PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE+] Timeshift issue 4.2.030

bricia
02-03-17, 15:24
Hi all, i have a gigablu 800 se+,
i try to install the latest version 4.2.030 and all work well, but the timeshift have problem: :(
i'm whachting TV, i press pause, the screen appear completely black but the time indicator work well as the recording is right. :confused: If i press again the pause/play key the screen remain completely black but the time indicator start normally! if i stop the recording and check the files it was recorded as black screen! :eek:
i try all combination of ext hdd formatting (ext2 - ext3- ext4 -fat) but same problem happens.
i also try to change ext hdd box, nothing.
i check setting of timeshift and recording but all appear ok.
the only solution i have found was to reinstall old 4.2.017 version and all work perfect and timeshift are right.
what i can try to solve? :confused:

thanks
:)
Luca

Piranha
02-03-17, 15:51
Hi all, i have a gigablu 800 se+,
i try to install the latest version 4.2.030 and all work well, but the timeshift have problem: :(
i'm whachting TV, i press pause, the screen appear completely black but the time indicator work well as the recording is right. :confused: If i press again the pause/play key the screen remain completely black but the time indicator start normally! if i stop the recording and check the files it was recorded as black screen! :eek:
i try all combination of ext hdd formatting (ext2 - ext3- ext4 -fat) but same problem happens.
i also try to change ext hdd box, nothing.
i check setting of timeshift and recording but all appear ok.
the only solution i have found was to reinstall old 4.2.017 version and all work perfect and timeshift are right.
what i can try to solve? :confused:

thanks
:)
Luca

If I remember correctly, recent image kernel changes and/or driver updates have affected a few different boxes, although I am uncertain if your box is one of those concerned.

Suggest that you run a search of the recent posts for your box.

Sicilian
02-03-17, 17:50
Stay on 4.2.027 for now.

obtutus
02-03-17, 19:37
Stay on 4.2.027 for now.

Do you know if these problems are fixed in the upcoming 5.0?
I am stuck at 4.1 due to issues in 4.2. If 5.0 doesn't work I am going to be 2 versions behind.

Andy_Hazza
02-03-17, 20:27
Do you know if these problems are fixed in the upcoming 5.0?
I am stuck at 4.1 due to issues in 4.2. If 5.0 doesn't work I am going to be 2 versions behind.

What box & what issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk