PDA

View Full Version : [SF4008] record symbol constantly on

john doe
04-03-17, 09:40
Receiver always showing red record symbol on the front panel. cant see any option in recording setting. I had this same symbol with openatv 6.0

adm
04-03-17, 10:25
Receiver always showing red record symbol on the front panel. cant see any option in recording setting. I had this same symbol with openatv 6.0

My original Miraclebox had the same 'problem'. If time-shift was selected the box was always recording into the time-shift buffer and the record icon was always showing. Perhaps your box has the same type of recording implementation. See if the front panel icon disappears if you turn automatic time-shift off. Menu -> Setup -> System -> Time-shift Settings -> Automatically start time-shift after = disabled.

birdman
04-03-17, 10:46
My original Miraclebox had the same 'problem'....but the image now contains code to correct this.
If we knew which device file controlled the symbol, and how many different states it has (the Miraclebox one has 4) then it is quite likely that this box could be added to the same fix.

john doe, would you be able to login to the box and run some commands for testing?

john doe
04-03-17, 10:52
My original Miraclebox had the same 'problem'. If time-shift was selected the box was always recording into the time-shift buffer and the record icon was always showing. Perhaps your box has the same type of recording implementation. See if the front panel icon disappears if you turn automatic time-shift off. Menu -> Setup -> System -> Time-shift Settings -> Automatically start time-shift after = disabled.

if I do this, i'll be unable to use pause etc.

john doe
04-03-17, 10:53
...but the image now contains code to correct this.
If we knew which device file controlled the symbol, and how many different states it has (the Miraclebox one has 4) then it is quite likely that this box could be added to the same fix.

john doe, would you be able to login to the box and run some commands for testing?

happy to do this, if you can forward the commands and will report back. i'll be in/out today so may not be able to reply asap

twol
04-03-17, 13:05
Octagon have accepted it as an issue to fix.

bassethound
04-03-17, 13:45
See my post 255 for a workaround it worked for me on ATV 6 not tried Vix yet

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?54508-OCTAGON-SF4008-4K-UHD-2160p-Linux-E2-Receiver/page17

john doe
04-03-17, 14:02
See my post 255 for a workaround it worked for me on ATV 6 not tried Vix yet

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?54508-OCTAGON-SF4008-4K-UHD-2160p-Linux-E2-Receiver/page17

tried this already mate but cant find similar information in recording setting in vix. no biggy, as twol explains, octagon are aware. hopefully fixed in near future.

plus birdman may send the commands to run some tests

birdman
05-03-17, 03:24
happy to do this, if you can forward the commands and will report back. i'll be in/out today so may not be able to reply asapYou have to login and go the the directory fo device files for the front-panel:

cd /proc/stb/lcd
Find out what is there:

ls
Look through the list and see what might be a likely candidate for noting recordings.
On an MBTwin this is symbol_circle. On an et8000 it's symbol_recording (but that model works with the "normal" ViX code). Then you need to put 1 then 0 into this to check you have the right one.
Say you think it is symbol_recording.

echo 1 > symbol_recording
check tha the red light comes on (obviosuly do this when tehre is no actual recording running).
Then

echo 0 > symbol_recording
and check it switches it off.

Once you've found the right file, try echo 2 to is as well, just in case that has a different display (the MBTwin has 4 different display symbols), then echo 3, etc, until you find out how many display states it has.

john doe
05-03-17, 10:56
will get back to you later today

john doe
05-03-17, 13:36
You have to login and go the the directory fo device files for the front-panel:

cd /proc/stb/lcd
Find out what is there:

ls
Look through the list and see what might be a likely candidate for noting recordings.
On an MBTwin this is symbol_circle. On an et8000 it's symbol_recording (but that model works with the "normal" ViX code). Then you need to put 1 then 0 into this to check you have the right one.
Say you think it is symbol_recording.

echo 1 > symbol_recording
check tha the red light comes on (obviosuly do this when tehre is no actual recording running).
Then

echo 0 > symbol_recording
and check it switches it off.

Once you've found the right file, try echo 2 to is as well, just in case that has a different display (the MBTwin has 4 different display symbols), then echo 3, etc, until you find out how many display states it has.

hi Birdman

not sure if ive done this right. if I haven't please let me know. files attached above .

birdman
05-03-17, 13:54

hi Birdman

not sure if ive done this right. if I haven't please let me know.Thanks. The results indicate it only has 1 state (well, 1 on state - it also has an off state).
It might be interesting to see what happens if you echo 1 to the symbol_record_1 and symbol_record_2 files?

john doe
05-03-17, 14:11
Thanks. The results indicate it only has 1 state (well, 1 on state - it also has an off state).
It might be interesting to see what happens if you echo 1 to the symbol_record_1 and symbol_record_2 files?

root@sf4008:/proc/stb/lcd# echo 1 > symbol_recording 1
root@sf4008:/proc/stb/lcd# echo 1 > symbol_recording 2

what is shown is below. no info
root@sf4008:/proc/stb/lcd#

ccs
05-03-17, 14:15
root@sf4008:/proc/stb/lcd# echo 1 > symbol_recording 1
root@sf4008:/proc/stb/lcd# echo 1 > symbol_recording 2

what is shown is below. no info
root@sf4008:/proc/stb/lcd#I think @birdman is asking what happens to the recording symbol.

john doe
05-03-17, 14:20
I think @birdman is asking what happens to the recording symbol.

still on with the two commands

ccs
05-03-17, 14:25
Try switching it off first using echo 0 > symbol_recording
before trying those 2 commands.

john doe
05-03-17, 14:35
using echo 1 symbol_recording1 with box switch off and then switching on the record symbol disappears.

using echo 2 symbol_recording2 with box switch off and then switching on the symbol is showing.

ccs
05-03-17, 14:37
Try switching it off first using echo 0 > symbol_recording
before trying those 2 commands.

Sorry, by "it" I meant the recording symbol.

@birdman, sorry to have jumped in, I'll leave it with you now.:)

birdman
05-03-17, 14:47
still on with the two commandsExcept you left of the second "_", at least you have from your posts.

Anyway - I assume the box shows up as a boxtype "sf4008", so download this file, unzip it, put the resulting RecordTimer.py into /usr/lib/enigma2/python on you box (take a copy of the RecordTimer.pyo that is already there first) then restart enigma2 (init4 then init 3).

Then start/stop a recording and see what happens to the icon.

Edit:
Whoops! Here's the file:

john doe
05-03-17, 15:11
Except you left of the second "_", at least you have from your posts.

Anyway - I assume the box shows up as a boxtype "sf4008", so download this file, unzip it, put the resulting RecordTimer.py into /usr/lib/enigma2/python on you box (take a copy of the RecordTimer.pyo that is already there first) then restart enigma2 (init4 then init 3).

Edit:
Whoops! Here's the file:

done the above and added file and restarted. the symbol was showing at first, started recording (The Voice) for 30 secs and stopped it. symbol gone. restarted GUI, symbol not showing. restarted fully, symbol showing.

birdman
05-03-17, 15:47
done the above and added file and restarted. the symbol was showing at first, started recording (The Voice) for 30 secs and stopped it. symbol gone. restarted GUI, symbol not showing. restarted fully, symbol showing.Hmm...looks like there's not much that I can do then, as something else is going on with that device setting.
There was a comment (somewhere) about device drivers (needing) fixes.

john doe
05-03-17, 15:51
Hmm...looks like there's not much that I can do then, as something else is going on with that device setting.
There was a comment (somewhere) about device drivers (needing) fixes.

yes birdman, i think twol posted here or somewhere on forum that octagon know about this issue and hopefully will be fixed in near future

thanks for the support in this:thumbsup:

khan888
06-03-17, 00:19
Ok I've just tried Birdmans new RecordTimer.py file and getting the same result as John, however when you put the receiver in standby then turn it back on the record icon disappears.

Recorded and then stopped a recording and the icon comes on and off like it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john doe
06-03-17, 09:25
Ok I've just tried Birdmans new RecordTimer.py file and getting the same result as John, however when you put the receiver in standby then turn it back on the record icon disappears.

Recorded and then stopped a recording and the icon comes on and off like it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there defo something with the driver. because when you record a program and stop it the symbol goes, when a full restart is done the symbol appears. we'll see what octagon can do in terms of fix.

obtutus
08-03-17, 20:36
Except you left of the second "_", at least you have from your posts.

Edit:
Whoops! Here's the file:

I had the same problem with my MB Premium Twin Plus+ and this file seems to have fixed the issue.
Many thx Birdman :thumbsup:

birdman
08-03-17, 20:39
I had the same problem with my MB Premium Twin Plus+ and this file seems to have fixed the issue.
Many thx Birdman :thumbsup:Which is slightly worrying, as the code is targetted at specific boxes, so it shouldn't have affected an MB Premium Twin Plus+ at all!?!

Did you just copy in that download file, or did you edit it in some way?

obtutus
08-03-17, 21:53
I just copied it in and restarted the box. I did look at the code and was then puzzled as it didn't look like it should have an effect. I think perhaps I had a different kind of funny and that the restart cured it. I will keep an eye on things and see if the problem reappears.