PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Can’t Manually Install Plugins

bumperbee
04-03-17, 09:00
Hi Everyone, the image is great, everything works fine, I like this image very much!
But there is one issue, cannot do installation of plugins. When ask to set up default folder in Backup Manager, a folder named “/media/hdd” is already there and I couldn’t edit or choose any other folder, but it’s ok as all my plugins are at this folder. Then when back to “install plugin feature”, it again ask to go and set default folder, I setup again and do a restart, it’s still the same. Any advice please! Thanks

Andy_Hazza
04-03-17, 09:11
Are you trying to install .ipk files? If so they need to go in the /tmp folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bumperbee
04-03-17, 09:54
Hi Andy, thanks very much for the quick reply!
Yes, that’s correct, but I can’t set the default folder in Backup Manager at all. The setting is always at /media/hdd in Backup Manager Menu.

Andy_Hazza
04-03-17, 10:00
.ipk's go in the /tmp folder and you install via Blue button > ViX > Install local extensions.
Backup Manager is completely different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsayers
04-03-17, 11:12
It's been a while since I did it but within backup manager there is an option for setting up ipk location

bumperbee
04-03-17, 23:29
Hi Dsayers, thanks for your reply!
That’s what I had remember too, but now it just stay at /media/hdd and could not change to any other folder. Even so, those plugins I placed are at this folder (/media/hdd) but I can’t see any of it when yellow button is selected (Extra IPK’s). After selecting yellow button it will ask to setup default ipk location in Backup Manager again.

Hi Andy, you are right too that I can install plugins if they are place in /tmp folder. But I remember previously I could choose which my default folder for plugins is but now it couldn’t.

bumperbee
04-03-17, 23:39
Sorry Andy, miss your last post!
So it’s been change, but I felt it’s a bit inconvenient if it’s in /tmp folder as this plugins will fill up space in flash. If wants to prevent this, then every time will have to go back to this folder to delete those plugins after installation.