PDA

View Full Version : os mega or a 4k box

Ian l
19-02-17, 23:08
i was thinking of buying an os mega this week but read somewhere getting a 4k box is future proofing ?
not got a 4k tv so dont think 4k needed ?
dont want this box being obsolete within a year
thoughts anyone

gerinemo
20-02-17, 00:10
My humble 2p worth
We don't even have HD as standard yet
Still a lot of SD channels out there never mind 4k
I would go with the os mega and in another few years when 4k becomes the norm consider a 4 k box which will have come down in price
just my 2p worth

kokojnr
20-02-17, 00:32
i was thinking of buying an os mega this week but read somewhere getting a 4k box is future proofing ?
not got a 4k tv so dont think 4k needed ?
dont want this box being obsolete within a year
thoughts anyone
How many channels will broadcast in 4k, in the next 5 years?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

mrxbox360
20-02-17, 01:02
Hi if i was you & based on your choice id look at mutant hd51 £189 with twin tuners from wos plus you can add an internal hdd at a later date, the os mega £179 ok you can add hdd also.

if your looking long term the mutant is a no brainer & its blistering fast box, ive got the mutant with both cable & sky tuners plus a 500gb hdd installed & it works perfectly :thumbsup:

johnrichard
20-02-17, 03:30
buy the mega regards john

Ian l
20-02-17, 08:45
Thanks all.
Now that has made me look at a mutant....so much choice now.if I view this box as a 2 year box (hopefully more )I'm not sure I will need 4k.
What I would like to achieve is the mega replacing my current viewing method which I've just cancelled.hdd will ensure fitted when ordering

twol
20-02-17, 09:31
Thanks all.
Now that has made me look at a mutant....so much choice now.if I view this box as a 2 year box (hopefully more )I'm not sure I will need 4k.
What I would like to achieve is the mega replacing my current viewing method which I've just cancelled.hdd will ensure fitted when ordering

The vendors always use marketing to try and make you buy the next greatest techie thing :) so rather than look at things like 4K, appreciate the real customer benefits of the Mutant HD51, a fast, low power Arm chip, great channel switching speeds, fast restart and an excellent HD/SD picture in 1080. Negatives - you must use OScam ... but at some stage thats something you probably have to do.... and a poor but adequate remote..... or you have a look at the Octagon SF4008 which is very comparable to teh HD51 and has a much nicer remote.

.. having said that here is nothing wrong with Edision.

Zedabee
20-02-17, 13:37
I've just bought and setup my OS Mega on OpenVix.... very happy with it, everything setup without a hitch with OpenVix, Addons, Kodi+ plugins all working perfectly......can't ask for anything more!. I can say with 100% confidence that I will not be needing a '4k sticker' on the front of my box for probably another 10 years!....and even then I can imagine most content will still be slowly migrating to 1080p. Do you plan on paying for 4K services?, if not then the chances of you being able to view any 4K stuff at all is slim.

I cannot speak for the other boxs mentioned...but a happy customer here with the OS Mega !.

Ian l
20-02-17, 14:56
OK thanks. On your mega does it have a 7 day epg where you can record programme's? I'm now thinking mega is the box for me.will be having hdd put in when ordering

Andy_Hazza
20-02-17, 15:06
Nothing to do with the box having a 7 day tv guide. The ViX image allows you to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossi2000
20-02-17, 15:11
because there are no 4k broadcasts, doesn't mean you can't watch 4k content via other means.

there are tons of 4k content out there, ripped from most online streaming services.
these boxes should be able to play those.

Ian l
20-02-17, 15:40
Great thanks.mind made up.
Have I seen a set up guide somewhere on hear ??
And I presume all these boxes have 7 day epg if added to it ? Will be having openvix put on in order

Stanman
20-02-17, 15:58
Yes you will get 7 day EPG with openvix image

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk