PDA

View Full Version : Problems with DVB-T tuners

alfa aficionado
03-03-17, 00:20
I have a twin DVB-S2 and twin DVB-T2 tuner model; originally I was able to get full channel lists on both using Autobouquets but after a short period some of the channels disappeared. I cannot seem to get them back by repeating scan with Autobouquets? I also don't understand why some channels appear to be received fine via the terrestial tuners but not others. e.g. I can watch ITV2, ITV3 but not UTV. I cannot pick up BBC1 NI or BBC2 HD but can watch BBC4?

I have also tried with Auto Bouquets Maker, which scans Freeview(UK) channels but returns a fatal tuning error when it gets to the Saorview channels.

Any ideas?

(I should have said that there doesn't seem to be any problems with receiving channels via the satellite tuners)

alfa aficionado
20-04-17, 23:30
just to update this - the problem persists in multiple images, e.g. OpenVIX, Blackhole etc. Now however I cannot receive any Freeview channels at all but I am able to pick up Saorview (& Freesat) without any problem. I realise I can get most of the same channels on Freesat but why is my dual DVB-T2 tuner not able to pick up any Freeview signal (they do come back with the channel list but all that appears when you zap is a blank screen with no audio)?

The tuner itself is presumably not faulty because it is able to receive Saorview.

birdman
21-04-17, 00:18
Now however I cannot receive any Freeview channels at all but I am able to pick up Saorview (& Freesat) without any problem.Do you have a Freeview HD TV that you could plug the aerial connexion into to see what it makes of the signal?

alfa aficionado
23-04-17, 11:01
i do and I'm able to pick up everything that I should be able to, i.e. PSB1, PSB2, PSB3, COM4, COM5 + COM6 channels, as well as the Saorview channels. This would suggest to me that there is a problem with the Vu+ Duo2 but I don't get why it is able to pick up the Saorview (Mpeg4, DVB-T) channels but no Freeview (Mpeg2, DVB-T) or Freeview HD (Mpeg4, DVB-T2) ones?

I have the Vu+ Hybrid Dual/ Twin DVB-C/T/T2 tuner card.

Andy_Hazza
23-04-17, 11:11
i do and I'm able to pick up everything that I should be able to, i.e. PSB1, PSB2, PSB3, COM4, COM5 + COM6 channels, as well as the Saorview channels. This would suggest to me that there is a problem with the Vu+ Duo2 but I don't get why it is able to pick up the Saorview (Mpeg4, DVB-T) channels but no Freeview (Mpeg2, DVB-T) or Freeview HD (Mpeg4, DVB-T2) ones?

I have the Vu+ Hybrid Dual/ Twin DVB-C/T/T2 tuner card.

When scanning freeview are you changing to T/T2 tuner in configuration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
23-04-17, 14:09
Have you tried to install and use the Terrestrial scan plugin?

BTW, you have not said what scan options you have tired