PDA

View Full Version : First photos of the TM-800 HD

Sicilian
16-05-10, 10:17
As the title, first photos of the TM-800 HD. Full review will follow soon as I'm waiting for full working firmware. One thing I will say though is I'm impressed so far with the look, feel and build quality. A few things that I was really pleased to see are: -

LNB loop through
RF loop through
No fan inside

Keep an eye on the forums for a full review in the near future ;)

pgtips
18-05-10, 09:21
looks good, any news though on when this is bein released or is another month going to pass by with no sign of this being released ta

Sicilian
18-05-10, 09:35
looks good, any news though on when this is bein released or is another month going to pass by with no sign of this being released ta

We're still waiting on news for the release date.

Retired member
18-05-10, 09:48
Don't worry pgtips as soon as there is any news on the date that is confirmed NOT the usual ifs and buts then I'll be letting everyone know, but the fact is the software is still not quite ready and so no 100% confirmed release date is available yet.

philipx
19-05-10, 10:59
TM 800HD pick mine up thursday this week Just phoned supplier its on its way :D

Sicilian
19-05-10, 11:00
I'll hopefully have a review up tonight :D

dfdream
19-05-10, 11:15
Are they in stock in UK now ?

Sicilian
19-05-10, 11:16
Are they in stock in UK now ?

Sounds like they've been released. Waiting for ********* to confirm. I've got hold of one to test and review thanks to ********* :)

philipx
19-05-10, 11:43
TM 800HD Just been told all software used with this box to be dreambox software :D

bobonthejob
19-05-10, 11:45
Yup...it is the DM image that is being tweaked to work on the TM800HD. Still have issues on the image hence the release date not being confirmed.

Sicilian
19-05-10, 11:47
TM 800HD Just been told all software used with this box to be dreambox software :D

I'm pretty sure the firmware will be a Dreambox image ported to the use in the TM-800 HD. So not sure if all the original features will be fully utilised until I see one working. More info later :)

philipx
19-05-10, 11:49
ITS DEF THURSDAY xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

philipx
19-05-10, 12:22
Yes sorry read after, my apologies Siclian.

Monty
19-05-10, 15:00
Oh, first red flag I've seen.
The rules are not hard to follow and are there for a reason, let's keep this a red flag free zone ;)

Retired member
19-05-10, 22:57
They've not been released as such. Some have made their way to one or two dealers but they have strict instructions not to release until the firmware is ready, it could be a few more days yet....

Please see the latest news from the Technomate website posted today:

http://www.technomate.com/newsreviews.php

Sicilian
20-05-10, 10:22
Just to wet the appetite of anyone who's been waiting for the TM-800 HD, I tested again this morning with a beta image, scanned Astra2/Eurobird1 fine and am very happy to say that picture quality of both SD and HD is very good, but then everyone has their preferences. A full un-biased review will be posted when a full image is released by Technomate.

Dr.Dream
24-05-10, 11:51
Morning all m8's

I read today this gr8 news from official site of technomate....lets hope we are lucky all of us who pre-order this reciever and get that gift from technomate

TM-800 HD
22nd May 2010
We apologise for the launch delay of the TM-800 HD. As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer the first 500 customers* who purchase a TM-800 HD within June 2010, a free Wi-Fi adaptor worth £50.
*We require a copy of the receipt/invoice and guarantee card.

Do we have to do anythink or ******* will do the job?

Retired member
24-05-10, 11:59
Its Technomate themselves that are offering this apparently so when you send them in your completed guarantee card with a copy of the invoice/receipt you will get the Wi-Fi adaptor free. Not sure how you'll know exactly if you are one of the first 500, guess you'll just have to check with Technomate direct for this, but you can either call into the store and collect in person or send via post.... All a little academic right now though as they've still not been released, but lets hope for some good news soon :)

pgtips
25-05-10, 12:46
i think its a joke to be honest, how the hell are they going to know if your one of the lucky 500 people to get one they are even selling this reciver box on ebay at the moment with instant dispatch, to be honest technomate should bundle the free wifi with all the units cause lets face it they are no good with out some sort of a solid image on them.

for god sake it a linux machine release the reciever and then hopefully some team can make mods to its and have something to build on, this has gone on far too long the v+ solo is knocking and its not far off its about technomate showed the fans of previous equiment that they mean business and stop hanging about!!

so its going to use the dm image is this because the image has been made public the engima 1+2 have been.

which team is going to write images for this reciever. time is running out technomate tick...tock...... its about time you showed the satalite market what the tm800 hd has got to offer and stop fannying about!!

Retired member
25-05-10, 13:12
eBay sellers can say what they like but they are not released and there is no final firmware realease yet, trust me there isn't.... Other than that can't say I disagree a great deal with everything else you've said, time is most certainly of the essance, we had a VERY nice update for the Spiderbox yesterday so now working great as CCcam client with 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 servers.... World cups not far away.... VU+ SOLO not far away.... VU+ DUO at a great price.... time is running out if this is going to make any real impact BUT lets keep fingers crossed for a realease soon, because if they do get this right then it's going to make some very interesting competition.

dfdream
25-05-10, 16:33
I think though there is more space in the market for a lower end HD Box. There are lots of options in the twin tuner space (£350-1000) range and in the same spec in a single tuner space (£249 -£399).
Technmate fill this space in SD with 500/600 at around £100 but 2 1/2 times the price to go up to the lowest HD box is a stretch for second or third boxes.

