PDA

View Full Version : [SF4008] Using S2 & T2 tuners

machare
03-03-17, 20:25
I am very pleased to see that Vix is now available for the Octagon SF4008. Thank you for the effort involved.

If I have Vix on an Octagon SF4008 with both S2 and T2 tuners, can I create a bouquet with a mix of satellite and terrestrial channels and then switch from a terrestrial channel to a satellite channel just like I might switch between channels on different satellites?

Could I scan individual terrestrial muxes in just the same way as I can scan individual transponders?

How would I get epg data for the Freeview channels?

(I have just bought a new Samsung TV which, unlike the product description on the Samsung web site, came with an S2 as well as a T2 tuner. However I have found that you can only use one or the other. If you want to change from one tuner to the other, you loose all the channels stored for the old tuner, and have to 'automatically' rescan all the channels for the other one.)

abu baniaz
04-03-17, 08:29
You can put whichever services you want in a bouquet. If you select a terrestrial service, a terrestrial tuner will be used. If you select a satellite service, a satellite tuner will be used.

EPG populate while you are on any terrestrial service.

If you use manual scan, you can select the frequencies to scan.