PDA

View Full Version : twin tuner configurations

hummer66
16-05-10, 10:39
I’m new to the twin tuner world only ever had oneTrying to configure tuner A and B what would be my best setup for a motorised dish setup with quad LNB using two feeds from it to the VU+
I would like to record one channel and watch another on the same sat

Sicilian
16-05-10, 10:51
Ok right. Connect the cable the goes through the DiSEQC motor to Tuner A and set as below changing longitude an latitude to suit your area: -

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=312

Then set tuner B to second cable of motorized LNB. See screenshot below. (ignore that my screenshot is showing tuner B, your receiver will show tuner A)

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=346

Btw screenshots have been taken using different skins ;)

hummer66
16-05-10, 10:57
Thanks sic so how are you recording multiple channels on the same transponder

Sicilian
16-05-10, 11:04
Set timers or press red button to record now.

One thing though, what settings/bouquets are you using?

I've noticed that Catseye settings, although being fantastic have the sky uk channels spread over astra28.2 and eurobird1 28.5, so this makes it a pain when recording some channels from a motorised dish as the motor want to turn slightly. Most other settings have combined astra2/eurobird1. I'm currently working on a set. Or you could try the c@jton settings in the Enigma2 settings download section.

catseye
16-05-10, 11:47
I’m new to the twin tuner world only ever had oneTrying to configure tuner A and B what would be my best setup for a motorised dish setup with quad LNB using two feeds from it to the VU+
I would like to record one channel and watch another on the same sat

Are you using the disque 1.2 or usals m8?

If so the other wayif you are using disque 1.2 is to have configuration mode set as 'advanced'
Scroll down to each sat using right/left keys
select LNB 1

& make sure all sats you want to see are set to LNB 1

Then go back to set up & set tuner B to equal tuner A

You should be able to record & watch something else at same time

grtmoby
16-05-10, 12:00
just an advice so i know what to do.

i am having a fixed dish that should go to one tuner while the other is on a motorized dish driven by the vu through a vbox.

what is the best lnb configuration to go with this setup and which is better to be on tuner A and tuner B.
Will i be able to watch nilesat (fixed dish) and record from hotbird or astra (motorized dish) at the same time.

thanks in advance....

catseye
16-05-10, 12:15
Whats you motorised set up m8

Are you using vbox positioner & actuator/h -h motor or disque/usals as this could affect answer

catseye
16-05-10, 12:40
Are you using the disque 1.2 or usals m8?

If so the other wayif you are using disque 1.2 is to have configuration mode set as 'advanced'
Scroll down to each sat using right/left keys
select LNB 1

& make sure all sats you want to see are set to LNB 1

Then go back to set up & set tuner B to equal tuner A

You should be able to record & watch something else at same time

Soz lads i stand correcting on this one -Tuner B should be set up same as Tuner A & not 'equal as'

'Equal as' is for folk who have a fixed dish with twin lnb

Cheers

grtmoby
16-05-10, 12:41
vbox positioner driving a 36V motor working using diseqc1.2

catseye
16-05-10, 12:49
grtmoby

Use this method on one tuner to setup motorised side m8
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?561-Setting-up-your-VU-with-Motorised-Dish-amp-Seperate-Positioner

& say for tuner b set as simple & nilesat as only sat

You might one to include nilesat in your choice of sats for motorised set up so you can watch & record different channels m8 -Like when the world cup is on!