PDA

View Full Version : 'Tune Failed!' error

blackvenom
23-02-17, 18:58
Hey folks.

I've come home tonight to find my Edision OS Mini displaying an error on the screen saying 'Tune Failed!'

http://i.imgur.com/87JMldf.jpg

It has been extremely windy today (damn you storm Doris) so I am wondering if the dish may have been blown out of alignment or something else related to Doris?

http://i.imgur.com/0UhDBJJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/alolQZP.jpg

Any help would be appreciated as I have never experienced anything like this before :-)

abu baniaz
23-02-17, 19:01
It has been extremely windy today (damn you storm Doris) so I am wondering if the dish may have been blown out of alignment or something else related to Doris?

This is the most likely possibility.

virtualgirl
23-02-17, 19:03
This sounds a possibility as your not even getting a signal. Have you checked if your dish has moved x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackvenom
23-02-17, 19:10
I've not checked the dish no. Is it as simple as seeing which direction other dishes are pointing and checking mine or do I need to buy a signal finder (if thats what they are called)?

john doe
23-02-17, 19:18

I agree mate. Part of my wall has just collapsed. :mad:

blackvenom
23-02-17, 20:19
I've checked the dish and it seems to be pointing in the same direction as the other two dishes I can see. I guess the next step would be to get up a ladder and check the connections are seated properly?

gerinemo
23-02-17, 20:19
unfortunately its a little more complicated than that
you could try the dishpointer site
http://www.dishpointer.com/
Put in your location and pick the Astra 28.2e sat and you may be able to align the dish if you can access it easily
Bearing in mind its not a great time to go climbing a ladder in the dark and on doris day

But keep in mind that being out by as little as an inch with your alignment can make all the difference
small movements is the key
I Would try horizontally first just small movements left or right
get someone to look at the signal meter built in
I know its not that accurate but better than nothing
Good luck

blackvenom
23-02-17, 20:32
Unfortunately it's a little more complicated than that. You could try the dishpointer site, http://www.dishpointer.com/. Put in your location and pick the Astra 28.2e sat and you may be able to align the dish if you can access it easily.

I'll grab a set of ladders tomorrow and have a look (if Doris doesn't want to blow me again that is). From the site you linked to though it does look like the dish is pointing in the correct direction.

Keep in mind that being out by as little as an inch with your alignment can make all the difference; small movements is the key. I would try horizontally first, just small movements left or right. Get someone to look at the signal meter built in.

I know its not that accurate but better than nothing

Good luck

If I move the dish will the 'Signal Finder' on the STB update dynamically as the dish moves?

gerinemo
23-02-17, 20:33
yep may take a few seconds but should update

gerinemo
23-02-17, 20:44
if you have a smartphone you could probably use it to view the sat meter while up on the ladder

blackvenom
23-02-17, 21:04
if you have a smartphone you could probably use it to view the sat meter while up on the ladder

Do you mean via Webif?

Do you think it could be anything other than the dish alignment, cabling etc?

gerinemo
23-02-17, 21:10
yep via webif

unless its something obvious like the arm with the lnb broken off ( rusted away )
Then with the weather thats in it
even here in south east Ireland it was pretty windy an i know you guys got it worse than us so my guess would be that the dish has moved slightly
and that's all it takes just an inch either way and no picture

gerinemo
23-02-17, 21:20
Also Here is a capture of the webif mobile which has the satfinder on it

nekrub2
24-02-17, 09:50
Hi all

I also noticed that my dish moved slightly with the storm tonight. Lucky enough I have my dish not on the roof and could adjust it with the sat finder.

blackvenom
24-02-17, 19:16
I've been up the ladder today after loaning it without the slightest intention of returning it from my parents house. The dish seems pretty well mounted to the pole with no movement at all.

Is it time to call an engineer?

goosegog
24-02-17, 20:16
Have you another reciever you could try,old skybox etc,could be tuner

blackvenom
24-02-17, 20:37
Have you another reciever you could try,old skybox etc,could be tuner

I am afraid not. I hacked it apart for the hard drive [emoji17] I'll see what I can do though. There maybe someone in my area giving one away.

abu baniaz
24-02-17, 22:45
Might be an idea to try receiver at another location before you start spending money.

There are two dimensions to check on dish, left/right and up/down. If safe to do so, try adjusting again. Have a look at the dish install guides, they should explain what adjustments you need to make. If no joy, then get someone to do it for you.

0jjones
25-02-17, 12:51
If you have a smart phone you can download an app called sat finder it connects to your box through wifi so you don't have to buy a sat finder however your wifi must be able to reach your dish otherwise it won't work. Your dish only needs to move millimetres. You will need a 10 mil spanner to loosen the nuts. The last time mine went off the white cover on the lnb was broken in the last bad winds we had

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

blackvenom
25-02-17, 13:01
If I take the Edision to my parents house who have Sky Q should it work off their feed for FTA?

gerinemo
25-02-17, 13:08
Sky q uses a different type lnb ( wideband ) and wont work on your edission ( or at least I don't think it will )
Some of their Lnb's may have a legacy output for older sky boxes
so unless they also have an older box maybe for free sat then i think it will just confuse you more

Did you try loosening the bolts on your dish and moving it about a little
I know you said it was tight but it still could have moved does not take much

You could use a marker to mark the existing alignment up / down left/ right if your worried about knocking it off

blackvenom
25-02-17, 14:13
Sky q uses a different type lnb ( wideband ) and wont work on your edission ( or at least I don't think it will )
Some of their Lnb's may have a legacy output for older sky boxes
so unless they also have an older box maybe for free sat then i think it will just confuse you more

Did you try loosening the bolts on your dish and moving it about a little
I know you said it was tight but it still could have moved does not take much

You could use a marker to mark the existing alignment up / down left/ right if your worried about knocking it off

I couldn't extend the ladder far enough to be able to get high enough to safely undo the bolts etc so I'll have to ask my brother to pop around.

My parents installation is a new one so I'm goosed there.

goosegog
25-02-17, 16:33
Ask someone if you could try there sky box or any receiver on your cable.if that still doesnt work it will confirm cabling,dish problem

blackvenom
07-03-17, 14:20
So I got a friend to bring his STB and his also showed no signal. I ended up ringing and engineer who came and repositioned the dish and installed a new LNB all for £30 [emoji1360]