PDA

View Full Version : Solo 2 Recording & Lock Out Issues Help Needed!

Bazzy
24-02-17, 17:30
Hi All,

Not at all tech savvy so please bear with me on this one! Since yesterday, I have been having strange issue with my Solo 2 which has two sat cables connected it - this happens when something is being recorded. Normally, if only one programme is being recorded, all other channels are available for viewing. If two programmes are being recorded at the same time, then *usually* no other channels apart from the two being recorded upon can be viewed & the channel listings are greyed out.

Yesterday however, whilst recording just one programme, all other channels do not work & the TV shows a black screen on all other channels so I can only watch what is being recorded. However, the channel listings are not greyed out at all. If I select two programmes to be recorded, it shows that both are being recorded but only one of the recording now works which was not the case before. When the recording stops, I am able to access all channels as per normal.

I am hoping I just may have accidentally pressed the wrong buttons on the remote or something but am out of my depth here so would really appreciate any help to put things back to normal!

Many Thanks!

Bangord30
24-02-17, 18:53
In tuner config in service searching do you have both tuners pointing to 28.2e simple?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Bazzy
24-02-17, 19:22
In tuner config in service searching do you have both tuners pointing to 28.2e simple?

Hi,

Thanks for replying - I have a both a motorised dish & a fixed sky type dish. Each have cable going to the back of the Solo 2 - It had been working fine for quite some time, just over a year. I just checked what you asked & it was set as:

Tuner A: Config as Single & Mode as Simple & 28.2E
Tuner B: Config as Simple & Mode as Positioner (selecting satellites) & Press OK to select satellites

I went to Signal Finder & found that:

Tuner A showed: SNR 100% / AGC 78% / BER 0
Tuner B showed: SNR 0% / AGC 0% / BER 0.

I then tried to do a scan on Tuner B via signal finder but it just stayed as 0 with no scan taking place.

I went back to Tuner Config on Tuner B and put it to Simple, Single & 28.2E as you said but it still showed:

Tuner B showed: SNR 0% / AGC 0% / BER 0.

Tried to do a scan with the new settings but it refused to scan - just stayed as 0 again for ages.

I have not messed with any of the tuner settings at all for a very long time unless some random pressings on the remote happened by my inadvertently pressing on them by mistake by my body rolling over it by accident or similar - what might have happened?

Many Thanks!

Bangord30
24-02-17, 19:25
Swap your cables around at the back see what happens and try a scan? Maybe Doris to blame?? :-)

Bazzy
24-02-17, 19:32
Swap your cables around at the back see what happens and try a scan? Maybe Doris to blame?? :-)

Hi,

OK, will give that a try & report back - what is Doris may I ask?

Andy_Hazza
24-02-17, 19:36
Doris is the bad storm weather we had yesterday up n down the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangord30
24-02-17, 19:38
You'll need to swap your config obv too. Have a backup to reflash even?

Lol the storm. You've not been affected then...

duoduo
24-02-17, 19:56
Check the cable going into the back of tuner b buddy, this could be what is causing your issue

tomhick02
25-02-17, 10:38
not near my Vu at the moment..my motorised dish often does the same after high winds(gets blown slightly off line) I you go into tuner settings I think, select the one with motor and drop down the menu to drive motor to position 0, that's basically a home setting/reference fro motor, then zap back to services and select a channel.. might have to start recording again for demand on the motorised tuner to check to see if now working.. always works for me..
Best of luck
Tom

Bazzy
25-02-17, 19:56
not near my Vu at the moment..my motorised dish often does the same after high winds(gets blown slightly off line) I you go into tuner settings I think, select the one with motor and drop down the menu to drive motor to position 0, that's basically a home setting/reference fro motor, then zap back to services and select a channel.. might have to start recording again for demand on the motorised tuner to check to see if now working.. always works for me..
Best of luck
Tom

Hi All,

Thanks again for the input! Checked the cables at the back & they were both on securely. I think Mrs Doris was definitely the culprit as it was only the motorised cable that was affected & the timing at which the issues appeared was too coincident - checked my lat/long numbers & they were correct. Very luckily, I was able to call someone for help & they confirmed that things were way out of whack & helped me reset everything on the motorised dish similar to the instructions above & it all seems back to normal now.

I wish there was some on-line course or similar on how to operate & make the best use of these machines as they look like just another boring black box one would get at a place like argos etc but boy, are they complicated & in-depth with features, functions etc!! I do to think I have even begun to explore even a fraction of the features the box has. It really is a steep learning curve for the technically weak on what to do when things go out of whack - either you guys are all Russian/Nasa Space Engineers in your spare time or I am even thicker than I thought!

Many Thanks!