Retired member
25-05-10, 16:54
I honestly think the Spiderbox should get far more credit than it does as well, not sure if this is because where they come from or what, but I am more than impressed with these boxes and with the HD versions at £159 and £189 respectively they must be on anyones list looking at the lower end HD boxes.

Ok they are not Linux, but for some this will be a bonus, all updates are made very easy via USB stick and pointing and clicking on the menu, you can download channel list, fast scan of channel, they now work as server (using newcamd) and perhaps just as importantly they now work as CCcam client right up to servers running 2.1.4 (the latest version).... Excellent boxes and well worth considering as alternatives. There is of course the 'gift' as well for 12 months, but gift aside this box has some real potencial, and more importantly it's already in the market and available now at a price that's right!

Now after my little sales pitch there (honestly I do think they are good though) I also have to say I hope Technomate get this right and we have a contender on our hands, hardware looks great, as I'm sure Sic will confirm, but will mean nothing without software backup and support, as sellers we are no more clued up on what's going on than a lot of you are, lets just hope they get it right, but for anyone that's fed up of waiting, have a look at the Spiderbox as a real alternative.

Sicilian
25-05-10, 16:59
To follow on, yes I can confirm the hardware/build quality of the TM-800 HD is fantastic, but like stated above this mean's nothing without fully working software, hence why I've held off from posting a complete review.

dfdream
26-05-10, 08:51
*********, Thanks for the update. Good info as usual. I see the spiderboxes on your site. Good prices. One question. Looking around the Web there are mixed opnions on these boxes. Some of them very extreme (threatening to throw them away), have they gone through major software changes recently , have they got to a stable platform and have 7 day EPG option ?

pgtips
26-05-10, 17:51
i read on another site that some dealers have released these boxes and being sent out for tommrow dont know how this true or is it going to be another grey thursday like last week when they was suppose to come.

if these boxes ccams are fine then ill def have one they look a nice box, and if the dm image is being used on it surely there should be support fingers crossed.

the spiderbox is a client more than a server really you can only share what you have in the box(ie sub card) you can not share on others

Retired member
26-05-10, 18:14
*********, Thanks for the update. Good info as usual. I see the spiderboxes on your site. Good prices. One question. Looking around the Web there are mixed opnions on these boxes. Some of them very extreme (threatening to throw them away), have they gone through major software changes recently , have they got to a stable platform and have 7 day EPG option ?

The main reason I think they get a bad press (from some) is who they originate from, there is so much politics goes on behind the scenes and more increasingly in full view of everyone it's crazy.... Me, I ain't into all that, if it's good I'll say it's good and most probably sell it, if it's bad I'll say it's bad and most probably not sell it, I can't be doing with the different camps and arguments that go on..... Spiderbox is 100% stable and fully tested as CCcam client with latest version server running 2.1.4, this is working flawlessly, has been tested by me personally over the last 24/48 hours and not a glitch in sight, I can't ask for much more! But as I say I'll tell you the truth, so the only downside for you would be the EPG, it's the usual now and next only I'm afraid, there is no 7 day option that's working as far as I know.... To me it's not the end of the world and at £159 and £189 respectively with the money you save maybe you can buy a TV guide ;) no seriously I know for some it's a MUST have, so then they are not for you.... If you can live without a 7 day guide though, go get one now, see no reason not to!

As regards the release dates on the TM-800, it's getitng a bit repetitive me repeating the same thing now, they ARE NOT officially released from Technomate, IF any dealer is sending them out then that's their choice, personally I wouldn't be sending something out that I've been asked not to and is still not considered the finished article, maybe I'm wrong, but if we sell a product and we advertise it's working with certain features then it has to be working, I wouldn't be happy with myself if we did any other.... That's just my take on it though, I will let you all know when we know for sure they have OFFICIALLY been released with the OFFICIAL firmware :)

Dr.Dream
28-05-10, 06:55
TM-800 HD Linux Ready for release
28th May 2010
Good news TM-800 Now ready for release,Please contact your nearest stockist.

We apologise there was a delay for the launch of TM-800 HD. As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer the first 500 customers* who purchase a TM-800 HD within June 2010 (including pre orders that are delivered within June 2010), a free Wi-Fi adaptor worth £50.*We require a copy of the receipt/invoice and guarantee card.There will be stock of Wifi from 15 of june,

Copy from technomate site

******* do you have them ?

paul362
28-05-10, 07:49
Ill be getting a technomate to go upstairs @ some point when they finally apear, never had any hardware problems in the past with the old 1500 models, have had a few duff 5/600 tuners though ?? hopefully this will of been addressed with the flagship HD models.

Retired member
28-05-10, 10:52
They are available to us if we want them, imo they are not ready for release though, the software still needs work and I wouldn't be happy to sell them right now, I must stress though this is my opinion only, I think they've only been released because of the increasing pressure put on to get them out, so for now we're not taking new orders, will see how things go, all pre-orders will be supplied though, so if you have pre-ordered it's either going out today or Tuesday depending on where you are in the world!.... But once software is developed a little more then maybe, we're not in a rush right now to get them in as originally planned, we've got the VU+ SOLO in a couple of weeks fingers crossed and this will be the one I'm looking forward to :)