PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] ViX 5.0 timezone

tappari
03-03-17, 10:52
Just flashed my ET10000 with 5.0 001. Timezone for Finland Helsinki is not correct. I have to use Jerusalem at the moment.

Piranha
03-03-17, 12:10
Just flashed my ET10000 with 5.0 001. Timezone for Finland Helsinki is not correct. I have to use Jerusalem at the moment.

Mmmmm! I always thought that Timezone + Sync time using 'Transponder Time' and the NTP server pool.ntp.org= correct local time!

I'm obviously wrong - you are far too experienced a user not to have done another reboot following a first flash of a new image!

I will be very interested to know what the solution to this turns out to be!

tappari
03-03-17, 13:19
Mmmmm! I always thought that Timezone + Sync time using 'Transponder Time' and the NTP server pool.ntp.org= correct local time!

I'm obviously wrong - you are far too experienced a user not to have done another reboot following a first flash of a new image!

I will be very interested to know what the solution to this turns out to be!
I flashed also Duo2 and the timezone problem seems to be the same. Instead of Jerusalem I live in Helsnki.

Piranha
03-03-17, 13:34
I flashed also Duo2 and the timezone problem seems to be the same. Instead of Jerusalem I live in Helsnki.

All I can say is that Jerusalem is MUCH warmer!

Good luck!

tappari
03-03-17, 13:48
All I can say is that Jerusalem is MUCH warmer!

Good luck!
I know it. I have been there. Never as safe as Helsinki. But still this problem seems to be after Harare,Pretoria and then ok in Jeruraslem.

Piranha
03-03-17, 14:21
I know it. I have been there. Never as safe as Helsinki. But still this problem seems to be after Harare,Pretoria and then ok in Jeruraslem.

I am afraid that I am not a coder, my friend, so I haven't a clue how to begin to sort this one out! I would think that someone much wiser than I will pick up on this thread and offer some better advice, or preferably, a solution!

Onnea!

tappari
03-03-17, 14:32
I am afraid that I am not a coder, my friend, so I haven't a clue how to begin to sort this one out! I would think that someone much wiser than I will pick up on this thread and offer some better advice, or preferably, a solution!

Onnea!
I didn`t write this message as an opinion but as a possible bug.
Onnea vaan sinullekin!

rimas
03-03-17, 15:15
Tallinn/Riga/Vilnius timezone is also wrong. I'm using Jeruraslem. I think OpenATV 6.0 has that bug too.

birdman
03-03-17, 16:28
Mmmmm! I always thought that Timezone + Sync time using 'Transponder Time' and the NTP server pool.ntp.org= correct local time! The system runs in local time. The timezone code deals with how times get displayed.
Unfortunately the configuration system is based on Windows mis-conception of timezones (which means I end up in Dublin, even though I'm in the UK). And if you live somewhere in North Africa (I forget where) you've always been wrong as a result.
Difficult to see how Helsinki and Jerusalem have become mixed-up on the update, though.

birdman
03-03-17, 16:36
Well, 4.2 had:

<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Athens, Istanbul, Minsk" zone="Europe/Istanbul" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Bucharest" zone="Europe/Istanbul" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Harare, Pretoria" zone="Africa/Harare" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Helsinki, Kyiv, Sofia" zone="Europe/Istanbul" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius" zone="Europe/Istanbul" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Jerusalem" zone="Asia/Jerusalem" />

5.0 has:

<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Athens" zone="Europe/Athens" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Minsk" zone="Europe/Minsk" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Bucharest" zone="Europe/Bucharest" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Harare, Pretoria" zone="Africa/Harare" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Helsinki" zone="Europe/Helsinki" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Kyiv" zone="Europe/Kaliningrad" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Sofia" zone="Europe/Sofia" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Riga" zone="Europe/Riga" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Tallinn" zone="Europe/Tallinn" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Vilnius" zone="Europe/Vilnius" />
<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Jerusalem" zone="Asia/Jerusalem" />

My suspicion is that since you originally were mapped to Europe/Istanbul, but that is now missing(!?!) it has found the next one on the list, which is Asia/Jerusalem.
If you go into the timezone setup you should be able to set Helsinki.

I'm still stuck with Dublin in the default config file.

Micci
05-03-17, 23:07
Same here. Used to have "Helsinki, Kyiv, Sofia" and in ViX 5.0 the time is off by +1h. Changed to Jerusalem and now the time is displayed correctly. I live in Finland. Vu+ Duo2.

birdman
05-03-17, 23:46
Same here. Used to have "Helsinki, Kyiv, Sofia" and in ViX 5.0 the time is off by +1h. Changed to Jerusalem and now the time is displayed correctly. I live in Finland. Vu+ Duo2.Well, it turns out my listing in #10 is wrong. Brought about by there being three different timezone.xml files in the build.

/etc/tuxbox/timezone.xml
/etc/timezone.xml
/usr/share/enigma2/timezone.xmlThe first two seem to have been edited to add a subset of major cities (except it still puts London in Dublin...). It contains a specific entry for Helsinki that sets Europe/Helsinki (although simple WET, CET and EET would be simpler).

But the system actually uses the third one, and here when you set "Helsinki, Kyiv, Sofia" the timezone file that is actually used maps it to Europe/Istanbul, which is currently GMT+3.
Not sure why it is different, but the one which is used is wrong.

birdman
05-03-17, 23:58
/etc/timezone.xml is actually a symlink to /etc/tuxbox/timezone.xml, which explains why they are the same. These were updated two months ago to remove lots of Asia/Istanbul settings - I suspect as a result of Turkey changing its timezone.

Edit:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/08/turkey-to-stay-on-summer-time-all-year-round

/usr/share/enigma2/timezone.xml is what is actually used in enigma2, hasn't changed in ages and is wrong.
I'll set about working out a simplified, correct set of timezone mappings.

yura21
06-03-17, 18:31
Unzip & upload, then reboot. Maybe it fix timezone for "Helsinki, Kyiv, Sofia"...

birdman
06-03-17, 18:57
Unzip & upload, then reboot. Maybe it fix timezone for "Helsinki, Kyiv, Sofia"...

53059There's nothing wrong with the zoneinfo files (which is most of that zip file) or /etc/tuxbox/timezone.xml (which isn't used by ViX).

I wrote an updated one yesterday, but forgot to test it, and if you install it you'd need to change your timezone setting in the menus (but at least it should then be correct). And it' since occurred to me that it would make sense to keep old entries which are likely to have been set, even if they are a bit nonsensical.

Micci
07-03-17, 08:02
I edited my /usr/share/enigma2/timezone.xml.
Changed the "Helsinki, Kyiv, Sofia" line to:
Rebooted and reselected my timezone. It's OK now.

tappari
07-03-17, 09:38
I edited my /usr/share/enigma2/timezone.xml.
Changed the "Helsinki, Kyiv, Sofia" line to:
Rebooted and reselected my timezone. It's OK now.
Kiitos Micci. Tuo toimii

tappari
10-03-17, 14:25
No change with 002. Still the same problem with Helsinki. Fix in message #16 helps.

birdman
10-03-17, 16:04
No change with 002. Still the same problem with Helsinki. Fix in message #16 helps.There's an issue with how the value gets saved that makes fixing this more complicated than you might expect. (I think it saves the description, rather than the setting..).

rte
15-03-17, 19:41
No change in 003. Istanbul is the nuisance.

Micci
19-03-17, 11:15
It's version .004 already and still no fix?

rte
22-03-17, 16:16
006 seems to be correct now, without Istanbul.