eventually drop support for 'older' boxes.

4. I am gradually replacing some of my older boxes - but they do add to my pile of HDDs when they are made redundant!

Stanman
06-03-17, 23:12

It takes time and a lot of effort to test and support boxes.

The decision to drop boxes has nothing to do with wether WOS sell it or not.

As box get older they get slower and it's harder to keep building images and testing them. Unlike other teams we test all boxes as a team.

If your happy with the image there is no need to change?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

garryboy
06-03-17, 23:30
I have the same issue with max digital xp1000. Which was dropped because of those bastard zgemmas.

I'm stuck on 4.2.06 but as stanman says everything works as it should. ABM works.

I have my blue Hd skin. oscam and IPTV player all on my laptop so I don't need to use the plugins sever.

I have an image backup also if required.

Hopefully it will continue to work like this foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk