PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 Recording Sizes Query!

Bazzy
04-03-17, 17:46
Hi All,

I have read quite a few times that many experienced folks have stated that the way these machines record programmes is very efficient (say when compared to Sky) & so many feel that a 500GB/1TB is plenty of storage & I keep in mind that unlike me, these folks are most likely pretty heavy duty users!

On my Solo 2, the recording sizes are huge tbh & has me wondering if anything might be amiss? For example:

1) An hour long SD programme: anything between 800MB - 1.3GB
2) An hour long HD programme: anything between 1.8GB - 2.5GB
3) A HD 90min movie: 3.5GB - 5GB
4) Longer events like sports etc: SD - around 1.3GB/1.5GB per hour & HD around 2GB/2.5GB per hour.

It is hard to give an exact figure of MB or GB per hour as it seems to vary so very widely, even if many programmes might be the same time length!

Does that sound right may I ask? As a novice I do not know but it seems kind of high does it not?

Many Thanks!

ccs
04-03-17, 17:49
Sizes sound about right to me.

Ashley69
04-03-17, 17:57
Yes I agree with css. These sizes are about right.

Valiant
04-03-17, 18:42
I did have one recording recently that was 12GB in size - can't remember what it was, I deleted it after viewing. Typically the Lord of the Rings films on HD would be about this size, they are about three hours long plus adverts if on a commercial channel. I don't know if there is a skin that displays the recording size, it might be useful to some. I only find the size of a recording once it is deleted as the displayed Trashcan size increments.

Bazzy
06-03-17, 19:26
Hi All,

Many thanks for the replies - much appreciated & good to know that recording sizes seem normal on my box then!!

May I also ask about a couple of other issues regarding the recording section:

a) when I go to the recorded section, it now says "Enhanced Movie Center" but I seem to recall it was something else before? I think I may have unwittingly pressed the RC the wrong way some time ago - is this a big deal & what should it be? How can I get it back to normal?

b) I am running the Slyk Skin. I have 4 options at the bottom:

Red = Delete
Green = Alpha sort meta
Yellow = Move File
Blue = Move home.

Say I have accidentally pressed the Red delete button on a programme I ahem not watched yet - it goes into the trashcan. If I now go to the trashcan & find the programme, how can I get jot back to the normal section? I have tried pressing the blue button "Move Home" but all this does is take me back to the recordings page but the programme still stays in the trashcan?

If I press Yellow, "Move File" I get a page that says:

/media/hdd/movie/ & underneath that:

a folder icon & <parent.directory>

scared to try this in case it goes somewhere I am later unable to find but just wanted to ask, is this the one or something else?

Many Thanks!

obo110x
07-03-17, 19:29
You could always watch it from the trashcan, saves having to send it there once you've watched it

Bazzy
07-03-17, 20:27
You could always watch it from the trashcan, saves having to send it there once you've watched it

Hi,

Thanks for the response! I appreciate what you say but I would prefer to be able to move it back from the trash - this is because when one has recorded a series of episodes of a TV Serial & one accidentally gets put in the trash, one either forgets about it later & it gets deleted after a while.

Surely, there has to be a simple way just to move it back from the trash?

Many Thanks!

ccs
07-03-17, 22:28
Enhanced Movie Center is a plugin which you must have downloaded.

I don't know anything about it, but searches suggest it doesn't work well on ViX.

Whether deleting the plugin will give you the default back again, I'm not sure.