PDA

View Full Version : Wifi for some but not for all

steveunderhill11
23-02-17, 18:02
So I have a very strange issue and any help would be appreciated if for no other reason that its got me very puzzled.

So currently we are without a hardwired internet connection and relying on 3G/4G. In all honesty this hasn't been much of a problem to us. Using an iPhones Personal hotspot feature, I can connect my VU Solo 2 , via wifi WPA2 (I think) and the box works fine. CCcam and all functionality , plugins etc , not a problem.

If I connect the box to my other router (Asus DSL-N66u), using an android phone via usb as the internet connection, I get limited functionality. for instance I can download plugins update crossepg, but cccam is having none of it? The box has an internet connection but certain aspects won't work, connect back to the iPhone and voila! I have tried several ways of connection along with many different wireless configurations?

Any ideas?

birdman
24-02-17, 03:19
If I connect the box to my other router (Asus DSL-N66u), using an android phone via usb as the internet connectionI've never used that in connexion with a ViX box, but I have tried such a set-up (just to check that it would work if my ADSL line were out of action for any length of time) and it juts looked like a standard Internet connexion. The only reasons I can think of for this to foil a connexion would be:

You've set a filter on the Asus router that is blocking something.
You're Apple and Android 'phones are on different networks, and the network providers are doing something different.

You could check 2. by swapping round the 'phones - try the Android one as the Wifi-hotspot, and the iPhone in the Asus router,.