PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-3T COMBO] Update and plugin search no longer working.

ireallyneedhelp
01-03-17, 15:22
When I try to download plugins I get a message which reads:

There has been an error, please try again later. If this issue persists, please check openvix.co.uk or world-of-satellite.com

I get a similar message if I try to do a system update. This message isn't very helpful. Does anyone know how I can fix this please?

Thanks.

john doe
01-03-17, 15:25
because you are using 4.1, this no longer exists and you will be unable to use plugins. you need to update to 4.2 030 which is the latest image usb flash from new with no back up

ccs
01-03-17, 15:28
The image you're using is over 9 months old, and the plugin feeds are no longer available.

You'll need to reflash the latest image (one is due out anytime soon) if you want to get the plugin feeds back.

If you do reflash, you'll have to setup from scratch as a settings restore won't work.

joysleep1
01-03-17, 15:38
The image you're using is over 9 months old, and the plugin feeds are no longer available.

You'll need to reflash the latest image (one is due out anytime soon) if you want to get the plugin feeds back.

If you do reflash, you'll have to setup from scratch as a settings restore won't work.

When the latest openvix comes out, are we not going to be able to transfer our settings across?

john doe
01-03-17, 15:45
When the latest openvix comes out, are we not going to be able to transfer our settings across?

only timers. youll need to do a fresh flash with no back up restore. I believe theres a image out for this box 4.2 030

ireallyneedhelp
01-03-17, 15:52
Thanks everyone. I didn't realise that 9 months was such a long time between updates. I can't understand why it didn't update automatically because it's set to do that. Oh well, I'll be checking for updates more regularly in future.

john doe
01-03-17, 15:59
Thanks everyone. I didn't realise that 9 months was such a long time between updates. I can't understand why it didn't update automatically because it's set to do that. Oh well, I'll be checking for updates more regularly in future.

depending on image and skin you should see something flashing somewhere to say theres an update, also you can change setting so that new updates and picked up

ccs
01-03-17, 16:09
When the latest openvix comes out, are we not going to be able to transfer our settings across?I've absolutely no idea - the OP is on 4.1, and you can't do a settings restore when moving to 4.2.

ccs
01-03-17, 16:16
Thanks everyone. I didn't realise that 9 months was such a long time between updates. I can't understand why it didn't update automatically because it's set to do that. Oh well, I'll be checking for updates more regularly in future.VIX will never update automatically, you always need to confirm what you want to do when updates are available.

nsw9154
01-03-17, 21:15
if you update to the latest ViX 4.2.030 Release Image you will have to do a fresh clean install and i would recommend saving it to a USB pen drive and to your Hard Drive if you have one fitted
but after that you will be able to update to the New ViX 5.0 when it is Released and you can use your backup of 4.2.030 to restore your files, but you might have to install your plugins manually for the first installation

abu baniaz
02-03-17, 00:44
Wait for 5.0 to be released, don't go to 4.2 030